Prepurchasing Drinks / Internet with OBC

Hi everyone,

Hope I can borrow some expertise: I have a bunch of OBC (more than enough to cover gratuities) that I would like to spend on drinks and internet.

It seems like the best deal / hassle-free approach is always to buy in advance online when they run sales but I don't see a way to apply my OBC online. If I purchase online, I will have way too much OBC when I am on the ship and just end up "wasting" it.

If I purchase on ship, I would lose out on the 40%-50% sales which is a bit of a bummer.

Does anyone have any ideas on the "smartest' thing to do with OBC's?

Thanks!

What a problem to have!

Gratuities, shore excursions, and dining. You can also pick up overpriced logo items or shop the duty free stores!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

Hope I can borrow some expertise: I have a bunch of OBC (more than enough to cover gratuities) that I would like to spend on drinks and internet.

It seems like the best deal / hassle-free approach is always to buy in advance online when they run sales but I don't see a way to apply my OBC online. If I purchase online, I will have way too much OBC when I am on the ship and just end up "wasting" it.

If I purchase on ship, I would lose out on the 40%-50% sales which is a bit of a bummer.

Does anyone have any ideas on the "smartest' thing to do with OBC's?

Thanks!

If your OBC is from Royal or Visa points, you should see it online when you first enter your Cruise Planner. If your OBC is from a travel agent, then you will not be able to use it pre-cruise, however it will be fully refundable, so you can get a cash refund on the last day if you don't it all.

Unfortunately you cannot use 'On Board Credit' when you are not 'On Board'.

Royal has changed this policy lately, and allows certain on board credits to be used for pre-cruise purchases.

I just used mine from RCL to purchase a portion of our drink package. When you go to check out there is an option to use all or part of your OBC for the purchase. If it's RCL OBC it will show at the very top of your cruise planner page as to how much you have. It was very easy to apply. As stated, I also have TA OBC, which doesn't show. In the past, it has shown up on my account around Day 2.

If your OBC is from Royal or Visa points, you should see it online when you first enter your Cruise Planner. If your OBC is from a travel agent, then you will not be able to use it pre-cruise, however it will be fully refundable, so you can get a cash refund on the last day if you don't it all.

I redeemed some Visa OBC two weeks ago but it does not show in my cruise planner yet. Shouldn't it show by now?

I redeemed some Visa OBC two weeks ago but it does not show in my cruise planner yet. Shouldn't it show by now?

They apply OBC from Visa points in order of sailing date, so if your cruise is far in the future, it could be a few weeks before you see it.

When redeeming visa points for on board credit it lists 2 options (individual and shared), Which one do you choose?

If you want the entire OBC on your account, choose individual. If you want to split the OBC with your stateroom mate, choose shared.

If you and your stateroom mate are sharing the same credit card for payment of onboard expenses, it does not matter which you choose.