Cabin change on emerald princess

rockinmama07

Hi everyone, I'm new to posting, but not to cruising.

Does anyone know if it would cost me to change cabins, same deck, same category?

I got the cruise at a ridiculously low price, but I picked the cabin on the other side to all my friends. I've checked the princess site & it's still available.

I got an email from a cruise "helper" , but she says I would have to pay full price if I changed.

Would it be worth contacting the line directly, anyone done this. I really want to be on the other side if possible. Thanks

:cool::confused:

Hi

Once You might have been able to change at no cost,

would expect a handling fee,

if same grade etc would not expect lose of fare,

but you have to call Princess direct,

have had issues in the past when dealing with a TA,

wanted to make a change a to a flight Princess said no issue no fee

but my TA want £200 for doing it, wanted to cancel trip they said Ok

we keep your deposit, have never used a TA since,

yours Shogun

Here is the U.S. a T.A. can request a cabin change to the same category cabin without any additional charge. Some T.A.'s do have a change fee, mine does not charge one. If you booked with a T.A. just call them and request the change in cabin. If you booked with Princess directly call them.

Does anyone know if it would cost me to change cabins, same deck, same category?

I got the cruise at a ridiculously low price, but I picked the cabin on the other side to all my friends. I've checked the princess site & it's still available.

I got an email from a cruise "helper" , but she says I would have to pay full price if I changed.

Would it be worth contacting the line directly, anyone done this. I really want to be on the other side if possible. Thanks

I have done this a couple of times with no price change at all, everything stayed the same, category and deck, they just changed cabin numbers.

In the US, unless you have signed a contract with your TA agreeing to such things as charges for changes or cancelations, they cannot charge you. That doesn't say that they can't bury these notations in fine print, but I've never signed anything agreeing to work with a TA or agreeing to their terms other than what the cruise line imposes.

I have done this as well. Wanted to change from a standard balcony port side aft on Regal to a starboard side aft deluxe and guess what??? No charge upgrade. Just had to ask. Three weeks prior to sailing date and I'm sure elite status didn't hurt. Bottom line just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have done this as well. Wanted to change from a standard balcony port side aft on Regal to a starboard side aft deluxe and guess what??? No charge upgrade. Just had to ask. Three weeks prior to sailing date and I'm sure elite status didn't hurt. Bottom line just ask.

Sent from my iPhone using tForums

Elite status has nothing to do with it. You just got lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OP is not talking about an upgrade.

Elite status has nothing to do with it. You just got lucky.
Correct. Elite has nothing to do with choosing a cabin. It doesn't matter if you're new to Princess or have 1,000 days sailed. Anyone can change cabins at no extra charge as long as it's the same category.

All you can do is ask.

In my experience if you are going from same category no charge.

Not sure what a cruise helper is.

But if you booked through a TA you will need to go through them.

Usual fine print differences between US and UK. I have 3 cruises, booked early so far for 2017, so as to get an HC cabin, . To take advantage of a price drop from all of their launch prices Princess charged me £100 on each of them administration fee, it was deemed to be a cancellation and a rebooking. Their UK fine print also says there will be a £30 charge for any change such as the Op's cabin change. Seems like this started about last December. There's no point, I've found, in booking through a UK TA as their hands are tied to UK Princess rules regarding discounts. Oh well it's only money.:(

Edited by Ron the Rev

ASK! If you have a TA you have a great chance of the same rate. If you booked directly with Princess ASK. If they say, "NO" then wait 10 minutes and call back again. I have had different Princess reps say totally different things. The last time I wanted help from a Princess rep I got the big "NO" and then called back 10 minutes later and a different Princess rep said "YES!"

Thanks for all the replies, I rang princess and asked them, just wanted to go from starboard to Portside...they said because I got such an incredibly low price, no changes whatsoever. I di ask what was the difference going from one side to another, but they wouldn't budge, they said NO CHANGES.

oh well it was worth a try, just can't understand why not, I didn't want to downgrade or anything.

Without trying to offend anyone--- try again during the work week. Sometimes, the weekend crew at Princess is not as "empowered" as the work week crew. Also, bear in mind, you can call Princess six different times, and get six different answers.

If you have to, ask to speak to Customer Relations or the supervisory staff.

Thanks for all the replies, I rang princess and asked them, just wanted to go from starboard to Portside...they said because I got such an incredibly low price, no changes whatsoever. I di ask what was the difference going from one side to another, but they wouldn't budge, they said NO CHANGES.

oh well it was worth a try, just can't understand why not, I didn't want to downgrade or anything.

Call back again on Monday.

So if you paid more, they would move you? That makes no sense. The price you got on the cabin has nothing to do with it.

Take a little while and keep calling until they change it.

Definitely ring them again. There is no logical reason why they can't swap your cabin.

Call back again on Monday.

So if you paid more, they would move you? That makes no sense. The price you got on the cabin has nothing to do with it.

Take a little while and keep calling until they change it.

Maybe the rules for booking are different in Australia.

Maybe the rules for booking are different in Australia.

I've never had an issue moving cabins here in Australia.

In fact did it for our next cruise at the same time I took advantage of a price drop OBC increase. In my case it wasn't port to starboard but down a deck, same category just dropped one deck.

When I booked that deck was showing no vacancies, when the price changed there were some so did it all at once, no worries.

• 10 months later...

I've done it several times. In fact, on one cruise I changed twice when a better location opened up at no additional cost.