Holland America road to Hana tour

bandmp

Unless you've seen and done other stuff on Maui, this is NOT a "must do"...It's a full day in a vehicle. Yes, there are views, but there are views EVERYWHERE on Maui! Save the "Road to Hana" for a land based vacation, when you have time to kill! There are so many other things to see and do...don't waste an entire day! Get a guidebook and see what else there is in Maui!

The Road to Hana is beautiful. Some say don't do it and others say it is not to be missed. I would pick the RTH over Haleakala, but that is just my opinion. Astro Flyer might have some good input for you. We have never taken a tour on the RTH but have always enjoyed the beautiful views, waterfalls, and foliage. You might check on your roll call to see if there are others doing the tour. And, it is not necessary to do the entire RTH to enjoy all it has to offer. Have a great cruise. Cherie

Has anyone taken this tour recently? What type of vehicle is used? I am able to find only old reviews - so recent inf would help. Thanks -:) Mary

I did this tour from the Maasdam in Febuary this year. As previousy stated, it is on 14 -16 seater coaches. Not the usual minivan, but a full height small electric bus. Easy steps as well. We stopped numerous times. It is a long day, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. We had sunshine, rain, fog, and everything else. At one stage we were stopped for 20 mins my road works. I wouldn't suggest you hire a car, as you may not get back in time, and the driver would have to concentrate on the road. I found the road back more interesting than the road there. The only problem we had was that the tour company forgot to tell the hotel we were coming for lunch. They scrounged up something but it was fairly basic. Not the ships fault. K