Shuttle bus from Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay

parasailor

Do buses/mini-buses mind a dry men's or boys swim-suit and t-shirt on the way to a beach?

I was assuming whar what disallowed was wet men's suits or women's suits with no cover up?

All the men on the mini bus we took to and from Horseshoe Bay beach were wearing dry bathing suits with either a tshirt or a rash guard. Nothing was said to my husband or any of the men we saw.

All the men on the mini bus we took to and from Horseshoe Bay beach were wearing dry bathing suits with either a tshirt or a rash guard. Nothing was said to my husband or any of the men we saw.

I don't think they will say anything about the men's or boy's bathing suits if they are dry. I never tested that myself. I am used to changing there because there are ample changing rooms and in the old days there were only then public buses and taxis those drivers were sticklers about not wearing bathing suits.

Edited by Charles4515

The only time I would think they might wear dry ones would be TO Warwick Longbay (since there are no changing facilities there). Once we make our way back to Horseshoe, they could change before riding back to the Dockyard. I am not a guy--but the thought of having to put shorts over men's swim trunks--that doesn't sound too comforable, unless you have a pair of shorts that runs a bit big.

The only time I would think they might wear dry ones would be TO Warwick Longbay (since there are no changing facilities there). Once we make our way back to Horseshoe, they could change before riding back to the Dockyard. I am not a guy--but the thought of having to put shorts over men's swim trunks--that doesn't sound too comforable, unless you have a pair of shorts that runs a bit big.

I have a pair of cargo shorts that are only for going to the beach that I wear over my swim trunks. It is not uncomfortable. At Horseshoe and Tobacco I use the changing rooms at the end. My swim trunks are the quick drying type, so at other beaches I time it so they are mostly dry and then the cargo shorts go over them.

This is great information.

I had no idea and was glad to learn about no bathing suits on the transportation. I assume a dry suit for me with a dress type (not see-through) cover up would be ok.

How late do the shuttles run to get back to the ship? We arrive at 2PM on a Saturday in July and will head straight to Horseshoe Beach. How late can we stay?

This is great information.

I had no idea and was glad to learn about no bathing suits on the transportation. I assume a dry suit for me with a dress type (not see-through) cover up would be ok.

How late do the shuttles run to get back to the ship? We arrive at 2PM on a Saturday in July and will head straight to Horseshoe Beach. How late can we stay?

If it were a weekday, the answer would be 6 pm, but it is a Saturday, so I'll say 6 pm with no confidence in my answer. A taxi may be the answer but IDK what the crowds are on late Saturday to make it attractive to a taxi driver.

An option would be to walk to the bus route at the start of the HSB access road. A public bus departs Hamilton at 5:30 and 7:15 pm which would put it at HSB at about 5:55 and 7:40 pm, respectively. The bus fare is $5 exact change, coins only, or token.

I'm sure someone will post with up-to-date information on mini-bus service on weekends.

SBtS

Keep in mind that the public bus drops off at top of a decent size hill to walk down and back up after horseshoe beach. The small vans go right to bottom of hill and pick you up there after beach day. Important for those with health issues and with kids. Vans are quite enjoyable and you support the local hard working people. Plus they give some information about the island. We loved the time spent. Also if you take ferry to st George and are going to Tobacco bay beach same thing. It's quite a walk over the hill. Cabs are available.

Is the $7 pp one-way? Or roundtrip?

The preferred way to Horseshoe Bay from the Dockyard is to take the $7 pp one way shuttle. I posted a picture below where the shuttles are and the sign to look for, Bermudians are all very helpful. The shuttles run all day and once they fill up, they'll take you to the beach.

I went to Horseshoe Bay four times the beginning of this month and the longest I had to wait at the Dockyard for the shuttle to fill up was about 10 mins. The ride to Horseshoe by shuttle is about 25 mins., the bus ride is much longer, maybe 45 mins. and if you take the bus, you'll have to do a little bit of walking downhill. The shuttle leaves you off at the entrance to the beach.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53122936&postcount=8

Anyone know the start and end times? Specifically, when does the first $7 shuttle leave from the port/warf and when is the last shuttle back to the ship? Do the shuttles get full and require waiting awhile for another one? ....is there more than one vehicle/shuttle?

• 1 month later...

We were there in June. We were told by customer service that the shuttles run every 1/2 hour all 24 hours. Can't say if that true. We were specifically asking about 6 am but didn't wake up anyway. We waited about 45 minutes at about 10 am for 3 shuttles to fill up in front of us. Of course, everyone was on line at that time. The shuttles held about 14 people at a time. We have also been to Bermuda in May and just got on immediately. It's really easy.

The shuttles are really just individually owned minivans so it depends when they get through traffic and work. There's also the option of a taxi if you can't wait. I can't recall the price but it certainly wasn't a lot of money.

We were there in June. We were told by customer service that the shuttles run every 1/2 hour all 24 hours. Can't say if that true. We were specifically asking about 6 am but didn't wake up anyway. We waited about 45 minutes at about 10 am for 3 shuttles to fill up in front of us. Of course, everyone was on line at that time. The shuttles held about 14 people at a time. We have also been to Bermuda in May and just got on immediately. It's really easy.

The shuttles are really just individually owned minivans so it depends when they get through traffic and work. There's also the option of a taxi if you can't wait. I can't recall the price but it certainly wasn't a lot of money.

No. What "customer service" told you that? The cruise ship's? They are in general clueless. First, the shuttles don't run on a schedule, they leave when they fill up. Second they don't run 24 hours a day. Typically it might be about 8 am to 6 pm give or take 30 to 60 minutes on either side of those hours. As you said, they're individually owned vehicles, and the owners and drivers can only make money when people want to use their vans. Since no one is going to the beach at, say, 1 am, I can assure you there are no shuttles lined up waiting for passengers at that time.