Food,mocktails & menus

KiMnEvan

Deb to be honest the only reason I ordered this sandwich is for the onion rings and I'll explain. I asked the waitress could I get onion rings instead of fries with my fish. I didn't think it was an unreasonable request since onion rings are served with the Reuben. In all my cruises I have never asked for something that was not on the menu. I was told I couldn't have onion rings unless I ordered the sandwich so in my mind I was like they would rather waste a sandwich for onion rings...Well I want onion rings so if you must send the sandwich in order for me to get onion rings then ok.I didn't touch the sandwich but I will tell you this do you remember the commercial where's the beef? There was a few slices of thin meat. The Reuben's and pastrami sandwiches I am used to have a good amount of meat this one didn't.

Is this the Reuben? Not quite what I was expecting. How did it taste?

Room Service Menu/ pizza menu The pizza menu is the same as the Eataly pizza restaurant. We had the Bella experience and didn't use room service. We were full from the food we ate and the pizza was fine in the buffet.

fa_zpsrtqixpbt.png

faa_zpssabqj4m9.png

Deb to be honest the only reason I ordered this sandwich is for the onion rings and I'll explain. I asked the waitress could I get onion rings instead of fries with my fish. I didn't think it was an unreasonable request since onion rings are served with the Reuben. In all my cruises I have never asked for something that was not on the menu. I was told I couldn't have onion rings unless I ordered the sandwich so in my mind I was like they would rather waste a sandwich for onion rings...Well I want onion rings so if you must send the sandwich in order for me to get onion rings then ok.I didn't touch the sandwich but I will tell you this do you remember the commercial where's the beef? There was a few slices of thin meat. The Reuben's and pastrami sandwiches I am used to have a good amount of meat this one didn't.

Oh boy. I was hoping I was mistaken about that being the Reuben since I couldn't see any fillings at all. I was hoping to "lure" my husband away from the buffet on embarkation day with the thoughts of a Reuben at the Sports Bar, but I guess that is a no-go. Unless maybe we order 4 Reubens each and pile all the fillings into one sandwich lol.

Interesting that they won't let you substitute other sides when they are offered in that venue. I am sure many people want to do this every cruise and I am surprised they can't or won't accommodate this. Maybe Italians don't make substitutions at restaurants??? Just strange to me.

Your welcome! I wasn't going to share the pics because they were taken with my Old Note but I figured they were better than no pics at all lol!

Thanks for sharing these menus and your photos are great !

On the buffet there were some weird combinations like toppings like tuna & corn and not to say it wasn't good I just didn't try it. We stuck with the Margherita and Pepperoni. I love Italian Sausage and I didn't see that topping anywhere.

Thanks for all the pics and menus. Don't they have just a cheese and sausage pizza anywhere? I've heard how good the pizza is, but they all seem to have odd combinations of toppings.

lm9_zpsdkzhhriz.png

lm10_zpsxgrqw8k5.png

lm4_zpsodzqkm79.png

I cant seem to find the other part of the dessert menu but they had this dessert, carrot cake which was not like an American carrot cake but it was pretty good, ice cream and I cant remember the other dessert.

Can you please help me understand what are the things you pay for separately and what is included in the cruise price? Are all beverages, room service and some menu items for purchase?

All the food that I have posted is free. The food in the MDR, Buffet, Sports bar is included in the cruise fare. The drinks that I posted were included in the non alcoholic package that I purchased. I had the Bella experience that experience doesn't come with drink vouchers or complimentary room service. If your looking for more of an all inclusive experience I would suggest the Fantastica experience or better.

PS. The desserts in the case have a small fee as well as the Gelato,but the Gelato can be purchased with drink coupons.

Can you please help me understand what are the things you pay for separately and what is included in the cruise price? Are all beverages, room service and some menu items for purchase?

Thank you so much for your response. This helps me a lot. Two more questions. with your drink package was it a per day fee or did you get vouchers? Also, if I opted to not to the drink package would I have to pay for coffee and juice with breakfast? That is the part I am having a hard time deciphering. I am used to cruising where the alcoholic drinks and some non-alcoholic drinks such as sodas, smoothies, and milkshakes aren't included, but all others are. I noticed you had an 11 year old with you. We would be taking our 11 and 14 year old with us - are there lots of things to keep the kids busy? Thank you so much!

.............would I have to pay for coffee and juice with breakfast? That is the part I am having a hard time deciphering.

Coffee, tea, juices (flavoured water, more like!) and water are available free 24/7 in the self-service buffet and at breakfast in the main dining room.

The non alcoholic package I purchased before I cruised was for 18 vouchers and to be honest it was hard to use all them up between the two of us. We still have 2 vouchers left. We could use those vouchers anywhere and could use as many as you wanted daily. The ones that I purchased allowed me to use them in the buffet, MDR, and in all the bars, some coupons have restrictions where you can use them.

The coffee and juice is free in the MDR at breakfast. In the MDR there is only water, hot tea and coffee free at lunch and dinner. That's one thing I didn't care for. in all of our other cruises we were able to get tea, soda and lemonade in the MDR. This is a good time to use your vouchers for smoothies are frozen drinks. I would not waste a voucher for a soda or water. My 11yr old is a big coffee drinker and he thought the free coffee was good. In the buffet at breakfast there is various juices, coffees and teas free. In the buffet for lunch and dinner there is flavored water, coffees,teas and lemonade. Often the lemonade would be out and not replaced which I didn't understand I was on vacation so I wasn't going to cry over spilled lemonade lol.

This was my 11yr old son's 6th cruise. He has done 3 Disney,2 Carnival and this MSC. He was originally put in the kids club for his age and he really didn't like it. There were way too many little kids. He was able to move up with the big kids, but with the big kids comes some problems. The kids were older and with that comes older problems. They do allow them to come and go as they like but I am an overprotective parent. Means that I wouldn't allow him to come and go as he likes. So for him not to look like a baby we just agreed on times he would go and leave and I would meet him right in front of the kids club. Of all the cruises he enjoyed this kids club. I think it was because he felt like a big boy. They would play wii, cards, ps4, scavenger hunts, sports deck, and even went to the 4D theater. At night when they closed the club the kids would all go eat pizza at the buffet. He and some of the kids would swim in the solarium pool for hours. This was one of the least expensive cruises that we did and for him it was one of the most enjoyable. If you have any questions or if your kids have questions we would be happy to answer them.

Thank you so much for your response. This helps me a lot. Two more questions. with your drink package was it a per day fee or did you get vouchers? Also, if I opted to not to the drink package would I have to pay for coffee and juice with breakfast? That is the part I am having a hard time deciphering. I am used to cruising where the alcoholic drinks and some non-alcoholic drinks such as sodas, smoothies, and milkshakes aren't included, but all others are. I noticed you had an 11 year old with you. We would be taking our 11 and 14 year old with us - are there lots of things to keep the kids busy? Thank you so much!

All the food that I have posted is free. The food in the MDR, Buffet, Sports bar is included in the cruise fare. The drinks that I posted were included in the non alcoholic package that I purchased. I had the Bella experience that experience doesn't come with drink vouchers or complimentary room service. If your looking for more of an all inclusive experience I would suggest the Fantastica experience or better.

PS. The desserts in the case have a small fee as well as the Gelato,but the Gelato can be purchased with drink coupons.

They are actually charging extra for a shrimp cocktail as it appears on the menu. If so that is ridiculous