could Cuba cruises be cancelled

YoHoHo

Unclear what parts of the new policy will remain.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/30/politics/trump-cuba-policy/ and others

Havana, Cuba (CNN)President Donald Trump is expected to roll back portions of the Obama opening with Cuba as early as June, according to a US government official involved in the review of current US policy toward the communist-run island.

That official, as well as other current and former administration officials and Cuba experts, expect an announcement from Trump soon that the United States would no longer make unilateral concessions to Cuba -- as critics accused the Obama administration of doing.

<snip>

And they believe the President will bar American companies from making deals with the Cuban military, which controls much of the state-run tourism industry.

Trump is not expected to reverse all of Obama's changes, which were seen as the most significant relaxation of tensions between the United States and Cuba since Fidel Castro's 1959 revolution.

Unclear what parts of the new policy will remain.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/30/politics/trump-cuba-policy/ and others

Havana, Cuba (CNN)President Donald Trump is expected to roll back portions of the Obama opening with Cuba as early as June, according to a US government official involved in the review of current US policy toward the communist-run island.

That official, as well as other current and former administration officials and Cuba experts, expect an announcement from Trump soon that the United States would no longer make unilateral concessions to Cuba -- as critics accused the Obama administration of doing.

<snip>

And they believe the President will bar American companies from making deals with the Cuban military, which controls much of the state-run tourism industry.

Trump is not expected to reverse all of Obama's changes, which were seen as the most significant relaxation of tensions between the United States and Cuba since Fidel Castro's 1959 revolution.

This article just says that they have no clue what or what not will be done if anything. I would think there will still be some sort of travel allowed. Probably more about big business and not the little guys like us. Hope so, since we are booked to go next year and are looking forward to this trip. Just have to wait and see.

Oceania cancelled out of Istanbul and Turkey in a heartbeat, much to the dismay of this and many other cruisers. So could they cancel Cuba? Absolutely.

What Cuba has in its favor is FDR that has been itching to personally return for years. Therefore, I'd only expect such a move under fire duress.

Obviously, none of us knows the future and cannot answer your question. But I'm flattered that you think some of us must have ESP. ;p

This article talked about businesses, not personal visits from private citizens. We'll all just have to wait and see. I'm sure O will work with us to figure out what to do if we can't visit Cuba. I'm booked to go in Dec., but am not worried.

Oceania cancelled out of Istanbul and Turkey in a heartbeat, much to the dismay of this and many other cruisers. So could they cancel Cuba? Absolutely.

What Cuba has in its favor is FDR that has been itching to personally return for years. Therefore, I'd only expect such a move under fire duress.

Turkey has been on the State Dept. travel warning list for a long time now. We are talking about bombings of tourist areas. Nothing like that in Cuba. Very safe there from everything I have heard. All about politics. That hopefully be worked out.

I am booked on a British isles cruise in August. Staying in London for 4 days after the cruise. I plan to go. I wouldn't cancel it. I live near New York City. I still go into the city. I am concerned and try to alert wherever I go.

I am booked on a British isles cruise in August. Staying in London for 4 days after the cruise. I plan to go. I wouldn't cancel it. I live near New York City. I still go into the city. I am concerned and try to alert wherever I go.

Different subject. Those of us who are booked on Cuba cruises later this year and into the future, and booked them specifically to visit Cuba, are concerned these will be cancelled or modified purely due to POLITICAL reasons, not threats of terror.

Different subject. Those of us who are booked on Cuba cruises later this year and into the future, and booked them specifically to visit Cuba, are concerned these will be cancelled or modified purely due to POLITICAL reasons, not threats of terror.

I think one of the last places in the world to worry about terror would be Cuba. I also feel that over the next few months enough of the political problems will be worked so as to allow these cruises to continue. Hope so.

I booked the Dec 1 sailing as soon as it came out. For first time ever I bought insurance within days of booking so I could do cancel for any reason in case Cuba gets cancelled. I have no desire to do a generic 7 day Caribean cruise. Cuba was the draw for me.

Yes, really safe when no one has any civil liberties. We prefer not to support totalitarianism. Anywhere.

In theory agree, but we go to Russia, China, Turkey and many other countries that could fit into your post. Just have to pick and choose how we feel about each place and how much we want to go there. Don't live in a perfect world.

I booked the Dec 1 sailing as soon as it came out. For first time ever I bought insurance within days of booking so I could do cancel for any reason in case Cuba gets cancelled. I have no desire to do a generic 7 day Caribean cruise. Cuba was the draw for me.

Good planning. I don't usually buy insurance that includes CFAR coverage but this is a perfect example of where it is useful.

We enjoyed our stay in Havana and learned a lot. Crumbling buildings and resilient and proud people. Hope the sailings continue and you get your visit.

I thought it was this Friday he was making his speech

I have read that he will be in Miami on Friday and the thinking is that he will talk of his Cuba policy then. I guess we will just have to wait until then to see. Or hear. :):)

I would be concerned about what could happen after final payment since a change of itinerary won't get you a refund and these cruises could eliminate all Cuba ports at any time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums