How to get rid of my pvp

Cruisegirl6

Actually, that's a good question. I got my original PVP, which I still use to this day, back in 2000 on my very first Carnival cruise. I cruised several times on Carnival, but wanted to try other lines. From 2008 to 2013, I tried other lines and Carnival assigned me another PVP since I was MIA. Then, in 2015, my original PVP was on vacation when I booked, so they assigned another PVP.

So, how do I get rid of the 2 that were assigned that is not my original PVP? the other two still send me e-mails and make calls...

You can automatically send any unwanted emails to spam, just mark the offending email as "spam" (with yahoo it is on the bottom of your home page) and any additional emails from that particular sender will end up in your spam file...then just delete your spam file on a regular basis without opening the emails. For calls, assign the number from the pvp a name like "don't want" and when it pops up on your phone you can easily avoid answering the number.

Sure, it isn't automatic....but it does save you from having to look at the emails or answer the phone.

I was willing to pay any money to transfer the booking, I was willing to pay penalty and any other fees that would enable me to change the booking I simply wanted to avoid going through insurance wasting all their time and money since I wanted to go on another ship out of Florida, why waste their time and money I say? My PVP simply blew me off stated to go through insurance and then wished me luck and said goodbye, now perhaps you understand my situation more and why I want to get rid of him....my post really is about how to get rid of my PVP.....yes, others have told me their PVP has waived their penalty fee and allowed them to change their ship, mine didn't.....To run a good business is all about customer service satisfaction....Carnival does not deliver here.

..yes, others have told me their PVP has waived their penalty fee and allowed them to change their ship, mine didn't...

Please understand that a PVP doesn't have the authority to make this kind of decision. When a passenger makes a request that goes beyond what the cruise line policies allow, the request goes to a supervisor who more likely than not will reference the PVP to the aforementioned policies. Once again, you may be unhappy with your PVP's response to your situation but he did what he was authorized to do.

About "others" being allowed to change ships and dates by their PVP's, don't allow yourself to get outraged unnecessarily without knowing all the facts. First, there's a tendency to tell half truths or to misinform by other members here on Cruise Critic. Second, the conditions why someone was allowed to make changes may not apply to you. I would not be surprised if someone who was allowed to change ships or dates did so outside of penalty but they omitted that precious bit of information. Lastly, if someone was indeed allowed by Carnival to forego policies, that doesn't mean that they'll do it for everyone else. There may be exceptions for specific reasons which don't entitle you to expect the same.

I'm not a Carnival cheerleader (I haven't even sailed on them in the last 5 years, choosing other cruise lines instead), but I'm closely familiar with their policies and how requests like yours are handled. Believe me when I say that, based on what you wrote, your PVP didn't do anything wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The past Carnival cruises that I have taken, I had to call the day before final payment was due to remind him of the payment needed to be processed, he was not on top of things as he was in the past.

That's your responsibility, not theirs. Even if they have your credit card number on file, they still have to have the OK from you to process it.

Tapi, your right, some people don't tell the truth or stretch the truth then there are the trolls who just want to start trouble, and I gather this is what happened in my post, it sure makes all sense now to me.

I am just like you are, no Carnival cheerleader, in fact, after this last cruise on the Harmony and remembering my Allure trip three years ago and then thinking about all the Carnival cruises I took in between, I just don't know where my mind was, RC passes any Carnival ship in every way.....this experience lead me to go back to RC and be reminded of how better RC and Princess cruises really are compared to what you get on the Carnival ships. I am also considering that very gorgeous brand new Celebrity Edge that will come out late next year, now you need to google that, its a ship you never seen before truly AMAZING!

RWWolfer672- Princess, RC and even NCL calls me or sends me email the week before final payment is due and I never had a problem with Carnival until with this new PVP, again, I won't be using him again, in fact, I not sure when or if I go back to Carnival, this experience woke me up to see how much better other cruise lines are and made me realize all the things I lack going on a Carnival Cruise and what I get more on these other cruise lines....the old saying is right, you get what you pay for.

...after this last cruise on the Harmony and remembering my Allure trip three years ago and then thinking about all the Carnival cruises I took in between, I just don't know where my mind was, RC passes any Carnival ship in every way.....this experience lead me to go back to RC and be reminded of how better RC and Princess cruises really are compared to what you get on the Carnival ships. I am also considering that very gorgeous brand new Celebrity Edge that will come out late next year, now you need to google that, its a ship you never seen before truly AMAZING.

