How much jewelry do you take?

Anthomaniac

I bring quite a lot, mostly costume jewelry; lots of necklaces, bracelets, rings and now that I finally got my ears re-pierced some earrings.

I put the long necklaces in tiny zip-lock bags so they don't tangle. It all fits into a silk roll up bag that has one large compartment and multiple zip pockets. Rolled up it is about 3-4" in diamenter, or it can go flat. I put it in my carry-on.

Have been cruising regularly since we retired fifteen years ago. With every passing year I take less and less jewelry and fewer and fewer cosmetics for that matter. Also bring half the clothes I used to bring. We have three cruises this year. I plan to shoot for even less outfits on those cruises. Yikes! I hope I don't cut back too much. :o

I wear necklaces only at night. I wear the same simple earrings day and night except for formal nights and I don't wear bracelets. It is just so much easier to have just a necklace or two, a couple sets of earrings and not bring much more in the way of jewelry.

I don't wear jewelry during the day, but wear it every night on the ship. A silver set, a pearl set, a diamond pendant, some semi-precious stones like topaz and amber..... I take a lot of jewelry, and some of it doesn't get worn. However, compared to some of my other character flaws, this is pretty minor ;)

I always wear a watch, so one of my watches goes with me. I'm not in to flashy or costume stuff. I have a couple of simple silver or gold chains with a simple small pendant on them that I wear everyday for work or out and about. I'll take maybe 2 or 3 of these. I'll take 2 of my pairs of studs for my top holes and maybe 3 earrings for the bottom holes. I do have a simple silver Swarovski necklace and earrings that I can throw in my little bag if I want to take something for a "elegant" look. If I'm feeling it would work for my vacation, I have a wonderful, but plain, bead necklace (the beads were hand-made and painted in a giraffe-like color pattern) that I bought from a women's cooperative in Kenya. Everything fits into a little satin zip bag (3" round and maybe 1/2" high) that a friend brought me from Hong Kong.

Hi,:)my jewelry varies During the day I normally wear a pair of hoops, a necklace, watch on the left wrist and I have a bracelet I never take off on the right wrist. The hoops are simple and either sterling silver or gold. The necklace is usually

a simple chain........rolo, rope, marine link, etc......

Evenings I always change my jewelry. In my opinion earrings are so easy to pack and they don't take up much space

so I normally bring more pairs than I will actually use but as some women take more clothing than I would ever take, I

do pack a lot of earrings. (probably more than a lot of gals anyway). As for necklaces, I have a neckwire and several

pendants/enhancers that I wear in the evenings. I also pack a couple of regular necklaces too. I bring 3 or 4

watches.....I have a dressier one for the evenings. I am a watch gal and always wear one during the day and at night.

My sportier watch does not go with my evening outfits so I would not wear it at night. Everything packs in a tri-fold jewerly roll. It hangs up.

Everyone has their priorities, even about jewelry...some gals don't bring anything extra and some gals like wearing it and

bring plenty. Do what is comfortable for you:)

I forgot about my most important piece of jewelry that I take with me and wear 24/7 on vacation: my Road ID. Since I am a solo traveler, I want to be sure that, if anything happens to me on a trip, all my necessary data is available to authorities.

My current Road ID is purple. I don't care if it doesn't match or go with something I'm wearing, even at night if I must "dress up." I'm not so vain that I would go without it because it may not match.

If you are solo traveler, I highly suggest you look into a Road ID!!! I also wear it when I'm going out hiking or biking or skiing...

• 2 weeks later...

I pack simple basic clothing items and dress them up with fun or interesting jewelry and accessories. i take several bracelets, necklaces, and earrings - colorful and fun for casual and blingy for dressy. Jewelry items don't take up much room in the suitcase. I often wear a basic dress or top more than once with different jewelry.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bring something like this:

24-font-b-Pockets-b-font-Real-Set-Organizadores-Organizador-Box-Hanging-font-b-Jewelry-b.jpg

Mine folds flat (in thirds) and closes with velcro....usually all pockets are filled? LOL. I bring several pairs of earrings and a couple of necklaces and bracelets. I carry my watches in a separate 'case' and usually bring 4-5 of those depending on outfits/activities (e.g. waterproof ones for beaches/snorkelling)....

I love this as it is easy to organize and I can SEE everything at once - goes in my carryon.....

• 2 weeks later...

I don't wear costume jewellery, but I collect antique and vintage pieces. A typical cruise jewellery wardrobe for me is a watch, wedding ring, 2 right hand rings (one for daily wear and a cocktail/dinner ring for formal nights), two pairs of earrings (again one for daily wear and one for formal nights), and a diamond bracelet for formal nights.

