Riviera 12006 & 12008

Former Goalie

These are the only 2 cabins remaining in this category for the cruise we're interested in. I normally don't like booking cabins below public areas, because of noise. Anyone who has stayed in either of these cabins who would be able to comment on whether they are noisy, that would be appreciated.

Those are Oceania Suites on the pool deck level, but down the hall from the Culinary Center. I have stayed in Oceania Suites 4 times--3 times on that side and have yet to be bothered by noise from above, below, the Culinary Center or from the pool area. Wiks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Those are Oceania Suites on the pool deck level, but down the hall from the Culinary Center. I have stayed in Oceania Suites 4 times--3 times on that side and have yet to be bothered by noise from above, below, the Culinary Center or from the pool area. Wiks

+1

though I think that it is worth noting that the "public areas" which are above 12006 and 12008 are the Massage Rooms and their adjacent lobby/waiting room which are unlikely to generate any noisy foot traffic.

+1

though I think that it is worth noting that the "public areas" which are above 12006 and 12008 are the Massage Rooms and their adjacent lobby/waiting room which are unlikely to generate any noisy foot traffic.

Thanks for the replies. Agree that the public areas above 12006 and 12008 are not likely to have much foot traffic, moving of chairs and tables, etc. I would think the port cabins would be less likely to experience noise issues than starboard cabins, which are under the workout room. And, I have heard some people say there is some noise in the suites on deck 11 aft from the public area with chairs, tables and more foot traffic, above.

We also stayed in 12010 two years ago and are booked in 12007 this December on the Riviera. We didn't hear any noise at all and as mentioned above, this location is very convenient to the swimming pool, Waves and the Terrace. Plus, they're close to a bank of elevators for the other decks.

Mike

Thanks for the replies. Agree that the public areas above 12006 and 12008 are not likely to have much foot traffic, moving of chairs and tables, etc. I would think the port cabins would be less likely to experience noise issues than starboard cabins, which are under the workout room. And, I have heard some people say there is some noise in the suites on deck 11 aft from the public area with chairs, tables and more foot traffic, above.

I stayed in 12009 and there was no noise at all.

I am future booked in 12015 and don't get the same "warm fuzzy" about it. Should have tried further forward - but those were already booked (wonder why).

From all the reports I read there is no noise. I would have no problem staying there.