Navigator's Verandah

trvl_fanatic

Just switched our oceanview room (below a dining room) aboard the Magic to an Navigator's Verandah so that we can be across the hall from family that is also sailing with us.

Has anyone here been in one of these cabins? Heard it's a partially obstructed view, but figured if it was going to be the same price as an oceanview midship (between cabin decks instead of a public venue), it would be better.

First question--is it one of the partially obstructed (secret balcony) cabins or is it the standard Navigator's verandah? The secret balcony cabins now bill as a cat 7...they are a plexiglass balcony cabin. I've stayed in one on the Magic--the obstruction was quite minimal. I may not have even noticed it if I hadn't known to look for it.

The Navigator's verandah cabins are a different animal. They are sort of like an enclosed little room with a window that you can look out of. There are built in benches. They are really sort of fun...but not much like a balcony as you have relatively little view or air.

First question--is it one of the partially obstructed (secret balcony) cabins or is it the standard Navigator's verandah? The secret balcony cabins now bill as a cat 7...they are a plexiglass balcony cabin. I've stayed in one on the Magic--the obstruction was quite minimal. I may not have even noticed it if I hadn't known to look for it.

The Navigator's verandah cabins are a different animal. They are sort of like an enclosed little room with a window that you can look out of. There are built in benches. They are really sort of fun...but not much like a balcony as you have relatively little view or air.

Didn't realize there were "secret" balcony rooms. Do you know what cabin numbers there are?? I know we are category 7A on the seventh floor aft

[*]The secret balcony cabins on the Magic and Wonder are 6134' date=' 6634, 7120 and 7620. This is from before the big dry dock. I'm not aware of any changes, but one never knows!

[/list']

Still the same. I was lucky enough to get one for our 2018 WBTA.

the oceanview porthole rooms on the magic that are on deck 2 are great.

they have a nice big porthole that really brings a lot of light into the room.

did you have a lot of issues with noise on deck 2, from the restaurant on 3?

I've has an oceanview on deck 2 several times--no noise issues. The only area I'd avoid would be the cabins directly below the nightclubs. I've read complaints about those but never experienced any issues. Midship, port side you are below Guest Services, offices, and walking areas--no problems at all. I've also been midship, starboard side without problems (right near the midship elevators. Fathoms (formerly Rockin' Bar D) can get a little noisy...so I'd avoid cabins that are more forward and starboard side. The Edge was on deck 2 midship. The CMs were very good with making the kids aware that there would be consequences if they were disturbing guests in the area.

the room was directly under lumieres and no noise issues at all.

the only room i've ever had trouble with on the wonder/magic was on deck 8 which is right under the pool deck...

those were noisy in the middle of the night, though i was the only one who woke up from the noise...DH, DD and DS weren't bothered..

we were in 8030 and 8534....very noisy...

but on deck 2, under lumieres, there wasn't a noise problem.....i have to look up the cabin number, but it was directly under lumieres...no noise..