Thank you CC Photo Board!

pierces

Thanks.

A simple word of thanks posted here for all of the many contributors, questioners, and lurkers who drop in on a regular or irregular basis.

I recently noticed that I am coming up on fifteen years as a CC member and I would guess that 95% or more of my posts have been on this photo board. Having browsed and contributed to most of the boards out there, I have to say that this is, by far, the friendliest I've seen. Nobody gets flamed or looked down upon for newbie questions. There is an honest attempt to help answer any question, even the ones where other boards would just have 28 "read the manual" replies. Nobody is shamed for posting photos that are less than technically perfect or shot with the "wrong" brand of camera. Good advice, constructive comments, encouragement, not-too-heated discussions, and some humor. There are occasional drop-ins that treat this like a regular photo board, but the occurrence is low and the persistence is lower. Maybe the general good nature of cruising types is to a troll like sunlight to a vampire?

Anyway, thanks to all of you (and of course, CC) for a decade and a half of a positive social networking experience on a subject near and dear to my heart.

Feel free to comment on your Photo Board experiences.

Dave

Thanks.

A simple word of thanks posted here for all of the many contributors, questioners, and lurkers who drop in on a regular or irregular basis.

I recently noticed that I am coming up on fifteen years as a CC member and I would guess that 95% or more of my posts have been on this photo board. Having browsed and contributed to most of the boards out there, I have to say that this is, by far, the friendliest I've seen. Nobody gets flamed or looked down upon for newbie questions. There is an honest attempt to help answer any question, even the ones where other boards would just have 28 "read the manual" replies. Nobody is shamed for posting photos that are less than technically perfect or shot with the "wrong" brand of camera. Good advice, constructive comments, encouragement, not-too-heated discussions, and some humor. There are occasional drop-ins that treat this like a regular photo board, but the occurrence is low and the persistence is lower. Maybe the general good nature of cruising types is to a troll like sunlight to a vampire?

Anyway, thanks to all of you (and of course, CC) for a decade and a half of a positive social networking experience on a subject near and dear to my heart.

Feel free to comment on your Photo Board experiences.

Dave

Thank YOU for sharing your pictures, which are beautiful (and in some cases, quite humorous), and for all of the help that you have happily given to many of us here so that we can improve on the quality of our own pictures.

I have to agree with everything you said and that is the reason I am a frequent visitor to the CC Photo Board. I don't always comment, but I just love seeing all of the pictures that you and others have shared over the years.

Holly (aka...pghsteelerfan)

• Administrators

Thank YOU for sharing your expertise with everyone, Dave! And thank you for your loyalty to, and kind words about, Cruise Critic!

Laura

I agree - I'll join in and throw out a thanks and appreciation of the friendliness of the photo boards, and CC in general. We have much in common - both being photography enthusiasts, cruise enthusiasts, and long-time Sony shooters - though you predate me here by a bit...I'm coming up on 13 years on these boards, with many also spent on the photography forums specifically.

Some other boards may be busier, but with the heavy traffic also comes all the trolling, the curt replies, short tempers, quick defenders, and other silliness that we rarely ever have to put up with here.

Thank all of you for being here and sharing your expertise! When I first joined I used a simple camera and took mediocre pictures. I even had to start a second Photobucket account last year, I think you folks introduced me to Photobucket to start with.

Now I use a much better camera (after upgrading almost yearly for about 10 years!) and take ok pictures!

I've moved 3 times since I first joined but you all are always here. If I am tired of the rain in Portland I can always come here and find something new to browse.

DSC03453_zpsqtpe0flm.jpg

Here's to the next 15 years Dave et al!

Vic

Edited by Victress2007

My first or second stop at CruiseCritic is always here - just to see what Dave is up to - and admire/envy his photographs.

Also to wonder why Justin can get such great photos with his Sony and 300mm lens and why I can't even get near his results!

Aloha and best wishes to all!

What I truly love about this site is besides Dave and Justin (Zakiedawg), is yall really care in answering our questions, I don't have alot of money so I try desperately to get only what I need and to use what I have to its full potential. Other sites just don't have time for me to explain what I wish to know. It is a plus of course I was using Sony when I joined so I can ask more detail questions.

John

I am a long time lurker on this section and want to second what Dave said as well as add my thanks for it is very enjoyable to peruse this section and see all the wonderful photos and the help offered. I do not post much, but have received much enjoyment, so offer my thanks to all participants especially Dave for keeping such a great section of the board going for so long.