What's the one thing I forgot to put on my list?

I put in a couple of coozys to help bottle drinks stay colder and my own small corkscrew and bottle topper. Depending on excursions, a small bug spray might be needed. I've just discovered that on upcoming cruise, interior and ocean view cabins don't have a fridge so I'm packing a small soft sided collapsable insulated cooler in case that ice bucket doesn't cut it.

No longer take bug spray. Found insect repellent now comes in individual wipes. Much smaller, easy to carry, and work very well. Even keep one or two in my purse at home.

No longer take bug spray. Found insect repellent now comes in individual wipes. Much smaller, easy to carry, and work very well. Even keep one or two in my purse at home.

Great idea....

I hate those aerosol cans.

Do they make suntan lotion that way??

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Have been cruising since the early 1990's and have always found cabin steward will bring extra hangers on request.

I'm only 11 years in but on multiple occasions they didn't have extras to share so I'm always prepared now just in case. Older ships have had that issue more, imo...

HATE TO STATE THE OBVIOUS<<<<<<<<<< PASSPORT........... everything else, is not an issue

After sun

Sea sickness medication. ( I like ginger pills)

Deodorant ( lessoned learned....... get a new one) sometimes you can't tell how much is left.

Great idea....

I hate those aerosol cans.

Do they make suntan lotion that way??

Answered my own question....

Looks like many choices of sun protection on individual wipes.

I will be buying some....

Answered my own question....

Looks like many choices of sun protection on individual wipes.

I will be buying some....

Yes! Was going to answer but you beat me to it! Haven't tried them, but seems like a good idea, especially for sightseeing rather than a full beach day; would probably take a full bottle/tube for the beach.

I know you listed toiletries but detail them Easy to forget one item

Deodorant

Shampoo

Conditioner

Hair Spray

Razor

Shaving creBruam

Toothpaste/Brush

First Aid

Anti itch cream for bug bites (or my DH had a reaction to something unknow, ship detergent maybe)

Neosporin

Did you pack a bathing suit?

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks so much for the detailed list! Yes, we have most and do have the bathing suits, though not sure we'll use them. They don't take up much space, though...

Didn't have the anti-itch cream and that's a great idea, so will add that.

Many thanks!

HATE TO STATE THE OBVIOUS<<<<<<<<<< PASSPORT........... everything else, is not an issue

After sun

Sea sickness medication. ( I like ginger pills)

Deodorant ( lessoned learned....... get a new one) sometimes you can't tell how much is left.

Always OK to state the obvious - would be awful to forget. Passports are on my list and checked.

I like the ginger gum, so have that and the scopolamine patch. Husband is an old salt, so immune to seasickness (I'm jealous!)

Great idea on the new deodorant. Though running out might ensure a little extra space in the ship's common areas. :D

Thanks so much!

I've only gotten sea sick once on a HAL cruise when the stabalizers (?) were broken it was my only HAL cruise and my only inside cabin...lol. I've seen that Ginger gum ...does it work well? The dramamine makes me tired!!

Seasickness is such an individual thing. I've always been prone to motion sickness. Tried Sea-Bands to no avail, don't like the drugged feeling of Dramamine. Bonnie is a little less sleep-inducing but isn't a guarantee. The scopolamine patch worked like a charm on our Morocco-Canary Isl sailing, and we traveled some very rough seas. It does have some side effects for many people, though.

I do like the ginger gum- tastes good, is packable and it works at least a little bit. That's why it's on my list - check! :)

I always take benedryl because I am allergic to shellfish. My pharmacist told me Claritin would do the same thing without making you drowsy. I take both.

Sham wow for rolling up wet stuff to pull some of the excess water out. Clips to clip them to chairs if you want to dry stuff outside on a balcony (if you have one).

Those blister band aids if you get a bister from walking. Those are awesome!

I put dryer sheets in my pocket along with my wipe on insect repellant. I have no clue if it really works, but we have never had bug bites. Except the time I left my balcony door open during a rainy morning and let in noseeums and they chomped my legs up! My bad!

I always take benedryl because I am allergic to shellfish. My pharmacist told me Claritin would do the same thing without making you drowsy. I take both.

Sham wow for rolling up wet stuff to pull some of the excess water out. Clips to clip them to chairs if you want to dry stuff outside on a balcony (if you have one).

Those blister band aids if you get a bister from walking. Those are awesome!

I put dryer sheets in my pocket along with my wipe on insect repellant. I have no clue if it really works, but we have never had bug bites. Except the time I left my balcony door open during a rainy morning and let in noseeums and they chomped my legs up! My bad!

Terrific suggestions - now I need another bag! :D

I like taping to my door a printed map of the general area I'm sailing, i.e. the Eastern or Southern Caribbean with marked islands.

Post-its, highlighter, pen and binoculars round out the MUST have list. Recently picked up nautical-themed post-its (with anchors) at the local Dollar store.

I know someone mentioned magnets with hooks, but actually, we like to use the over the closet door hooks. Bring a few for the closet doors. Also, a laundry bag? Not sure where other people store their dirty clothes, but we hang our laundry bag on the hook in the bathroom.

I also want to second bringing your own conditioner and shower gel. Even though the ship provides bars of soap and 2-in-1 shampoo, we just got off the Empress and did not like the 2-in-1 shampoo. I had to buy conditioner in Key West or risk having my hair look like a brillo pad the whole cruise, which it did on day 2! And we prefer shower gel over bar soap.

How about a lanyard for your Sea Pass? Looked like everyone had one around their neck for ease of use.

BTW, we loved Cuba. :)

Individual Shout Wipes in a packet.....best stain remover ever! I carry them with me all the time. I usually end up handing them out to friends if they spill something on their clothes. Once gave one to a friend that got soy sauce on their khaki pants.....poof, it's gone. Also, a believer in Downy Wrinkle Release. I take a couple small travel sizes with me.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Terrific suggestions - now I need another bag! :D

I also put fabric softener sheets among my clothes while packing. When you open the suitcases, you get a nice clean smell. Then use the softener sheets in your dirty laundry bag to keep them from smelling too bad.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did someone already mention clothes pegs? These come in handy when you have a retractable clothesline in the shower / tub. Also a decorative magnet or a small unique sign for the exterior side of your cabin door. This will help to make your cabin stand out from all the lookalikes! Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have fun on your trip!

When I saw your original post, I thought about a camera first! I am a photographer by hobby, though.

Please let us know what you used and didn't use afterwards!

Most definitely. I always do a review of my cruises, so will for certain include a review of the "one thing" list. :)

I've only gotten sea sick once on a HAL cruise when the stabalizers (?) were broken it was my only HAL cruise and my only inside cabin...lol. I've seen that Ginger gum ...does it work well? The dramamine makes me tired!!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

I love the Ginger Mints from Trader Joe's. Never travel without them. I don't get seasick, but often get queasy on long airline trips.