Price drop after final payment?

That would be a big No, Nada, Zero !!!

They won´t refund you anything. If you are lucky and a higher category has dropped you might be able to get an upgrade to a higher category.

Of Course you are always free to cancel and re-book, but that would only work out if the pricedrop is significant enough to cover the loss of Money with cancelation.

Thanks for info. Thinking about making final payment early, about two months before due date. So if I do pay early before due date still a chance for a refund if price drops??? Thanks.

Yes, when you make final payment doesn't matter, it's Royal's final payment date that matters.

Any chance for a refund if the price drops after you pay final payment?

Only exception would be if you initially booked within 48 hours of the price drop, then they would give you 110% of the difference as OBC.

The one time we saw a big price drop after our final payment date I called the TA to inquire and she was able to get us upgraded from a boardwalk balcony to an ocean view balcony on the Allure. No, you won't get money back but if you ask nicely but firmly you could get upgraded.

The one time we saw a big price drop after our final payment date I called the TA to inquire and she was able to get us upgraded from a boardwalk balcony to an ocean view balcony on the Allure. No, you won't get money back but if you ask nicely but firmly you could get upgraded.

Doesn't matter how you ask, if there is a price drop on a higher category, you are entitled to the upgrade. However, this is not what the OP was asking. If there is a price drop on your category prior to the official final payment date you can get a refund even if you have paid in full early.

"To bring our policies in line with cruise industry's standard practice, Royal Caribbean International instituted our new Best Price Guarantee program in May of 2010.

Any reservation created after May 17, 2010, that undergoes a normal price reduction before the final payment date may have the price difference refunded or applied as onboard credit. A "normal price reduction" is any reduction in cruise fare for which the reservation would be eligible. Kindly note that special promotions and coupons are generally not applicable.

After the final payment date, no refunds or onboard credits are available, unless the booking was created within 48 hours of the price change and the proper redemption form was submitted. Please visit*http://www.royalcaribbean.com/bestpriceguarantee*for the complete terms and conditions."

I asked about this a couple of months ago and this is what I received.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Something I've never been quite clear on...If, after final payment date, a more preferable cabin in a lower category becomes available can you change even if the price is lower? Can you agree to keep your payment the same but just switch cabins?

Yes, they will let you downgrade.

Thanks for info. Thinking about making final payment early, about two months before due date. So if I do pay early before due date still a chance for a refund if price drops??? Thanks.

Yes, when you make final payment doesn't matter, it's Royal's final payment date that matters.

I have read scattered reports over the years that people were not able to get price drops after they made their final payments early. I can't corroborate if that is policy or not, or if it in fact happened or not, but can see no reason to pay early and take that risk. Just stick it in the bank and pay the week it is due unless paying early triggers a credit card reward or rebate, IMO; some type of advantage to the consumer.

I have read scattered reports over the years that people were not able to get price drops after they made their final payments early. I can't corroborate if that is policy or not, or if it in fact happened or not, but can see no reason to pay early and take that risk. Just stick it in the bank and pay the week it is due unless paying early triggers a credit card reward or rebate, IMO; some type of advantage to the consumer.

I did read one of those reports and the person called back and it turned out to be that the first agent just looked and saw that the final payment had been made and did not look at the date it was actually due. The second agent gave them the price drop.

I agree that there is no real point in making final payment early other than it gives some peace of mind that it us paid for and the recent offering of OBC to pay your cruise off early.

I have read scattered reports over the years that people were not able to get price drops after they made their final payments early. Just stick it in the bank and pay the week it is due unless paying early triggers a credit card reward or rebate, IMO; some type of advantage to the consumer.

I've made FP in February when the actual date was end of May. The exchange rate for us was favorable, and I was afraid that the dollar will start rising again.

A few days after I've made the early FP, there was a nice drop. Called, and the following week I got refunded on my CC the price drop - 245$ :D.

I've made FP in February when the actual date was end of May. The exchange rate for us was favorable, and I was afraid that the dollar will start rising again.

A few days after I've made the early FP, there was a nice drop. Called, and the following week I got refunded on my CC the price drop - 245$ :D.

I *always* forget to disclaimer about currency exchange if applicable. Yes, in that case you had an advantage. I am for things that give the consumer an advantage; so in some instances paying early is a good move.

It has happened. My son received a $900 credit to his CC# after a price dropped that he had paid in full. The price drop occurred BEFORE final payment date.