Have you used private tours on Hilo and Oahu?

kitegirl

I have booked MaryLous for a private tour on Hilo and also I have lined up on Oahu the Private Tours Hawaii.

Has anyone used either of them and if so were you happy? What did you enjoy the most and least?

Thanks for any advise you can share.

I have booked MaryLous for a private tour on Hilo and also I have lined up on Oahu the Private Tours Hawaii.

Has anyone used either of them and if so were you happy? What did you enjoy the most and least?

Have used Mary Lou's in both Hilo and Kona and was very pleased. There are probably many tours which will take you to see the same sites, but few will let you customize to some extent, or allow you to tour with only a handful of people vs a bus load. The best thing is that they are conducted by family only, and by the end of the tour, you feel like family.

Not familiar with the other company. A good place to see many reviews of tour companies is on Trip Advisor, a sister company of Cruise Critic.

Thanks for posting this. We rented a car in Hilo, but I like what I saw on the website for the tour in Hilo. It looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Private Tours, Hawaii LLC (there are two companies on Oahu with a similar name). We had Adam as out tour guide and we LOVED the tour, the day, the sights, the tastes! He was awesome.

As we had been to Oahu for land vacations every year in the 90's, I asked Adam to show us his island through the eyes of a local & he sure did (my husband and myself). We started out with eating malasadas off of Leonard's bakery food truck (yumm!!), followed by sharing a Dole pineapple ice cream cone with the local farm cats (that was my request, love their ice cream), a wonderful coffee in Hailewa while shopping for some of the local artisan goods there, watching the big big wave of the season coming in at Bonzai Pipeline and learning about some of the local surfers and their claim to fame, eating lunch at an amazing local shrimp farm, and macadamia nuts of course at a local farm. All this together with some of the most awesome scenery (and yes, some places we had not driven to before as we didn't know about them) and a darn fine tour guide who was incredibly personable made for an amazing day.

I need to go back. Sigh. :cool:

I have used Private Tours, Hawaii LLC (there are two companies on Oahu with a similar name). We had Adam as out tour guide and we LOVED the tour, the day, the sights, the tastes! He was awesome.

As we had been to Oahu for land vacations every year in the 90's, I asked Adam to show us his island through the eyes of a local & he sure did (my husband and myself). We started out with eating malasadas off of Leonard's bakery food truck (yumm!!), followed by sharing a Dole pineapple ice cream cone with the local farm cats (that was my request, love their ice cream), a wonderful coffee in Hailewa while shopping for some of the local artisan goods there, watching the big big wave of the season coming in at Bonzai Pipeline and learning about some of the local surfers and their claim to fame, eating lunch at an amazing local shrimp farm, and macadamia nuts of course at a local farm. All this together with some of the most awesome scenery (and yes, some places we had not driven to before as we didn't know about them) and a darn fine tour guide who was incredibly personable made for an amazing day.

Sounds like my kind of a day.

Is there a meeting place for private tours at Pier 2 Honolulu?

Can you tell me what type of vehicle you were in for your tour...

I have paid the deposit and cannot wait for our special day tour of the island.