First solo cruise

I hope so! I am one of them...:)

This will be my first time going solo on RCI, and if it's anything like my experience on the NCL Breakaway last January, I will be very happy....

I hope RCI has an activities staff member hosting nightly solo cruiser's meets, like NCL did...

The only thing I have ever seen on Royal is a solo luncheon. There was no host. You just met at the Bionic Bar, and went down to lunch. I went once, and wasn't impressed.

This will be my 20th solo cruise on Royal, and everyone I met was through the roll call on Cruise Critic. We just planned a meeting place for when we boarded.

Even if they don't 'host' it, don't they have a nightly solo cruiser's meet at some venue listed in the daily Compass?

They usually do for certain other gathering's......

I hope so but determined to have fun either way:)

Even if they don't 'host' it, don't they have a nightly solo cruiser's meet at some venue listed in the daily Compass?

They usually do for certain other gathering's......

Haven't seen anything but the solo lunch and only on sea days. Here is a Compass for the 12 night in April. We always end up in the Music Hall, if there isn't a show scheduled. They have a great band on there now called Rock the Boat, but they will be getting off the first week of September.

https://www.******************.com/cruise-compasses/anthem-of-the-seas/mon-2017-04-17-0000

Sorry it's blocking out the website. I guess not allowed on CC. If you do a google search for Anthem cruise compass, it should come up.

Haven't seen anything but the solo lunch and only on sea days. Here is a Compass for the 12 night in April. We always end up in the Music Hall, if there isn't a show scheduled. They have a great band on there now called Rock the Boat, but they will be getting off the first week of September.

https://www.******************.com/cruise-compasses/anthem-of-the-seas/mon-2017-04-17-0000

Sorry it's blocking out the website. I guess not allowed on CC. If you do a google search for Anthem cruise compass, it should come up.

Okay, I found it....

I see the daily lunch meet at noon at the Bionic Bar...also see that there is a 'community bulletin board' at guest services, for posting group activity.

While not as good as what NCL offer's, it is better than nothing, and I hope to meet (single) solo cruiser's on board...:)

I'm 32 years old, and have been doing around 2-3 solo cruises per year for the past few years. I don't always go solo, but I get 5 weeks vacation, and my girlfriend gets 2 weeks.

Going solo is different for sure, but I've learned to keep an open mind and just be yourself around people. Make conversations at the bars, and enjoy yourself.

The one thing that I sometimes still don't love is dining alone in the specialty restaurants. It doesn't keep me from going to to them, I just don't love sitting alone at a table that's 12-15 inches away from another couple.

My least favorite solo cruise was my first one, a few years ago on Monarch of the Seas. Everyone was having a blast around me, but I kept to myself and just watched.

I'm 32 years old, and have been doing around 2-3 solo cruises per year for the past few years. I don't always go solo, but I get 5 weeks vacation, and my girlfriend gets 2 weeks.

Going solo is different for sure, but I've learned to keep an open mind and just be yourself around people. Make conversations at the bars, and enjoy yourself.

The one thing that I sometimes still don't love is dining alone in the specialty restaurants. It doesn't keep me from going to to them, I just don't love sitting alone at a table that's 12-15 inches away from another couple.

My least favorite solo cruise was my first one, a few years ago on Monarch of the Seas. Everyone was having a blast around me, but I kept to myself and just watched.

.....and I've always loved your reviews!!!! Your solo reviews helped me to see I could do this too!!! Keep them coming!!!!

I agree about the dinning piece....this is my biggest hesitation....but I dine alone due to work or just wanting to get out and read a book....so I'm prepared. Wondering how to achieve not loosing a table at WJ if I need to get up....but I plan to take a book and bag to leave at the table...