Apparently no more live music in the Chart Room on QV

deck chair

Hello

As one who has sailed twice on long voyages on the QV and who immensely enjoyed the live music in the Chart Room I am very disappointed there is no longer such music after the refit. I guess just not enough room for a piano. I am curious how my fellow Cunard passengers feel about this. Does anyone care?

Deck Chair.

How sad! Although there were often only a few people there, it was lovely to walk by the Chart Room after dinner and listen to the live music, and on some evenings we would linger there on our way to the Commodore Club especially if Hannah was playing her harp. One of my favorite things about QV was listening to the live music around the ship in the evenings - it was very special. I will miss the music in the Chart Room.

If one still wants a sort of 'Chart Room experience' with live music, then move to the new venue, where the former Chart Room musicians are now to be found performing. 'The Yacht Club', plenty of live music during pre dinner cocktails here.

At the end of the day, the new Chart Room is still the Cafe Carinthia renamed, where it is still possible to hear 'live back ground music' every evening from the piano below on deck 1, or the String Quartet who perform outside of the entrance to the Veranda Restaurant.

As we enjoy jazz, we have spent many evenings in the Chart Room after dinner. This will be sorely missed! Does anyone know if they still have jazz sessions anywhere?

The newly refreshed 'Winter Garden' and occasionally in the new Yacht Club. Check out a daily programme.

Nothing has changed re live music, only the venues. :)

Thank you Bell Boy. So pleased they still have the string quartet by the Verandah, and perhaps we can hope for some atmospheric Latin jazz on our trip to the Caribbean at the end of this year!

As others have said, you could easily hear the music from outside the verandah whilst sitting in the chart room. When we were getting off yesterday they looked to be moving the piano from what was Midships bar.

Hi

Thank you for the note....Do you know where they are moving the piano? Thank you.

Deck Chair