Your comment reminds me of our experience sailing on the Allure of the Seas. For many years prior to that, we had been sailing exclusively on Carnival, partly because of convenience, familiarity, budget considerations and loyalty after reaching Platinum level. But after a so so experience, we decided to switch gears and sailed on the Allure of the Seas. Long story short, it was like taking a bite off the forbidden fruit. Our eyes opened and we were just in awe at what we had been missing. It was simply an amazing cruise.

Ever since that experience, we've chosen to mix and match our subsequent cruises, trying new cruise lines and ships, and making an effort not to repeat the same cruise line twice in a row. We've absolutely loved this approach. Our next cruise is on Disney but we are going back to Royal (aboard the Anthem) after that. With all of that said, Carnival will always have a special place in my heart. Even though they are not our "go to" cruise line anymore, we've enjoyed our sailings on them and keep wonderful memories.

And about the Celebrity Edge, you don't have to tell me about it. I've been watching the Edge reveal video on YouTube over and over [emoji23]. Considering booking it for a future cruise as well!

Tapi, yes same here, always had a wonderful time on my carnival cruises and to this day remained friends of people we have met on them. I can't wait till the Edge comes out and here about everybody's experiences, its going to be very interesting/exciting. :D

It's not like you have to use a certain PVP. Just contact a different one. There was a PVP assigned to me. I didn't like her so I asked people for PVP recommendations and contacted a different PVP when I wanted to book. Now every time I book a Carnival cruise, I just contact the PVP I like even though there is another one technically assigned to me.

Use a TA.

Plus 1.

....with the understanding that you need to do the significant research necessary to find a TA who is a top seller for your preferred cruise line and well respected by his/her customers.

WHY?

When the poop hits the fan because of a disagreement with a cruise line policy/decision that disadvantages you, that TA (who may do a million dollars of annual bookings with them) has a far better chance of getting justice/exceptions/extras than will you (a "rounding error" in that cruise line's daily income).

As much as some folks "love my PVP," please remember that a PVP works for the cruise line and NOT for you. When "push comes to shove" over an issue, that PVP will (obviously) defer to his/her employer. Somewhat sadly, many folks flock to PVPs because they are too lazy to do the research necessary to find that excellent TA.

And that "keep control of my booking" argument for not using a TA is bogus. Again, who do you think is going to have more clout in a disagreement (or be able to share commissions with you (easily a four figure amount for "expensive cruises or cruise lines)?

I was willing to pay any money to transfer the booking, I was willing to pay penalty and any other fees that would enable me to change the booking I simply wanted to avoid going through insurance wasting all their time and money since I wanted to go on another ship out of Florida, why waste their time and money I say? My PVP simply blew me off stated to go through insurance and then wished me luck and said goodbye, now perhaps you understand my situation more and why I want to get rid of him....my post really is about how to get rid of my PVP.....yes, others have told me their PVP has waived their penalty fee and allowed them to change their ship, mine didn't.....To run a good business is all about customer service satisfaction....Carnival does not deliver here.

I think you might be confusing situations and/ or timelines here. If you do most any type of change to a reservation BEFORE final payment date, be it a change to another itinerary, another room or a name change, you will not loose out on any money already paid. The $50 per person change fee would apply and it is THIS fee that I've read numerous times that has been waived by PVPs.

Changing ships is another story. While possible at any time after booking, this always results in a "cancel and rebook" situation. If done BEFORE the final payment date, SOMETIMES people have had luck and had their deposit (which is the only part that, in writing you would not get reinbursed for) be transferred to the new booking on the new ship. This cannot be done AFTER the final payment date and all lines have very strict policies about what happens to your money once final payment date has passed. In your case being 5 weeks out you would loose out on a great chunk of money. This is policy. This is written on the cruise contact you "sign" (digitally) when you book. And this is something no Platinum, Diamond, Titanium, Stainless Steel, Kryptonium, Energon Cube, or Plutonium cruiser status can change. This is why you buy insurance. Which leads me to...

...You did PAY for your insurance, right?? I mean, you say you didn't want to waste their time and money with this. Why not????? This is exactly the situation why they are they for. You pay extra money for it. Why not use it when you need it?? This is like going to the doctor and not wanting to use your medical insurance so as to not waste their money.

Please, do explain how RCCL came through for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Just was trying to make things easier and less costly for everybody, but I did go through insurance and have to say I received the remaining refund in just 16 days.

Now I am also booked on the Elation for October 21 and tried leaving two messages yesterday and one today with that PVP and sent an email today asking him to contact me but nothing, he just is the worse, but I will call Monday if I don't hear from him and just speak to any customer service representative and cancel that cruise.

