Seaside Cabin - which would you choose?

Kizzabel

Good morning,

We currently have cabin 9071 (Aurea with whirlpool) booked but have the option to change to 10075, 12202 or 12207.

The reason I had enquired about changing was I was debating if we would be in a noisy location on deck 9 and whether the view would be nicer from the higher decks.

Thanks for any advice or insight.

Kiz

Sent from my SM-G920F using Forums mobile app

I look at deck plans & see what is below & above me. Generally the higher the better but I'm in an Aurea suite on Meraviglia & we are just under the bridge. I wouldn't have chose this cabin myself as I'm pretty certain, it will be completely in the shade but it was the last Aurea cabin left on that cruise date & at the time, I had to book that cruise! So again study the deck plans!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I look at deck plans & see what is below & above me. Generally the higher the better but I'm in an Aurea suite on Meraviglia & we are just under the bridge. I wouldn't have chose this cabin myself as I'm pretty certain, it will be completely in the shade but it was the last Aurea cabin left on that cruise date & at the time, I had to book that cruise! So again study the deck plans!

I've had a look and currently staying on deck 9 we would have a yoga area underneath us and are forward facing. I know it's all pie in the sky until it's further along in the building process but I'm still thinking we may be better being situated on a higher deck.

Hi Kizz,

I would definitely go with 12202 or 12207...they have sheltered balconies which will allow you to use the balcony while the ship is under way.

Do you think forward facing whirlpool balconies are going to be a big disadvantage as regards winds?

Ideally I'd have preferred deck 12 or higher from the start but was unsure whether forward or rear would be best.

Hi Kizz,

Believe me...the wind will be a huge factor on those forward suites. If the ship is under way you could be looking at a steady wind in excess of 30 mph. Not desirable weather while you are trying to enjoy a hot tub.

I would definitely look for an aft facing bump out due to wind. While the MSC video of the cabin wildly exaggerates the hot tub and balcony size the divider from the adjoining Fantastica Suite (totally missing from the video) might provide some visual protection, but I would keep to a higher deck cabin as those tubs will be less exposed to view from nearby balconies.

Hi Kizz,

Believe me...the wind will be a huge factor on those forward suites. If the ship is under way you could be looking at a steady wind in excess of 30 mph. Not desirable weather while you are trying to enjoy a hot tub.

Although there is a wind shield on the Meraviglia on the S3 suites on the front corners of the ship. I'll tell you what it's like next month!

Hi Kizz,

I have to disagree. I was on a similar balcony on NCL getaway that bumped out forward. I know it looks like the wind would be a huge issue but it really wasn't. Was there a breeze? Of course it's a moving ship...but we had no issues. We actually liked looking somewhat forward as well.