Horseshoe Bay Beach... to the left of it

royal girl

If you are standing on Horseshoe Bay Beach with the water in front of you... way to the left there were rocks. If you walk that way... can you cut through those rocks to another beach? This will be our fifth time there and we've never walked that way before. We're on a cruise next week and would like to walk down that way if it's worth checking out. Thanks.

You can walk all the way to Warwick Long Bay Beach but you will have to leave the beach and follow paths to end at WLBB. Here's a satellite photo which shows the paths and beaches in between:

BeachPathV3.jpg

You can get a larger image by right clicking on the image, selecting COPY IMAGE, and then pasting it into a photo editing software.

SBtS

Edited by SailBadtheSinner
speling

If you are standing on Horseshoe Bay Beach with the water in front of you... way to the left there were rocks. If you walk that way... can you cut through those rocks to another beach? This will be our fifth time there and we've never walked that way before. We're on a cruise next week and would like to walk down that way if it's worth checking out. Thanks.

To the left of the rocks is not to be missed! First there is a lovely cove and then beach stretching to Jobsons Cove and Warwick Long Beach. Whenever I go to Horseshoe I go at least as far to the left as shown in the photos. Exploring there is the best part of the day.

f75221040c47da399e6f288032574b81.jpg

d422a419919262b0a735ed517fa30001.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

I;m glad you said go to the left. We want to do this next week and I am directionally challenged. I would have gone to the right. Thanks for steering me in the right(left) direction.

Laura

We went there Monday and walked all the way down to the left. There were several coves that were easily accessible then we came upon one that we had to get to by climbing over some rocks. This led to another smaller beach area. I definitely recommend walking down there. It's beautiful!

Here are some of member Mitsugurly's posts with photos of the beaches to the left. She cruised to Bermuda in 2015.

SBtS

Edited by SailBadtheSinner
speling

anybody have any idea how long of a walk from horseshoe to warwick it is? some people mentioned paths and rocks? are people walking it barefooted or with sneakers, flops, water shoes??

It is about a mile and a quarter. You need footwear, not do it barefoot, because some parts are along the beach and other parts are on foot paths and horse trails. I wear Teva sandals.

It's better to wear shoes than barefoot, although my son made it most the way barefoot until I yelled at him. You definitely don't want to be in flip flops unless you are yearning for a twisted ankle or slipping off a rock.

Posts #5 and 6 here show some of the pictures I took there last week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2510519