After cruising back on RC, it woke us up to all the things we are missing out on if we took the Carnival cruise, as a result, we will pay the penalty and cancel it and get the future credit (as we were told they will not give us a cash refund) as we booked up the Oasis of the Seas for October 29th. I am not sure whether I go back on Carnival but I have two years to use the credit, worse case, I just take a 5 night last minute cruise maybe next year just to use the money up. :confused:

Things happen for a reason and it ended up being a very positive thing for us.

This is kind of a ridiculous post. Just call customer service and say you want to change your PVP or as others have mentioned book it yourself online.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

For those of you who are saying just call Carnival and ask for a new PVP, I tried that...twice. I spoke with two different customer service reps. Both told me that we can't get a new PVP on our current booking. We have to wait until we book again. As often as we get different answers from different Carnival reps., when two of them actually give me the same answer, I pretty much take it as it is.

Our PVP kept refusing to answer our questions via email, which was more convenient for us. He would email me back just to tell me to call him. Why not just answer the question at that point? After playing phone tag several times, I gave up and dealt with their regular customer service.

I don't even know where to start with this. You honestly think that Carnival should have bent their rules for you because you are Platinum? Do you understand how pompous that makes you sound?

And how does one get to be Platinum without knowing the rules? You shouldn't have even thought about calling, because you should have known what the outcome would be. So why are you blaming this on the PVP?

And lastly, if you had insurance, and your reason for cancelling was covered, why is this even an issue? And why was it ever an issue? You got your money back.

You're not new to Cruise Critic. It shouldn't come as a surprise to you just how pompous some platinums can be (not to say the OP is pompous).

I see plenty of people on this forum who have been long-time cruisers, yet still ask questions. Sometimes people are unaware of some of the rules because certain situations don't always come up. There's nothing wrong with that. And lastly, the fact that her insurance covered the cancellation and she got her money back isn't necessarily the issue at hand in this thread. She's here asking how, if possible, she can change her PVP. The rest was just backstory.

For those of you who are saying just call Carnival and ask for a new PVP, I tried that...twice. I spoke with two different customer service reps. Both told me that we can't get a new PVP on our current booking. We have to wait until we book again. As often as we get different answers from different Carnival reps., when two of them actually give me the same answer, I pretty much take it as it is.

Our PVP kept refusing to answer our questions via email, which was more convenient for us. He would email me back just to tell me to call him. Why not just answer the question at that point? After playing phone tag several times, I gave up and dealt with their regular customer service.

You're not new to Cruise Critic. It shouldn't come as a surprise to you just how pompous some platinums can be (not to say the OP is pompous).

I see plenty of people on this forum who have been long-time cruisers, yet still ask questions. Sometimes people are unaware of some of the rules because certain situations don't always come up. There's nothing wrong with that. And lastly, the fact that her insurance covered the cancellation and she got her money back isn't necessarily the issue at hand in this thread. She's here asking how, if possible, she can change her PVP. The rest was just backstory.

If all the rest is backstory what was the need to post it in the first-place?

Why couldn't the Op just posted how do I get rid of my PVP?

Op must have thought it had some significance.

For instance when there is a thread about comparing Cruise Lines the OP simply states she hates NCL but doesnt give a back story because it's insignificant to her although in that instance most people would like to know and that pertinent info is significant if you are trying to decide which cruise line is better.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I wonder if the P.V.P.'s have coffee together and discuss how they can get rid of Clients whose expectations are no where close to reality.

It's got to be a challenging job, trying to explain policy to people who just won't listen, don't care, and look for a reason to be offended.

If all the rest is backstory what was the need to post it in the first-place?

Why couldn't the Op just posted how do I get rid of my PVP?

Op must have thought it had some significance.

For instance when there is a thread about comparing Cruise Lines the OP simply states she hates NCL but doesnt give a back story because it's insignificant to her although in that instance most people would like to know and that pertinent info is significant if you are trying to decide which cruise line is better.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Only she can tell us with certainty why she included the rest, but I think I understand why. She's here looking to change her PVP and simply included why she wants to. If she just asked straight up, "Can I change PVP's and how?" I can guarantee that others would ask her why she wants to. It's common for people to add a little more to explain why they're asking a particular question. It happens all of the time on here, this thread is no different. Heck, even when someone does ask a direct question looking for a direct answer, many of the replies usually end up coming from people who veer away from the question itself just to add their own 2 cents.

I wonder if the P.V.P.'s have coffee together and discuss how they can get rid of Clients whose expectations are no where close to reality.

It's got to be a challenging job, trying to explain policy to people who just won't listen, don't care, and look for a reason to be offended.

What about the times when we genuinely want to know about those policies, but can't get the PVP to do their job in order to find out? After all, they're there to better serve us, the passengers, more closely than Carnival customer service can. If they fail at that, then is it ok for us to expect more?