Balls on TA crossing in Sept 2017

Something Else

I can see in the itinerary info that we have a Roaring Twenties Ball and an A Black and White Ball and one other formal night ...would anyone know if the Formal night has a theme ? ..We would like to be prepared as we are coming from Australia ..Many thanks.

I am on the QM2 westbound crossing beginning Aug. 31. We have three balls listed: Black and White, Roaring 20s, and a third that is merely listed as a "formal" evening. From my limited experience (1 prior crossing) and what I have read on here, I take that to mean that there is no theme for the formal ball, other than dressing elegantly.

Given that you have the same balls listed as me, is it possible that you are on the same crossing?

I concur with what Whirled Peas has stated. A crossing on QM2 typically does have three formal nights with two of those formal nights corresponding to themed balls in the Queens Room while the remaining formal night is usually not themed.

For our roundtrip, both legs have a 'black and white' ball, an un-themed formal night plus masquerade [eastbound leg] and roaring 20's [westbound leg]

I have the same combination. I don't bother about the masquerade ball, but I'm toying with doing something about the roaring 20's.

Does anyone know how much attention the roaring 20's theme gets?

I am on the QM2 westbound crossing beginning Aug. 31. We have three balls listed: Black and White, Roaring 20s, and a third that is merely listed as a "formal" evening. From my limited experience (1 prior crossing) and what I have read on here, I take that to mean that there is no theme for the formal ball, other than dressing elegantly.

Given that you have the same balls listed as me, is it possible that you are on the same crossing?

We are leaving Southampton on the 14th Sept arrive New York 22 Sept...thanks for your info on the Balls.:)

I have the same combination. I don't bother about the masquerade ball, but I'm toying with doing something about the roaring 20's.

Does anyone know how much attention the roaring 20's theme gets?

We have been on quite a few trips with the Roaring Twenties theme, and it seems to be that it is becoming evermore popular! Very easy to comply with if you want: white silk scarf for the gent, flapper dress for the lady (if adventurous) or just long pearls and gloves and the simple black dress, with possible hair accessories. I think it is worth joining in with the evening; it is part of the atmosphere. Enjoy!