MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Seaside Double Deck Atrium.

I do enjoy these little snippets that MSC releases, but I do find them humorous. They seem part of a larger video and then MSC picks them apart and releases them. They never show too much. Just a tease.

With just over Five months to go before Seaside is due to sail from Trieste to Miami it is ridiculous that MSC have still failed to release images of the Aft suites and cleared up the issue of the one/two bedroom GS.

Releasing bits of video clips is not the way forward and they need to learn from other cruise lines who have put out better information on their New builds.

With just over Five months to go before Seaside is due to sail from Trieste to Miami it is ridiculous that MSC have still failed to release images of the Aft suites and cleared up the issue of the one/two bedroom GS.

Releasing bits of video clips is not the way forward and they need to learn from other cruise lines who have put out better information on their New builds.

Agreed, it seems to be a "Top Secret" project. Don't they want to create excitement to motivate new bookings?

I would rather the cabins be nothing special or innovative then what NCL did on the Epic. They tried curved walls and the sink in the cabin outside the bathroom. It was so successful that they stopped at 1 ship.

I've sailed the EPIC twice and I'm not a fan of those bathrooms, although I really like the curved walls. Even better is what Celebrity is doing with EDGE and the Infinite Balcony cabins. That is innovation. It's been done on European river boats but a first for a cruise ship.

Anyway I can't wait to sail SEASIDE. The ship looks amazing, but the cabins just average.

Here are two clips that showed up on YouTube - real cabin mock-ups. Not renderings!!!

The first video was posted more than one year ago, and the second was posted 7 months ago.

I would rather the cabins be nothing special or innovative then what NCL did on the Epic. They tried curved walls and the sink in the cabin outside the bathroom. It was so successful that they stopped at 1 ship.

We were booked on the Epic, but had to cancel for other reasons. I must admit, I was perplexed by the curve and sink. Then again, I was confused that the "free" beverage package would have cost more than $300, and the "free" specialty dining package would have been around $90 (for two adults).

Then again, I was confused that the "free" beverage package would have cost more than $300, and the "free" specialty dining package would have been around $90 (for two adults).

Typical NCL. Nothing is actually "free" when it comes to Fee-Style cruising! Honestly it should be illegal to advertise something as free then charge $300 for it, but they get away with it under the guise of "service charges". I can guarantee the staff see none of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was confused that the "free" beverage package would have cost more than $300, and the "free" specialty dining package would have been around $90 (for two adults).

Typical NCL. Nothing is actually "free" when it comes to Fee-Style cruising! Honestly it should be illegal to advertise something as free then charge $300 for it, but they get away with it under the guise of "service charges". I can guarantee the staff see none of it.
If either of you were given a certificate for a free dinner for two at a local restaurant, what would you do at the end of your meal regarding the gratuity that should be given your server? Would you stiff them because the meal was free? This is the same concept that NCL is applying here. You pay 18% on the cost of the meal or beverage packages. Now, I will grant you that 79 pp per day is expensive for the drinks package and I will also agree that they should include the tips like Celebrity does, but that is another discussion for another thread.

If either of you were given a certificate for a free dinner for two at a local restaurant, what would you do at the end of your meal regarding the gratuity that should be given your server? Would you stiff them because the meal was free? This is the same concept that NCL is applying here. You pay 18% on the cost of the meal or beverage packages. Now, I will grant you that 79 pp per day is expensive for the drinks package and I will also agree that they should include the tips like Celebrity does, but that is another discussion for another thread.

Yes would make sense if the servers actually saw that gratuity. They don't. They are on a set contract with a set salary. More than one NCL server has told me how they are paid, and no they did not see pay increases with NCL's recent service charge hikes. If anything they tell me they are working much harder for the same $$ because everyone has these packages, so people are ordering more drinks, but NCL hasn't increased staffing. So as as customer you also have to wait longer for a drink. Also it should be up to me how much I tip and at the time of service based on that service. That is what tipping is all about. I actually usually tip 20%, but would prefer to give it directly to the server so I know they receive it. Often times I give a cash tip a couple times during a cruise to my favorite bartender and servers and they very much appreciate it. This added service charge off a "free package" is purely a way for NCL to make a profit off it. If you don't see that you're living a pipe dream. Yes I prefer the way Celebrity does it. It may have the same objective but at least you don't feel like you're being ripped off like I do with NCL. I'm all fee'd out by the end of an NCL cruise. Even "included" prepaid gratuities don't include the butler. NCL knows how to sock it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Bob ... Seaside is still in Monfalcone, honest ... :D I have a photo that I think proves it ... ;p The quality is not too good hence the reason for not posting it on here, plus I like to get permission off the person who has taken it before I post any here.

I get the feeling that MSC have spies on the ship to make sure photos do not get out of the yard ... :')

On worker was seriously injured last week or the week before working on the Seaview.

I'm guessing right now MERAGIVILA is still MSC's focus, at least from a PR perspective and with good reason. She is also a prototype with new innovations and needs her time to shine. SEASIDE will get her turn for sure. Most cruise lines don't have two different prototype ships launching so close to each other, so I'm sure it's challenging from a PR perspective. Usually the cruise line can just focus on their one new build.