RCL platinum = MSC?

cowboygene

Don't know for sure about RCL platinum to MSC, but I am platinum with Princess and MSC gave me Gold Status as the equivalent for my first MSC Cruise. It's a simple form to fill out and then attach proof of status with other line. I received email back in a few days with my status update. Great perk!

Yep. Signing up for the status match is a breeze! We just submitted ours' a couple of days ago so hope to hear back soon. You can submit for multiple lines as well. We submitted our "Select" status with Celebrity and our "Gold" status on Carnival. Based on what others have said, my guess is we will get "Silver" on MSC which has some really nice perks!

Heya! Yep you'll get silver. I recently got MSC black from NCL platinum.

It was super easy and really fast! Works slightly different if you're in the US or U.K. but both are easy.

I've written about my experience with it here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/03/21/msc-status-match/

Hope that helps. It's definitely one of the best things about MSC. It's a great idea.

I do wonder if everybody will just end up with a status though... haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Heya! Yep you'll get silver. I recently got MSC black from NCL platinum.

It was super easy and really fast! Works slightly different if you're in the US or U.K. but both are easy.

I've written about my experience with it here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2017/03/21/msc-status-match/

Hope that helps. It's definitely one of the best things about MSC. It's a great idea.

I do wonder if everybody will just end up with a status though... haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder what I would get for being Platinum on Carnival. Anyone have any insight? I will be Platinum on NCL in January, so if I can't get Black with Carnival's Platinum I may wait until I reach that level with NCL since you can only do it once.

I just did this for myself and my wife.

I had my RCL Platinum Info handy so entered myself using RCL. My wife pulled her Princess Platinum so I entered her Princess number to status match.

I thought they would come back the same.

Mine came back silver and hers gold. I have not yet called to see if I can change using my Princess Platinum Card but will be.

My husband was Celebrity Select which is the same as Royal Platinum and he came back Gold.

I didn't do mine, after I'm Elite on Celebrity (next cruise) I'll status match mine for Black.

Carnival Platinum = MSC Gold

NCL Platinum = MSC Black

Hope this helps.

Bret

Thanks Bret, that helps a lot. For the sake of a few months I will wait until I become Platinum on NCL so that I can get the Black status with MSC. I don't have anything booked yet anyway and I DID see where you have to sail with them at least once every 3 years to keep up your status, so pushing it out is not a big deal. Thanks again.