Formal night on recent Harmony cruise

For anyone who has been on a recent Harmony cruise: I heard that on the Oasis class ships, the dress code is not as strict. What have the men worn on "formal night?" Is a tie and shirt ok for men? (Doing a land tour before the cruise and want to pack light.) thank you for your response.

No need for a jacket on any ship, Oasis class no different than any other.

If not wearing a jacket, forget the tie it just isn't necessary. Just shirt and tie with no jacket makes you look like you're headed to the office:p

On our recent Harmony sailing there were all degrees of "formal" on display: everything from a tux to suits and ties and many of the ladies were VERY elegantly dressed.

I'm sorry that some folks feel the need to be snarky about what someone's attire "looks like" or means. IMO the important point is that a rigid notion of what being "dressed up" means no longer seems to apply. Some cruise lines such as Celebrity aren't even using the term "formal" anymore and for obvious reasons, too.

On Oasis last month I saw everything from tuxes/suits to nice pants with a dress shirt or even a nice polo. Didn't see many people woefully under-dressed (i.e. t-shirts). At this point I would feel comfortable without a jacket (which I greatly prefer to lessen the packing load plus I never wear one outside of weddings or previous formal nights).

You will see some "dressed to the nines" and others in jeans or shorts, so the "formal" night seems to be a preference, not mandatory. Our family will be on Harmony this October for our anniversary; DH and I will be in formal attire and have asked the adult kids to dress like they were attending a wedding, so we can have some nice pictures taken, as this could very well be our last "family" vacation all together!:loudcry: When we board, I will check out the prices for the photo package, as well, to get as many pictures as we can!:hearteyes:

When we board, I will check out the prices for the photo package, as well, to get as many pictures as we can!:hearteyes:

Seems like a good reason to want the pictures... I just hope you don't startle easily when you see the prices. :eek: I'm not into pictures but my SIL is nuts about them so I do know from our recent family cruise on Oasis that the better deals (not that any of them would be classified as deals) are for purchasing X number of photos on a CD and then having them printed at home via an online site, Walgreens, CVS, etc. IIRC you get ALL your pictures on a CD with faint lines through them to take with you so you can pick the ones you actually want at home. Once you choose the ones you want, I guess you contact RC and they send you the line-free version of them. Having digital versions also allows you to use them as wallpaper and home screens for phones, tablets, computers, etc.

Seems like a good reason to want the pictures... I just hope you don't startle easily when you see the prices. :eek: I'm not into pictures but my SIL is nuts about them so I do know from our recent family cruise on Oasis that the better deals (not that any of them would be classified as deals) are for purchasing X number of photos on a CD and then having them printed at home via an online site, Walgreens, CVS, etc. IIRC you get ALL your pictures on a CD with faint lines through them to take with you so you can pick the ones you actually want at home. Once you choose the ones you want, I guess you contact RC and they send you the line-free version of them. Having digital versions also allows you to use them as wallpaper and home screens for phones, tablets, computers, etc.

If the price is too high for our liking, we will use our own cameras since DH has a pretty nice one!:cool: Thanks for your thoughts!;)

I wear a polo, long pants and nice shoes just about every night for dinner on the cruise, including "formal" nights. On my last Oasis cruise, I'd say about half of the dining room was dressed formal.

I wear a polo, long pants and nice shoes just about every night for dinner on the cruise, including "formal" nights. On my last Oasis cruise, I'd say about half of the dining room was dressed formal.

We were just on Harmony ... and that's what Mr Chew wore in the MDR on formal night. I wore a sundress "blinged up" and a pretty wrap, and strappy high-heeled sandals.

I have absolutely no idea what anyone else was wearing ....

Last RCCL cruise I took was Anthem. Brought a sport coat with me, but didn't need it. So, sailing on Harmony next month. I'll leave it at home...allowing for my room in my luggage.

I think for Harmony, I'll just wear khakis and a polo or button down for dress up nights.

Like most, what others do or don't wear won't matter to me.

we were just on harmony ... And that's what mr chew wore in the mdr on formal night. I wore a sundress "blinged up" and a pretty wrap, and strappy high-heeled sandals.

i have absolutely no idea what anyone else was wearing ....

:)

Agreed!

Edited by graphicguy
spelling