Meraviglia - bookings soon to open!

panamapd

It's only allowing me to pre-book Viaggio, now, even though Sonor will have it's first outing while we're still onboard. We embark on June 16 and Sonor's 1st night is June 19. There wasn't a choice when I pre-booked (still isn't LOL) but, of the 2, Viaggio appealed more to us so we won't be disappointed if that's the one we're scheduled to attend. I'm just a bit peeved that MSC seems to be denying me a choice.

Me too, first impressions is I might like Viaggio better.

Is it one of the things I can check with YC concierge? To grab a spot on the second show for me [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Me too, first impressions is I might like Viaggio better.

Is it one of the things I can check with YC concierge? To grab a spot on the second show for me [emoji12]

One of the first things I'm planning to do is to discuss this with the concierge at embarkation! We're planning to dine in the YC restaurant on the Gala nights (I'm hoping there'll be better offerings on the new ship than I've experienced heretofore!) so we'll be booking the show and our 2 nights at Speciality restaurants around that.

We may even end up doing the second show as we have €400 OBC and, so far, we've only €315 tied up in excursions and the 'dinner with spectacle' but we're going to wait 'til we're onboard to make a decision about that.

I've received our etickets this morning and they don't indicate a particular show. The voucher just has a code:

Beamafar ......................8953-BKDWSP-GOURMET

Beamafar's DH .............8953-BKDWSP-GOURMET

BKDWSP = Booked Dinner With Spectacle

We've cruised from Marseille before, found it easier to go on the Eurostar and TGV, spending the day on the train rather than in airports :)

Hope you don't mind me asking, but can you fill us in on the whole Marseille Airport experience. I have read some frightful reviews of that place. We are flying in from the U.S. into Marseille next March, and then flying out of Marseille after our MSC Meraviglia cruise. What is the earliest time of day we should book our return flight after docking sometime around 8am? We do not want to worry about missing our flights home, and have not booked our flights yet. We're arriving a whole day earlier thankfully, but have to fly home the same day we disembark.

Hi Gatlinburg, sorry if my post wasn't too clear, I've not flown from Marseille, favouring to take the train from England instead, so I'm not really in a position to answer your questions I'm afraid. I was referring to preferring to take the train rather than fly to Paris and then to Marseille.

Looking at the map, I'd allow about 30-45 minutes to reach the airport via taxi. If your arrival is scheduled for 8am, allow a good couple of hours to get off the ship - in my experience we stay on the ship a little longer if we have a late flight. As MSC don't need to completely clear the ship like they do on American cruises there is a little more flexibility

I've received our etickets this morning and they don't indicate a particular show. The voucher just has a code:

Beamafar ......................8953-BKDWSP-GOURMET

Beamafar's DH .............8953-BKDWSP-GOURMET

BKDWSP = Booked Dinner With Spectacle

Have a great sailing!!!!

Can't wait to see the big reveal tonight live on the website!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have a great sailing!!!!

Can't wait to see the big reveal tonight live on the website!

Thanks, Priscilla - not too long to go for us now. I'm hoping NorwegianCruiser will post on here about the inaugural before we set sail. Also, the forum editor, Gina, will be reporting soon about her findings from over the last couple of days. I was very surprised at how few people posed questions for her to get answers to. It was mainly requests for pictures of cabins from some who aren't sailing for quite some time when, chances are, there should be plenty of reviews written well before their cruise date.

So ............10 hours 2 minutes before the live streaming.

Thanks, Priscilla - not too long to go for us now. I'm hoping NorwegianCruiser will post on here about the inaugural before we set sail. Also, the forum editor, Gina, will be reporting soon about her findings from over the last couple of days. I was very surprised at how few people posed questions for her to get answers to. It was mainly requests for pictures of cabins from some who aren't sailing for quite some time when, chances are, there should be plenty of reviews written well before their cruise date.

So ............10 hours 2 minutes before the live streaming.

Ah, I thought you were in the maiden voyage, got confused, lol

I watched the whole live streaming, Sophia Loren still got it at 83.

