Crystal Block

Occasionally I will see a post that references a "Crystal Block"... Never thought much of it, figured it was for those in the Pinnacle range. Just saw a post where a guy mentioned he got one for his 140 night....???? I have 164, should we have gotten one? Do I have to ask? Do I want to ask? We have a B2B starting in 2 weeks... will be Diamond plus after that... YEAH !!... anyway.. so what is the block thing??? Thanks

Occasionally I will see a post that references a "Crystal Block"... Never thought much of it, figured it was for those in the Pinnacle range. Just saw a post where a guy mentioned he got one for his 140 night....???? I have 164, should we have gotten one? Do I have to ask? Do I want to ask? We have a B2B starting in 2 weeks... will be Diamond plus after that... YEAH !!... anyway.. so what is the block thing??? Thanks

You should have gotten a block on the cruise on which you earned 140 points. Call C&A to get one shipped to you. Your next block comes at 210 points, and every 70 points thereafter.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Up to you.

IMGP0173.jpg?t=1267644824

We'll reach diamond plus on our cruise in March. Do they mail you your pins? I dont think we ever received our diamond pins.

That was the case with us. They mailed both the pins and luggage tags a few weeks after the cruise on which we earned the points for D+.

Thanks Bob! What luggage tags are you referring to?

The crappy plastic tags that say Diamond Plus that are supposed to be a permanent ID tag on your bags, but will break off after just a few uses.

You should have gotten a block on the cruise on which you earned 140 points. Call C&A to get one shipped to you. Your next block comes at 210 points, and every 70 points thereafter.

Hmmm, thanks Bob. I achieved 140 points while on board Radiance last fall, but never received the block. Called C & A not long ago and was told that no, you receive the block on the cruise AFTER it was earned and that I should stop in and "remind" the rep when I board Liberty (next month).

Now I'll be receiving a block commemorating being aboard Liberty OTS, a cruise that I have high hopes for, but whose reviews are less than stellar, rather than Radiance OTS, my favorite (tied w/Oasis class) class and design. No biggie, just makes me a bit :( sad.

Hmmm, thanks Bob. I achieved 140 points while on board Radiance last fall, but never received the block. Called C & A not long ago and was told that no, you receive the block on the cruise AFTER it was earned and that I should stop in and "remind" the rep when I board Liberty (next month).

Now I'll be receiving a block commemorating being aboard Liberty OTS, a cruise that I have high hopes for, but whose reviews are less than stellar, rather than Radiance OTS, my favorite (tied w/Oasis class) class and design. No biggie, just makes me a bit :( sad.

And they'll tell you on Liberty that you should have received it on your last cruise.

Hmmm, thanks Bob. I achieved 140 points while on board Radiance last fall, but never received the block. Called C & A not long ago and was told that no, you receive the block on the cruise AFTER it was earned and that I should stop in and "remind" the rep when I board Liberty (next month). ...

And they'll tell you on Liberty that you should have received it on your last cruise.

Correct, the folks on Liberty have no way to get you a Radiance block. I'd keep calling C&A until they tell you they will ship your Radiance block.

We just got a Brilliance block shipped to us because they were out of stock on Billiance two weeks ago.

OP here. Thanks for the info. I counted back, and we should have gotten our block on The Navigator.... well I am on the Navigator for our next 2 cruises... should I wait, or should I call?

Speak to the Loyalty Ambassador onboard, explain how you missed your block, and maybe they can give you your missing block.

DH and I just got our blocks on Harmony. I went to ask the Loyaly Ambassador about them, but since the desk was closed, someone from Guest Services was there instead of a LA. She had no idea what I was talking about...had never heard of a glass or crystal block. So don't ask Guest Services.

It turned out that I didn't need to ask, as the blocks were delivered the next evening. They are heavy! If you are expecting them, be sure to pack light, or save room in your carry-on.

:D Thank you so much caymancouple (for starting this thread), Bob and Ray (hey, weren't they a comedy team WAY BACK in the day?) for answering back to me.

I was apparently officially "blown off" by the C & A rep that I spoke with somewhat recently. Called them back as you suggested, Bob, and my Radiance of the Seas block has now been ordered and will be sent to my home. The same kind rep also confirmed that I could NOT have requested said block aboard my next sailing.

Hoping that this is the end of it and not just another "the check's in the mail" reply ... I'm trying to think positive!

DH and I just got our blocks on Harmony. I went to ask the Loyaly Ambassador about them, but since the desk was closed, someone from Guest Services was there instead of a LA. She had no idea what I was talking about...had never heard of a glass or crystal block. So don't ask Guest Services.

It turned out that I didn't need to ask, as the blocks were delivered the next evening. They are heavy! If you are expecting them, be sure to pack light, or save room in your carry-on.

Did you both get a block? If so you were lucky. They are only suppose to give out one per couple.

Did you both get a block? If so you were lucky. They are only suppose to give out one per couple.

Yes, we each got one because we were booked in different cabins. We booked 2 cabins, and while DS(8) and Grandma are always roommates...we always book DS in a cabin with a parent and then switch once we are onboard.

Grandma is D+, but has never gotten a block (or luggage tags or pins), and she should have 2 by now. We never got D luggage tags or pins (assuming they exist). Honestly, I wouldn't know about any of these things if not for CC. But it's not a big deal for us...nothing we would go back and ask for.

I became D+ in 2012, so I'm sure that my D+luggage tags will arrive any day now:rolleyes:

My first (140) block almost fell "in the crack". I had 19 cruises (old system) and 20 cruises was the threshold for a block; when they converted to the new system in 2011 everyone who had a cruise total of 19, 29, 39, etc got skipped over the new block thresholds of 140, 210, 280, etc (19 cruises became 143 new points). Based on comments here on CC, I paid a visit to the LA on my next cruise, and after confirming my story I was given a block (not sure what the official policy was, but I'm not complaining).

I do have a D+ pin- I think it was delivered to my cabin on the appropriate cruise.

And my DL drinks have always arrived, usually in a timely manner.

Nothing is perfect, but I'm more than satisfied:) I'll be enjoying the Oasis in 19 days.

Thom