My Experience with Travel Insured International

Tantsee

Just a little background... we have taken 30 cruises. Never bought trip cancellation insurance until we almost missed a cruise due to a weather-related flight delay (even with leaving a day early). Since then, we always buy it, but have never had to use it. I recently had to have an unplanned medical procedure and decided to follow my doctor's advice and cancel the cruise. I was a little intimidated about all the paperwork required, but finally took the plunge and got everything together (it took some time, but wasn't really all that bad). I e-mailed the claim forms, doctor's statement, and supporting documents to Travel Insured on Saturday, 3/25 so they likely didn't begin their process until Monday, 3/27. I envisioned months of requests for additional documents, clarification from the doctor, etc. On Wednesday 3/29, I received an email advising me that they issued a check for the full refund, including the travel agency's $100 cancellation fee, and that I should expect to receive the check in 5 to 7 business days. I received the check in the mail today, exactly 5 business days from when they opened the claim! I am beyond pleased with the service. I might add that I am a tad fussy, so I made sure that I followed all of their instructions to the letter, including handwriting our name and policy number legibly on EVERY page that I faxed. I would like to think that my efforts helped to settle the claim quickly, but maybe not. Maybe they are just that efficient! [emoji1]

Just a little background... we have taken 30 cruises. Never bought trip cancellation insurance until we almost missed a cruise due to a weather-related flight delay (even with leaving a day early). Since then, we always buy it, but have never had to use it. I recently had to have an unplanned medical procedure and decided to follow my doctor's advice and cancel the cruise. I was a little intimidated about all the paperwork required, but finally took the plunge and got everything together (it took some time, but wasn't really all that bad). I e-mailed the claim forms, doctor's statement, and supporting documents to Travel Insured on Saturday, 3/25 so they likely didn't begin their process until Monday, 3/27. I envisioned months of requests for additional documents, clarification from the doctor, etc. On Wednesday 3/29, I received an email advising me that they issued a check for the full refund, including the travel agency's $100 cancellation fee, and that I should expect to receive the check in 5 to 7 business days. I received the check in the mail today, exactly 5 business days from when they opened the claim! I am beyond pleased with the service. I might add that I am a tad fussy, so I made sure that I followed all of their instructions to the letter, including handwriting our name and policy number legibly on EVERY page that I faxed. I would like to think that my efforts helped to settle the claim quickly, but maybe not. Maybe they are just that efficient! [emoji1]

This was our experience, twice, almost exactly.

Well, not exactly, due to the fact that we had to chase down one document from a physician in both cases, but that was "our fault" and/or "the physician's" fault. (One involved a translation issue.)

All Travel Insured did was to read the documentation carefully, which is fair enough.

Shortly after they had all of the docs, including that last little elusive letter/signature each time, we got a phone call that the claim had been approved, and that they'd mail the check within a week.

Within less than 2 weeks, we had received the check and cashed it.

There were no unusual or inappropriate questions or stalling.

Because both of these were medical issues, we do think that having that waiver of the pre-existing condition exclusion helped to speed up the process, perhaps considerably.

After all, they didn't need to ferret through possibly vast amounts of prior medical records to see if the medical reason for the claim might have been related to some pre-existing condition. It wouldn't have mattered.

This was our experience, twice, almost exactly.

Well, not exactly, due to the fact that we had to chase down one document from a physician in both cases, but that was "our fault" and/or "the physician's" fault. (One involved a translation issue.)

All Travel Insured did was to read the documentation carefully, which is fair enough.

Shortly after they had all of the docs, including that last little elusive letter/signature each time, we got a phone call that the claim had been approved, and that they'd mail the check within a week.

Within less than 2 weeks, we had received the check and cashed it.

There were no unusual or inappropriate questions or stalling.

Because both of these were medical issues, we do think that having that waiver of the pre-existing condition exclusion helped to speed up the process, perhaps considerably.

After all, they didn't need to ferret through possibly vast amounts of prior medical records to see if the medical reason for the claim might have been related to some pre-existing condition. It wouldn't have mattered.