I tend to stick with what I wear daily, plus one or two additional pieces. Over the years I've learned that I like a few simple pieces for full-time wear. I wear, and travel with, 1 watch (same lovely timepiece I've worn daily - both in formal wear and to Iraq - for almost 15 years), diamond stud earrings, and my wedding band. On cruises, I add an Alex and Ani bracelet for day, a cocktail ring for evenings, and three necklaces: a long necklace with a turquoise stone, a long silver necklace I inherited from my grandmother, and a mid-length Pyrrha necklace and pendant. I've never been good with matching jewelry to outfits, so I keep it as simple as possible!

I enjoy wearing jewelry while cruising and I am an over-organizer, so I list jewelry for each day outfit and night outfit on my spreadsheet. I put each outfit's jewelry in a zip-loc bag, poke a hole in the bag near the top but below the zip closure, insert the hanger hook in the hole and hang all on the cruise closet rod. When it's time to pack the suitcase, jewelry can be fitted anywhere. All jewelry goes in the safe when I arrive in the room. As long as I have my spreadsheet, I'm golden. My jewelry isn't enormously heavy and I enjoy wearing something special.

Two tips I read many moons ago: 1) Insert necklace chain through straw to prevent tangles. 2) Keep several earring sets organized on a business card or index card.

I'm not a big jewelry person. I don't particularly care for big jewelry (the literal size) and jewelry generally makes me feel oddly overdressed so I don't generally wear much. I don't sleep in any jewelry (including wedding ring), I don't bathe with jewelry (including wedding), nor do I wear it when I work out or do any sweat inducing activity or any wet activity, including swimming or doing the dishes. So I don't generally travel with my wedding ring, even.

I generally bring jewelry that I can stand to lose. I will not bring anything that would be emotionally devastating on most travels. I will not risk tarnishing the good memories of what should be happy vacation travel with memories of losing irreplaceable pieces. DH had his wedding ring stolen from his locked locker at the Y many, many years ago. It wasn't horrible because it was a simple gold band, but my ring has a stone from my paternal Grandmother and a stone from DH's paternal Grandma together in my wedding band...and I only have a wedding band like my DH...resetting the engagement ring into one wedding band. So it would be beyond sad if I were to lose that.

SO, I bring very simple jewelry. Most earrings are studs, or slightly bigger than a stud, or hoops. I have a small jewelry box (the kind that holds one ring) that I took that insert out of that I use to pack all my earrings. I use small bags to pack the few necklaces that I bring, which are all a chain and pendant style. I follow this packing technique for those:

DH and I have seen some rings in a sporting goods store that are made to wear when you are being active and yet still be able to wear an indication of marriage. We have seriously debated getting those for vacations.

• 3 weeks later...

As many stated, it's a matter of personal preference, I'm one of the super light packers, but I do bring some pieces... my wedding ring, which I pretty much never take off, a silver medallion necklace on a black leather strap, bought in Santorini a few years back, my favorite (& only) necklace. & 2 or 3 pairs of earrings, my older daughter buys them each year at a science conference each year, they are hand made in S. America from local seeds, fair trade & sustainable. :)

I'm a jeweler. I always wear jewels. I plan on taking my south sea pearl strand as pearls look fabulous with black, and black is slimming. Right ladies?I love that I can keep my jewelry in the safe and not worry. If I'm going dress up, my jewelry better be on point. I would be a disgrace to my profession.

I tend to be a light packer and bring lots of versatile clothing that I dress up with colorful/interesting costume jewelry (blingy on dressy nights). Jewelry doesn't take up much space in the luggage, and to me really makes the outfit by adding that pop of color or bling.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I bring a medium amount of costume jewelry to bling up my outfits for dinner. I never bring anything I could not stand to lose so all of the real jewelry goes in a safe deposit box before the trip I don't even keep it in my house.

I bring the following:

- My wedding rings, which I never take off.

- One pair of "wear everyday" simple earrings -- something simple in silver or gold.

- Rather than take "options" along with me, I take time at home to lay out items that match the clothes I'm taking. This is typically two necklaces and two pairs of earrings. Maybe a bracelet.

• 1 month later...
Too much! Since I retired I often don't wear any jewelry unless I am going somewhere special. Therefore, cruising is my chance to wear jewelry that otherwise might not see the light of day. Like calliopecruiser I "dress" for dinner every night on a cruise, so about 95% of the jewelry I take is for then. During the day I may wear only earrings and a watch and maybe a ring. At a port I only wear a watch.

This!!!!! Also a chance for my outfits to be seen. lol

I pack 2 outfits for each day and every outfit has its own jewelry.

I bring a medium amount of costume jewelry to bling up my outfits for dinner. I never bring anything I could not stand to lose so all of the real jewelry goes in a safe deposit box before the trip I don't even keep it in my house.

I only bring costume jewelry

• 2 weeks later...