A Tale of 2 Cruises

cello44

Our recent Odyssey cruise was terrific. We loved our stewardess; all the other crew we met were cheerful and helpful and professional. The food was great. Our cabin was perfect. We enjoyed the ports. My only complaints were trivial: the long lunch break for the shuttle bus drivers, and the dreadful internet - those old enough to remember longed for the days of dial-up.

We met another couple whose description of their Odyssey experience surprised us. They complained of the strong odor coming from the new carpet; their unfriendly and unhappy stewardess; the poorly cleaned cabin; the new restaurant that had not opened as promised; the murky water in the pool; and other issues.

As you've perhaps guessed, we were on the same cruise.

I once posted here about a dreadful Silversea cruise, only to receive strong disagreement from fellow passengers who loved the same voyage.

I find it all interesting. I'm reminded once again how very difficult it is to run a business offering luxury services priced for near perfection.

Your post is a reminder how we can all walk away from anything with different experiences.

I often use a stewardess as an example of things that can vary and make each persons experience differently, or other factors such as where your room is located on the deck or an interaction with a crew member (good or bad) or a wide range of issues.

And even if we all had identical experience we would all see things differently.

I was on a Silversea cruise in January of 2016 and had a nice time and posted about it and someone on that cruise thought it was their worse luxury experience ever.

Henry has it right. The only opinion that matters is your very own and if we all thought the same way this would be a very boring world.

Keith