Why I'm So Excited About MSC Seaside

Spaniel Lover

This is right from the site for description of the grand suite, no disclaimers at all.

Grand Suite

• Spacious suites that come with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one bathtub, one shower), a balcony and a separate sitting area
  • Each suite is equipped with a queen bed* (bedroom 1), two single beds (bedroom 2), spacious wardrobes in each room and an additional pullman bed
  • Air conditioning, interactive LCD TV, telephone, mini bar and safe

This is right from the site for description of the grand suite, no disclaimers at all.

Sadly, different countries have different descriptions. The Australian site doesn't mention a 2nd...anything. :confused:

One thing that I did notices was....

"Size, layout and furniture may vary from that shown (within the same stateroom category)."

I don't have a dog in this fight (I didn't book a Grand Suite) but I can understand the frustration/confusion that people have over this.

It is incredible that no one from msc has confirmed or denied. My booked reservation for deck 11 corner grand suite says two bedrooms two baths. Why hasn't anyone actually got real confirmation here besides speculation?

Not only that, no one seems to really know anything. I guess all we can do is wait and see, and hope it's before final payment time.

Thanks for the video Jim! I've been looking forward to trying the Seaside, and was looking at doing the 2 room Super Family option as my wife and I'd be taking our kids, but I noticed that for our sailing, it was only $20 more for us to be in one of these SJ3 Suites with the whirpool tubs on the balcony. Now my wife and I will be able to hang out in the evenings in our own private hot tub on the deck while the kids sleep inside the room. Perfect!

Huh!!! No I am not aware, the description doesn't say that. Weird

Sorry! The corner suites only have 1 Bedroom & Bathroom. It does have a couch with a pull out double-bed. We just cancelled out Suite #11003 because we have 2 couples. NO way I am sleeping on a couch. We just rebooked to Balconies with the same amenities. MSC rep has notified my TA that they are aware of this snafu in the US and are trying to rectify it. Good Luck!

Sorry! The corner suites only have 1 Bedroom & Bathroom. It does have a couch with a pull out double-bed. We just cancelled out Suite #11003 because we have 2 couples. NO way I am sleeping on a couch. We just rebooked to Balconies with the same amenities. MSC rep has notified my TA that they are aware of this snafu in the US and are trying to rectify it. Good Luck!

Thanks for the heads up, I reached out to my contact in Miami, and they did confirm. They also let the web team know to get that changed on the site, but you know how that goes. Trying to figure out some options!

"It is incredible that no one from msc has confirmed or denied. My booked reservation for deck 11 corner grand suite says two bedrooms two baths. Why hasn't anyone actually got real confirmation here besides speculation?"

What part of MSC have confirmed what is posted in the renderings thread as fact is hard to understand ?

Well we decided to switch to the Suite with the tub on the balcony with the Aurea experience. Since this one comes with the drink package I guess it makes sense, and we still have more room for the kids, and the bath tub in the bathroom. Thanks to all of you for the help.

I booked Seaside for May 26th 2018 and am excited....BUT also nervous. Frankly, reviews for MSC are horrible. We'll see I guess....the ship looks too good to pass up, and the price is right. But......

I am reading great reviews of Divina out of Miami lately and am hoping that the service folks are getting transfers to Seaside.

I booked Seaside for May 26th 2018 and am excited....BUT also nervous. Frankly, reviews for MSC are horrible. We'll see I guess....the ship looks too good to pass up, and the price is right. But......

I felt the same way before we took out Divina cruise. But b/c of the massive price difference we tried it. It was a great cruise. Of course anyone can nitpick things they wish were different. I obviously don't know you, nor do I know what you would like or not but I noticed you have been on Princess and NCL as I have. So I can say this, if you liked those lines I really think you will enjoy MSC. We found the Divina to be very much like a Princess cruise. With that said the Seaside looks like it's being inspired by NCL...so I'm hoping the best of both worlds when I'm on the Seaside in March.

Ok so finally got it all figured out. We are booked May 12th in a SJ3 Suit cabin 13215 with the Aurea package. I am totally down with the hot tub on the balcony. Gonna be a looooong year!
Congrats! When I booked my Seaside cruise it was two years out. Been on a couple of cruises since then and now my countdown clock says only 231 more days (Until January 13th). Bob

OK, were are sold.