The one thing I'm curious about is the SPA! Wondering if those cute heated lounges and thermal pool will be included in the YC free SPA access or sold as part of some treatment/experience.

Not far for you now, enjoy your countdown and sailing :-)

Cheers,

Priscila

No, we're sailing on June 16th from Barcelona. The inaugural embarkation/disembarkation ports are difficult to access to/from Ireland so we decided it wasn't worth the hassle. Anyway, we booked what was supposed to be the inaugural the first day sales opened for Meraviglia. It's taught me a valuable lesson. I'll never again make a booking for a ship that hasn't even been built yet. Just look at the discussions around Seaside!

We didn't have a choice of cabin - it was on a guarantee basis, and while we're not unhappy with the cabin we've been allocated, I wouldn't have chosen the deck we're on.

I'll be checking out the spa (though I'm not really a spa person, but the thermal suite is included so, why not?) and will find out if the heated loungers and thermal pool are extra.

Greetings from the MSC Meraviglia in Le Havre:). The ship is awesome, simply stunning. We are enjoying the lovely weather at the One Pooldevk which is much larger than the Fantasia Class. The YC itself is of a bit dark decor and grey tones. Much less art and more minimalistic style. Everything is larger and bigger. The pool deck is fantastic with cabanas and sofas in addition to the usual Sun loungers.:) They served a great lunch outdoors today.Note only one whirlpool. The YC1 cabin is much larger than the ones on the Fantasia Class. They can be compared to the squarer YC1 cabins on the Fantasia Class. Very roomy. No bathtube, large shower. Grey tones and interiorcolours. Very large TV. The Galleria Meraviglia is amazing. Much more impressive than I thought.Ok, that's all, time to explore more 😀

Greetings from the MSC Meraviglia in Le Havre:). The ship is awesome, simply stunning. We are enjoying the lovely weather at the One Pooldevk which is much larger than the Fantasia Class. The YC itself is of a bit dark decor and grey tones. Much less art and more minimalistic style. Everything is larger and bigger. The pool deck is fantastic with cabanas and sofas in addition to the usual Sun loungers.:) They served a great lunch outdoors today.Note only one whirlpool. The YC1 cabin is much larger than the ones on the Fantasia Class. They can be compared to the squarer YC1 cabins on the Fantasia Class. Very roomy. No bathtube, large shower. Grey tones and interiorcolours. Very large TV. The Galleria Meraviglia is amazing. Much more impressive than I thought.Ok, that's all, time to explore more 😀

Thanks for checking in NorwegianCruiser - you must be very excited! She looks great, hoping for loads of pictures to come through!

Great to hear from you, NC - thanks so much for taking the time. It's sounding wonderful.

I, for one, am happy to hear that there's no tub, just a large shower. I've knee problems so climbing into the bath is a bit of an ordeal.

I've seen a couple of pictures of the finished Galleria - it looks amazing.

Looking forward to hearing some more. We'll see you on the 16th.

I've got a favour to ask: Can you keep your daily planners - I'd like to see when the Gala nights are on and which ports we'll be in on those days? TIA

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

PS It might be a good idea to start your own thread, even if it's not a 'review'. It'll be the first 'live from Meraviglia' one.

Definitely following this - sadly we aren't yacht club or even black card members but excited nonetheless. We have an aft balcony cabin booked for August and can't wait to see the ships interior

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just to let you know there are videos up on you tube of MAC Meraviglia. None in English yet.

But you don't need to understand to see the visuals.

I'm so excited now. I've been waiting so long. 😀

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Just to let you know there are videos up on you tube of MAC Meraviglia. None in English yet.

But you don't need to understand to see the visuals.

I'm so excited now. I've been waiting so long. ��⛴

Can you post a link? Apart from Ashling's video links, I haven't come across any posted today on youtube.

PS Just found a great one of balcony cabin 9213. Some very interesting innovations:

A USB point.

Touch controls for the lights.

Switches for 'Do Not Disturb' and 'Make up Room'.

I really don't like the bed beside the balcony! Also, the colour scheme and the 'strange' throw on the bed - not very attractive.

PPS Thanks, KIC!

Edited by Beamafar