Drink Package Upgrade

manime

So I have booked to go on the MSC Seaside and as part of the Aurea balcony I get the drinks package. Is there much of a difference between the standard and the deluxe premium type drink package? Is the ice cream and chocolate type cafes included in both or just the premium ? Thanks in advance for any replies.

So I have booked to go on the MSC Seaside and as part of the Aurea balcony I get the drinks package. Is there much of a difference between the standard and the deluxe premium type drink package? Is the ice cream and chocolate type cafes included in both or just the premium ? Thanks in advance for any replies.

Great question. We were wondering the same thing.

Great question. We were wondering the same thing.

The ice-cream( in a tub or cone) and most of the coffees are included in the All Inclusive package that comes with the Aurea

The main differences between the basic and premium, are

Premium includes

Better choice of wines ( basic has a choice of 2 x red; 2 x white; 2 x sparkling; 1 x rose ; 2 x dessert)

bottled beer included

premium spirits are included

Champagne by the glass included

Patisserie items are included

You can get an idea from this link to the complete 2016 Med bar list

anything with a RED asterisk is NOT on the basic package

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2413060&highlight=2016+med+bar

Pete

I booked MSC Musica Aurea (Adriatic). We do not plan to upgrade the drink package. If we wanted to get a drink that isn't included (such as one with the red asterisk on the amazing menu provided in an earlier post), do we have to pay for the entire drink, or the difference between a standard drink and the non-included drink?

Thanks!

The ice-cream( in a tub or cone) and most of the coffees are included in the All Inclusive package that comes with the Aurea

The main differences between the basic and premium, are

Premium includes

Better choice of wines ( basic has a choice of 2 x red; 2 x white; 2 x sparkling; 1 x rose ; 2 x dessert)

bottled beer included

premium spirits are included

Champagne by the glass included

Patisserie items are included

Pete

You forgot to list the mini-bar and room service items, Pete (though I know you added a link which probably shows these).

On Meraviglia, patisserie items are not included in the Deluxe (formerly known as premium) package. Nor are the fancy coffees and hot chocolates that are available in the cafe on the Fantasia class ships as they are now being served in the Jean-Philippe venue where, despite only one asterisk (no longer red, but black on most menus) against the items, are not included in any package. I can see them having to reprint the menus to include 2 asterisks.

Perhaps Seaside will be different if the patisserie and fancy coffee/hot chocolate items are not served in a franchised venue??

It's getting that it will be impossible to state what is included where with MSC having different offerings onboard different ships!

Phoned MSC today and upgraded to deluxe for a grand total of £84 for 2 adults. Thought being for an extra £42 each we can basically have what we like.

Can you be more specific about the upgrade you did? What package did you have, and what package did you upgrade to?

Can you be more specific about the upgrade you did? What package did you have, and what package did you upgrade to?

I had booked the Aurea balcony room which comes with the standard drink package ( not sure what it's called) and upgraded to the deluxe (again not sure what it's called) Not much help, just off an oil rig after 3 weeks and head is fried.

Do both passengers in a cabin need to upgrade, or can just one upgrade to the premium package?

Both have to upgrade.

We usually upgrade to the deluxe (premium) package even though DH is covered with the basic all-inclusive. While it seems unfair, I can see the reasons behind the policy.