Naples Italy ship arrival 1:00pm/Embarkation Time?

trvlgirlmq

I tried a search but did not get any conclusive results.

The Bellissima has a port time of 1-6 pm on Mondays at Naples, Italy during it's inaugural season. If that is the port of embarkation/debarkation what times are you able to get on and off the ship? We booked because it was the closest port to Rome for easier flights and to spend time there after the cruise.

I know that the ship is barely built but thought maybe MSC has done this timing possibly and someone may be able to assist. These are the things that pop into my head when I can't sleep.

Thanks!

You are talking the spring of 2019 which is a bit ridiculous for several reasons. 1. The ship may not even be completed by that time and 2. Schedules may well change.

However, MSC has long had a reputation for truncated port times (not a good thing in Europe). Their proposed schedule does currently have a 1pm arrival and 8pm departure from Naples. This would mean that passengers would likely be able to disembark by about 1:20...assuming that the ship is actually docked at 1 and the immediately get out the gang plank. But if disembarking, you will have the usual luggage issue. If you carry your own luggage you might be off the ship by 1:30...but if you must wait for your luggage to be off loaded and sorted....it would likely be somewhat later before you could disembark. For North American passengers this would likely mean no chance of getting a same day flight home.

Hank

Thanks for the replies. I am not worried about flights since we will be spending several days in Rome after the cruise. Likewise, we have been to Naples so picking it as the start/end works for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app