I'm going to try the TravelScoot Cruise Kit

mamasylvia

Sailing in ONE WEEK on Norwegian Pearl. I have a different scooter but really liked the tray idea in this TravelScoot kit, so I bought it. Of course, the front basket doesn't fit comfortably on my scooter but I didn't expect it to. I could make it fit using cable ties but I don't know that they would take the weight of a tray. So I'm going to try the front basket that fits my scooter (which I normally don't use because it interferes with folding/unfolding it but was going to take to Alaska anyway) and let the tray ride on that. Also taking the door stop and lanyard.

If anyone is interested, I'll come back and report how it worked. Carrying something I don't want to spill has always been a problem on my scooter so I'm hoping this will help!

I will take pictures but I haven't figured out how to post them yet. I don't use (or want) any of the picture posting site and the program I used to upload photos to my own site quit working. I may have to learn to use Filezilla or something similar - and I HATE learning new programs.

Sailing in ONE WEEK on Norwegian Pearl. I have a different scooter but really liked the tray idea in this TravelScoot kit, so I bought it. Of course, the front basket doesn't fit comfortably on my scooter but I didn't expect it to. I could make it fit using cable ties but I don't know that they would take the weight of a tray. So I'm going to try the front basket that fits my scooter (which I normally don't use because it interferes with folding/unfolding it but was going to take to Alaska anyway) and let the tray ride on that. Also taking the door stop and lanyard.

If anyone is interested, I'll come back and report how it worked. Carrying something I don't want to spill has always been a problem on my scooter so I'm hoping this will help!

So glad you posted this info. I was not aware of this new product and it looks really neat. I find it hard on cruises to get my food and the tray will be great. Also saw other items on the Travelscoot web site that I didn't know about. Never thought to check for new stuff so glad that you did.

Please report back and let us know how it all worked out.

I love looking at scooter accessories, that's how I found out about the travel battery I bought with my scooter. Also bought a drink holder and cell phone holder designed for the Triaxe - drink holder still doesn't work :( and I have NO idea what I did with the cell phone holder. (NO drink holder works on my scooter as far as I can tell - finally solved the problem with a Contigo West Loop travel mug from Amazon - really is spillproof so it travels in my bag and I pull it out and take a drink whenever I want - taking TWO to Alaska! lol)

• 3 weeks later...

I took the tray and doorstop to Alaska - and wound up not using either. The few times I ate in the buffet, I forgot to bring the tray along. (Dumb, I know!) I didn't bother trying to use it to carry items around the ship because the Pearl had a LOT of bumps all over the ship - drinks would have spilled and I would have worried about anything flying offf the tray.

I didn't try the doorstop because we won an upgrade to a suite with a really odd door configuration - an uncomfortably high bump between the ship hallway and a small hallway in the suite between the front door and the living room (probably this exists because the door to the 2nd bedroom and bath is on the wall) and then another uncomfortably high bump between the hallway and the living room. It was a battle every time to get the scooter over the bumps, sometimes I had to try 10-15 times before I managed to have the scooter properly centered and with enough oomph to make it over. (But the suite was so nice I'd do it again!) The living room door was left open, and I couldn't have reached the front door before going over the bump (and once I was over the bump, I didn't need the door held open any more).

I still have the tray, of course, and hopefully something will come up at home that will let me try using it. However, it did seem pretty stable resting on the little front basket that came with my scooter, I just figured I would have to be careful to not overload it and put the heavier items right over the basket instead of hanging over the edge.

I took the tray and doorstop to Alaska - and wound up not using either. The few times I ate in the buffet, I forgot to bring the tray along. (Dumb, I know!) I didn't bother trying to use it to carry items around the ship because the Pearl had a LOT of bumps all over the ship - drinks would have spilled and I would have worried about anything flying offf the tray.

I didn't try the doorstop because we won an upgrade to a suite with a really odd door configuration - an uncomfortably high bump between the ship hallway and a small hallway in the suite between the front door and the living room (probably this exists because the door to the 2nd bedroom and bath is on the wall) and then another uncomfortably high bump between the hallway and the living room. It was a battle every time to get the scooter over the bumps, sometimes I had to try 10-15 times before I managed to have the scooter properly centered and with enough oomph to make it over. (But the suite was so nice I'd do it again!) The living room door was left open, and I couldn't have reached the front door before going over the bump (and once I was over the bump, I didn't need the door held open any more).

I still have the tray, of course, and hopefully something will come up at home that will let me try using it. However, it did seem pretty stable resting on the little front basket that came with my scooter, I just figured I would have to be careful to not overload it and put the heavier items right over the basket instead of hanging over the edge.

Thanks for posting - I was wondering how you made out. The "suite" sounds really nice. Lucky you.

Thanks for posting - I was wondering how you made out. The "suite" sounds really nice. Lucky you.

Based on this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2456717&highlight=bid it appears that Mamasylvia bid on and upgraded to f a non-accesslbe suite on NCL . If the suite Mamasylvia did upgrade to was a non-accessilbe suite that information would be important to others on this forum.

Edited by xxoocruiser

I was astounded that we got the upgrade to a suite with my minimum bid. The minisuite I originally booked would have been tolerable but very cozy. With 4 adults in the room, the extra space and furniture of the suite made a big difference!