:confused: I'm disappointed Geezer. You're slacking off.

You didn't mention calling Steve or post a link to www.tripinsurancestore.com once. ;)

:confused: I'm disappointed Geezer. You're slacking off.

You didn't mention calling Steve or post a link to www.tripinsurancestore.com once. ;)

Uh oh.....

I must be slipping. :o

Just to be clear, we are giving Steve more business, not less, as we plan several major trips in the future. Fun!

He remains incredibly helpful with all of our "what if" queries, and he helped set us in the right direction with one of the big claims. We weren't at all sure if the [unusual, in our minds, anyway] situation would be covered. He made a call to Travel Insured, and then let us know which exact part of the policy covered those costs.

(Is this enough of a plug? I'll try harder in the future, okay? ;) )

DH has finally got the full fledged travel bug, so there is a lot to catch up with!

He'll never retire, I suspect, not fully. But if he wants to be online occasionaly on a ship balcony, or on a beach, etc., and he still gets truly relaxed, that's probably the best of both worlds for us. Me? I'm learning more and more about planning travel, maximizing award point use, and, yes, trying to keep up with any changes to travel insurance so we are covered for what we think. (And there are changes, thus far for the better. But that needn't be the case in the future, unfortunately.)

Did I mention I love planning vacations? I get the "3 for 1 Special": First, the planning; Second, the trip itself; and Third, the memories for years and years :D. (DH gets 2 and 1/2 of those, I think.)

Anyway, we are still relying upon Steve for our increasing needs for travel insurance.

Oh, we do also get the MedJetAssist from him, with the discount (AARP, is it?).

We came much too close to calling them 2 years ago, but I turned the corner just as we thought I'd need to change to a hospital near home. I must say, it was very nice to know we could have called them if it came to that... And we sure hope it never comes that close again!

Uh oh.....

I must be slipping. :o

Just to be clear, we are giving Steve more business, not less, as we plan several major trips in the future. Fun!

He remains incredibly helpful with all of our "what if" queries, and he helped set us in the right direction with one of the big claims. We weren't at all sure if the [unusual, in our minds, anyway] situation would be covered. He made a call to Travel Insured, and then let us know which exact part of the policy covered those costs.

(Is this enough of a plug? I'll try harder in the future, okay? ;) )

DH has finally got the full fledged travel bug, so there is a lot to catch up with!

He'll never retire, I suspect, not fully. But if he wants to be online occasionaly on a ship balcony, or on a beach, etc., and he still gets truly relaxed, that's probably the best of both worlds for us. Me? I'm learning more and more about planning travel, maximizing award point use, and, yes, trying to keep up with any changes to travel insurance so we are covered for what we think. (And there are changes, thus far for the better. But that needn't be the case in the future, unfortunately.)

Did I mention I love planning vacations? I get the "3 for 1 Special": First, the planning; Second, the trip itself; and Third, the memories for years and years :D. (DH gets 2 and 1/2 of those, I think.)

Anyway, we are still relying upon Steve for our increasing needs for travel insurance.

Oh, we do also get the MedJetAssist from him, with the discount (AARP, is it?).

We came much too close to calling them 2 years ago, but I turned the corner just as we thought I'd need to change to a hospital near home. I must say, it was very nice to know we could have called them if it came to that... And we sure hope it never comes that close again!

I just recently talked with Steve and he's hoping to meet you both:D

I just recently talked with Steve and he's hoping to meet you both:D

Yeah, that was a nice surprise about two weeks ago or so, when he mentioned that he and his family would be in our town after a trip sometime this summer.

It will be a bit strange to put a face/person to a voice after several years, but it will be really nice if we can meet. There aren't that many opportunities to really meet someone like that.

We hope that works out!

Thanks for letting us know your experience. We had a good experience with Travelinsured a couple of years ago when we submitted documents for medical expense reimbursement. All went smoothly there as well.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP, I'm really glad to hear such a positive experience with Travel Insured International. That's who Steve and his gals at TripInsuranceStore have been putting us with for the past several and upcoming cruises after we had a horrendous experience with TripMate through TravelSafe Insurance.