Is anyone booking for 2018 ?

Host Hattie

I made that mistake a few years ago when I booked on the first day.

A few months later, the prices dropped so much that it was cheaper to cancel, lose the deposit, and re-book.

We've still got a couple of trips to get out of the way before thinking about another.

Stewart

We have four booked at present plus a couple of other holidays, so don't want to commit ourselves to something then change our minds - which we are very prone to doing! We have lost a lot of money chopping and changing, so are waiting to see how we feel nearer the time.

Just me then! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm sure there will be others !

I'm still trying to decide about 2017. I have only booked early twice and both times prices only went up so it was a good decision. Mind you, that was in April for the following year not this early.

Edited by Host Hattie

I agree; it is too long to wait when booking so far out. But, we do it anyway. We get to choose the cabin we want and get future cruise OBC when booked on board the previous cruise. We enjoyed our August eastbound TA on the QM2 so much, we booked a westbound TA for 10 May 2018 while on board to get back the five hours that were stolen. ;) We were able to reserve a Deck 8 obstructed balcony between lifeboats with a view over the small lifeboat. There are only two such cabins on the ship and booking so early allowed us to get one of them. :) The other was already sold!

Happy with price, extras and got the cruise and cabin l preferred so booked today, luckily l never get upset about subsequent changes to pricing so no reason to delay.

With 3 cruises in the pipeline spread through 2016 and 2017 the long time to wait until 2018 element is also deminished.

Feeling happy.

M-AR

Certainly not booking for 2018! Slightly different for us, having taken a 4 year sabbatical from cruising. We have seen price drops of over £1000 after final payment both on P&0 and Celebrity, and our last cruise on Celebrity was a great disappointment. We sail next week on QE, a fairly short 7 day cruise to 'test the water', if we like it I have 2 cruises in mind for 2017, which we will book on board to get a bit more OBC!

And cabins are still available at this late stage. Just hoping the PG lives up to our expectations!

We have booked for 2018, said I would never book early again but 14nt roundtrip Transatlantic on QM2 for October at £1030pp with $105 obc pp seemed too good to miss and cannot see it dropping much or if at all and we have chosen dinner sitting and stateroom.

Happy with price, extras and got the cruise and cabin l preferred so booked today, luckily l never get upset about subsequent changes to pricing so no reason to delay.

With 3 cruises in the pipeline spread through 2016 and 2017 the long time to wait until 2018 element is also deminished.

Feeling happy.

M-AR

We have booked for 2018, said I would never book early again but 14nt roundtrip Transatlantic on QM2 for October at £1030pp with $105 obc pp seemed too good to miss and cannot see it dropping much or if at all and we have chosen dinner sitting and stateroom.

Good for you both, I'm starting to feel slightly jealous now !

Maybe I'll just have a quick browse .....

DH and I booked a January 2018 voyage. :) Never too early to have something pleasant to anticipate (and in the US, no problem to cancel---now 4 months before sailing, if this becomes necessary).

You are very lucky we have to hold our breath and hope on every cruise we book in the UK because even if we cancel week after booking and cruise is still 2 years away we will lose our deposit. At the moment they are doing an offer of 5% deposit but if you cancel you still have to pay and lose the normal 15% deposit.

You are very lucky we have to hold our breath and hope on every cruise we book in the UK because even if we cancel week after booking and cruise is still 2 years away we will lose our deposit. At the moment they are doing an offer of 5% deposit but if you cancel you still have to pay and lose the normal 15% deposit.

I do not understand why policies are so different for our two countries and agree we (Americans) are on the lucky side of things… Faced with your cancellation penalties, DH and I would book at the last minute, majortom10

We sail next week on QE, a fairly short 7 day cruise to 'test the water', if we like it I have 2 cruises in mind for 2017, which we will book on board to get a bit more OBC!

Just a reminder that to get the OBC by paying for a Future Cruise Credit, you don't have to book the cruise on board. You can just pay for the FCC and when you get home see if you can get the cruise cheaper through a TA.

And cabins are still available at this late stage. Just hoping the PG lives up to our expectations!

That's Cunard's own fault that all cabins are not yet sold. I have never seen such yo-yo prices as I have seen for this cruise!