Have sailed 30 cruises and done three on NCL in a Haven ( H5) Courtyard Penthouse...have another H5 sailing in August 2017 on the Escape. We have been quite pleased with the Haven on NCL but their pricing has been increasing every year.

Just booked a Yacht Club Suite on the Seaside for May 12 , 2018 at about

$ 3,100 less than a Haven H5 on the Getaway comparing May 13 ,2018.

We received a MSC Match Black Card as we are NCL Platinum members so assume we will get 5% discount when final payment is due. Also booked with 10% cash back via one of the major rebate sites linked to a major travel agency . We are looking forward to a change !

OK, were are sold.

Have sailed 30 cruises and done three on NCL in a Haven ( H5) Courtyard Penthouse...have another H5 sailing in August 2017 on the Escape. We have been quite pleased with the Haven on NCL but their pricing has been increasing every year.

Just booked a Yacht Club Suite on the Seaside for May 12 , 2018 at about

$ 3,100 less than a Haven H5 on the Getaway comparing May 13 ,2018.

We received a MSC Match Black Card as we are NCL Platinum members so assume we will get 5% discount when final payment is due. Also booked with 10% cash back via one of the major rebate sites linked to a major travel agency . We are looking forward to a change !

Same sailing:) We got the 5% off I can see it on confirmation so you should be good to go.

Same sailing:) We got the 5% off I can see it on confirmation so you should be good to go.

Thanks !! I booked via Expedia with 10% cash back linked to ebates. Only $198 deposit to book. Just got MSC booking # and logged in on MSC webpage ( not easy to navigate via iPad). I see my reservation and in drop down I see " MSC Voyagers Club Area" once I hit that my Black Card with number is shown....so I guess the 5% kicks when final payment comes due next March.

Looking forward to trying MSC Yacht Club and service !

....so I guess the 5% kicks when final payment comes due next March

I would call and see if you can apply it now.

All I've paid is a deposit and my 5% (from silver membership) was calculated right from the start.

:cool:

I would call and see if you can apply it now.

All I've paid is a deposit and my 5% (from silver membership) was calculated right from the start.

Thanks !!!

Just called MSC and they put my Voyager Black # in the system but advised in order for the system to give the 5% discount to call our agent and have them call.

Callled Expedia , they put me on hold and got it done.

Just received a new confirm showing the discount .

With the 10% cash back from Ebates and $150 OBC with free wi-fi from Expedia...... we are happy campers .

All that money spent on Technology onboard the ships but cannot get their website sorted out!

Omg, that is so true, their website is completely jacked and why? I am booked on the Christmas sailing in December. I can't wait!

I'm an experienced cruiser with 40 cruises under my belt, and had pretty much decided that Norwegian Cruise Line was my line of choice. That is, until I found out about the MSC Seaside!

You see, the two things I really like about Norwegian Cruise Line were the Haven Spa Suites that have a romantic Jacuzzi-for-two inside the room... and a few ships with Deluxe Owner's Suites that have a private Jacuzzi on the balcony. But NCL prices have been steadily creeping up over the last couple of years. Two years ago, it was possible to book a Haven Spa Suite for about $5000 (per couple) but these days it's closer to $7000. And the Deluxe Owner's Suite runs somewhere in the neighborhood of $1600 per night... or more, of course, in the summer or during holidays.

MSC wasn't really on my radar screen until a friend alerted me that not only is MSC trying to make a play for American cruise passengers by offering some rock-bottom pricing these days... but also that the upcoming new flagship, MSC Seaside, has a relatively-affordable category of cabins that have whirlpool tubs out on the balcony. That really got my attention... so I spent some time learning all about the MSC Seaside, and quickly concluded that I absolutely must book a cruise on this ship!

I could type out the full story of all the interesting things I discovered about the MSC Seaside, including all about that very interesting cabin category featuring a private whirlpool tub on the balcony... but I thought it would be a lot more interesting if I made a video about it instead, using some artist renderings, computer video renderings, and the deck plans... all provided by MSC.

So, if you have about 13 minutes to learn what I find so fascinating about the MSC Seaside... take a look at this video:

6ZB6vvwlB90

Or, better yet, watch it in HD on YouTube by clicking this link:

Edited by KCCruisin'