No air, no promos?

Cruise Junky

Hi. Are the O Life Promos only available if you take Oceania's air now or are there prices without air but with perks? We're looking at a cruise but already have our air.

Tx

We always take O Life and get our own air (with miles).

I haven't heard of any changes that would affect that.

I noticed recently that the website is saying the lower price shown is without perks or air. Wasn't sure if there was still a price in between. I don't think it's an option on the website but thanks for the reassurance that it's still available.

There is a "cruise only price" it has no air or O Life

then "O Life fare/ air" but you can still opt out of the air & get the air credit

Just be sure to read the right price column ;)

I noticed recently that the website is saying the lower price shown is without perks or air. Wasn't sure if there was still a price in between. I don't think it's an option on the website but thanks for the reassurance that it's still available.

It is true that the price for booking the Cruise with Olife but without Air isn't listed in the Fares Chart, but that option IS still available.....hence the "Request a Quote" button ;)

As I understand it there are essentially 3 pricing options:

1 Cruise only - no air, no O Life

2 O Life with air

3 O Life without air

Then within O Life, which includes free internet, one can choose one of several additional options (either beverage package or shore excursions or OBC)

As I understand it there are essentially 3 pricing options:

1 Cruise only - no air, no O Life

2 O Life with air

3 O Life without air

Then within O Life, which includes free internet, one can choose one of several additional options (either beverage package or shore excursions or OBC)

Good clear explanation Paulchili - That's the way it is in Australia, too. However the Australian O website shows only options 2 & 3 - you need to enquire for the the 'cruise only' fare.

... I don't think it's an option on the website but thanks for the reassurance that it's still available.
Yes it's still available on the O website.

Simply start a booking ... select your room category ... answer NO to the question do any guests need air ... prices will then revert to no air ... select your room ... choose from the list of complimentary amenities. Done.

Yes it's still available on the O website.

Simply start a booking ... select your room category ... answer NO to the question do any guests need air ... prices will then revert to no air ... select your room ... choose from the list of complimentary amenities. Done.

Got it, thanks. Looks like $450 pp for $400 OBC pp & free internet over the cruise only price.

Sure there's a choice. Take O Life and on next web page check that you do or don't need "air." "No air" price difference represents the air credit you'll get for DIY.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are getting O Life choice plus. No mention of air under that offer. It says free internet and choose one additional benefit from: house beverage select package, OBC or free excursions.

Are you in Europe?

We are getting O Life choice plus. No mention of air under that offer. It says free internet and choose one additional benefit from: house beverage select package, OBC or free excursions.

Usually included air is a given for North American bookings

unless otherwise stated

JMO

it is a good idea to include your Country in your profile here so you can get answers that are for your area

Different regions have different offers

Good clear explanation Paulchili - That's the way it is in Australia, too. However the Australian O website shows only options 2 & 3 - you need to enquire for the the 'cruise only' fare.

just curious about your view on the air inclusion. it seems to be way above the price I could book, not even close and they should have buying power.

no flaming, just asking.

just curious about your view on the air inclusion. it seems to be way above the price I could book, not even close and they should have buying power.

no flaming, just asking.

If you are comparing the "O Life" price on the first page of the website for that itinerary to the "cruise only" price on that same page, that "cruise only price is missing the value of both the air credit AND the O Life perk (based on the onboard credit option, divided by two to get the per person OBC instead of the per cabin OBC. Sounds complicated but it's not.

For example, if the O Life price (including air) is $5000/person including $1000 per cabin as the O Life OBC option (i.e., $500/ person) and the "cruise only" price is $4000/person, add back in to the "cruise only" price the value of the O Life OBC, which is $500/person. You now have a cost of $4500/person, which leaves you a $500 difference. That difference is the value of the air credit.

You can double check that formula by choosing the $5000 O Life price (which starts with air included on the first page of the web itinerary) select a cabin class and choose the check box on that next page for "no air." The cabin price will then show $4500 (I.e., the $500 air credit subtracted from the $5000 original cost). Then subtract the O Life $500/person (I.e., $1000/cabin) and you're at the $4000 "cruise only" price.

Make sense?

Most often that air credit will not be enough to buy the tix on your own (though occasionally it is). However, remember that you'll have to pay deviation and ticket price difference fees to get what you want and when (like arriving days earlier. And, if you are trying to upgrade with FF points, get points for the flight and/or buy "business class tix," IMO, take the air credit and DIY.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums