Atlantis excursion thru cruise line?

My sister and I are going on the Enchantment of the seas in November. We want to go to Atlantis while in Nassau. Do people suggest booking thru the cruise line or thru Atlantis themselves,for a day pass? Or any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks !!

My sister and I are going on the Enchantment of the seas in November. We want to go to Atlantis while in Nassau. Do people suggest booking thru the cruise line or thru Atlantis themselves,for a day pass? Or any other suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks !!

If you are just looking to tour the grounds and the aquarium there is only a couple $ difference in the price. If you are looking at doing the waterpark then look at getting a room at the comfort suites paradise island that gives you full Atlantis privileges for a lot less money.

Please note that the Waterpark does not open until 10 am (yes, you can go out in the area and wade around but none of the slides open until 10 am). Also, there are lockers available to rent for your valuables while at the waterpark.

We did the excursion thru the cruise line - approximately 8:30 am with return bus at 2 p.m. The slides open at 10 am and a storm came in around noon - everyone had to vacate the water for over an hour. If we had to do it over again, we would not use the ship excursion but do it ourselves via taxi.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like some good options. Our ship is docked from 0800 until 11 or midnight I think, so we should be able to get to see a fair amount of Atlantis.

Thanks again!

I believe the water park and dig closes at 6 or 7 pm.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Book directly through Atlantis and take a taxi.

I have recently discovered there is a potential downside to this. Atlantis considers their pre-booked Aquaventure passes to be non-refundable.

If the ship doesn't go to Nassau for some reason or even if you just changed your mind, you're out the money if you booked directly. With the cruise line, you'd get your money back.*

* Royal Caribbean does require cancelation of an excursion at least 24/48 (depending on the particular excursion) hours in advance for a refund.

I have recently discovered there is a potential downside to this. Atlantis considers their pre-booked Aquaventure passes to be non-refundable.

If the ship doesn't go to Nassau for some reason or even if you just changed your mind, you're out the money if you booked directly. With the cruise line, you'd get your money back.*

* Royal Caribbean does require cancelation of an excursion at least 24/48 (depending on the particular excursion) hours in advance for a refund.

We've missed a tender port with NCL and instead of a credit we stayed an extra port day in Nassau and ended up taking another tour. That is one of the pluses to booking with the cruise line. If something happens, you know some type of adjustment/refund will be made.

MARAPRINCE

We are still up in the air about which way to go ( appreciate all the advice!) but if we were to book thru Atlantis, does anybody know how much a taxi cost approximately to get there from the port? I ask because it looks like booking thru Atlantis is $135, booking thru the cruise line is $189.

We are still up in the air about which way to go ( appreciate all the advice!) but if we were to book thru Atlantis, does anybody know how much a taxi cost approximately to get there from the port? I ask because it looks like booking thru Atlantis is $135, booking thru the cruise line is $189.

Last time we too a taxi to Atlantis, it was $4 per person, each way.

If it's a hald day excursion it's not worth the $$$.

Some of the lines for the rides can take a while just to get on. I'd just walk around and enjoy the small island....your not missing much.