Legend Fun Times on Alaskan cruise

sgcass123

I'll be on the Legend's first sailing this year (4/28). I'd be happy to post the Funtimes when I get back. I always save them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

THANK YOU so much for offering! We are on the June 6th sailing and sooo excited! It is tough to have to wait so long for current reviews and feedback with the Alaska sailings.

If you happen to get a chance, one big question I have is does the Atlantis bar serve the Alchemy menu? I know there is no official Alchemy Bar on the Legend but I have been keeping up with the reviews and a couple of the new Australian sailings have mentioned loving all the martinis at the "Alchemy Bar". I have been digging around and I think they are talking about the Atlantis Bar. My husband and I are planning on purchasing Cheers either way but would be thrilled to hear we could order drinks from the Alchemy Bar menu.

Thanks again! :)

If you happen to get a chance, one big question I have is does the Atlantis bar serve the Alchemy menu? I know there is no official Alchemy Bar on the Legend but I have been keeping up with the reviews and a couple of the new Australian sailings have mentioned loving all the martinis at the "Alchemy Bar". I have been digging around and I think they are talking about the Atlantis Bar. My husband and I are planning on purchasing Cheers either way but would be thrilled to hear we could order drinks from the Alchemy Bar menu.

Thanks again! :)

I can answer this as we sailed last August, yes they served the alchemy menu. I didn't realize it wasn't listed as "Alchemy Bar".

I'll be on the Legend's first sailing this year (4/28). I'd be happy to post the Funtimes when I get back. I always save them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That would be much appreciated!! Sailing in August so very excited to take a look!!

"Cruise Tracy Arm" day... just be prepared by grabbing a great vantage point the whole day. It alone is an amazing experience. The front of the ship opens up, but it's cold and breezy there, especially as you approach the glacier. We moved around the whole day, sometimes inside sometimes outside with wind screen, and sometimes at front of the ship. It's one of those experiences, like the Grand Canyon (even better IMO) you just have to experience, no photos do it justice.

"Cruise Tracy Arm" day... just be prepared by grabbing a great vantage point the whole day. It alone is an amazing experience. The front of the ship opens up, but it's cold and breezy there, especially as you approach the glacier. We moved around the whole day, sometimes inside sometimes outside with wind screen, and sometimes at front of the ship. It's one of those experiences, like the Grand Canyon (even better IMO) you just have to experience, no photos do it justice.

Thanks so much. We are soo excited! Any great seating spots you recommend on the Legend that day?

Thanks for offering to post the Fun Times after your trip, Bakersdozen12! We are on the May 23rd sailing.

I'm also interested in any tips for the cruise - great places on the ship to watch the wildlife/glaciers, etc.

Does anyone know the prices at the Bonsai Sushi place? I found a menu, but no prices. I'm just wondering if it reasonable or really expensive.

Also, I've been told that there is an excursion that can only be purchased on the ship to get you up close and personal going through Glacier Bay. Can anyone give me details on this, please - description, cost, is it easily sold out, etc.?

Thanks!

Does anyone know the prices at the Bonsai Sushi place? I found a menu, but no prices. I'm just wondering if it reasonable or really expensive.

Individual pieces were $1.50, appetizers were $2(one was $4), rolls were either $5 or $7(depending on the roll), the bento box was $10, the ship for 2 was $22, and the desserts were $2.

These were the prices up until last month when Carnival removed the prices from the Bonsai Sushi menu on their website.

Edited by Tiger0613

• 3 weeks later...

We're sailing the 23rd too! I'm looking forward to the volunteer(s) sharing the Fun Times. I like to over plan and we are taking some first timers that aren't sure what to expect. Think it would really help!

I'll try my best to post the Funtimes daily. But if I can't, I will definitely post them as soon as we get back.

I cannot wait for this cruise and I'm so happy that it's almost here. Less than a week away and I just got my first call from the Upsell Fairy today. Upgraded from an interior w/ french doors on deck 4 to an extended balcony on deck 8 for $550 more. I couldn't afford a balcony when we booked, but for this amount, I said heck yes!!! Now I'm even more excited for this cruise! :D

Am excited to be leaving on the Legend on May 8th. This is our 3rd Carnival cruise our 1st to Alaska it is for our 44th wedding anniversary. We are arriving in Seattle on Sunday morning and spending day around Seattle sightseeing.

We are on the May 23 sailing as well. This will be John Heald's Blogger's Cruise. There are almost 500 bloggers signed up, so I'm guessing that the Funtimes schedule for this sailing will be somewhat altered from the standard schedule. The Main Lounge is the only venue large enough to accommodate the events for 500 bloggers, so I think you will see a different schedule. This is our first Blogger's Cruise, so I'm just guessing.

Also, I've been told that there is an excursion that can only be purchased on the ship to get you up close and personal going through Glacier Bay. Can anyone give me details on this, please - description, cost, is it easily sold out, etc.?

Thanks!

Hey we went on that excursion last June (at the beginning). We beyond enjoyed it. There was so much wildlife to see. We saw whales, many bald eagles, a brown bear. From what the guides said that is rare to see a brown one. We also got pretty close to the glacier and we saw it calf a few times. I can't remember the cost off hand but I want to says it was about 99 or 149 a person. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Am excited to be leaving on the Legend on May 8th. This is our 3rd Carnival cruise our 1st to Alaska it is for our 44th wedding anniversary. We are arriving in Seattle on Sunday morning and spending day around Seattle sightseeing.

How exciting- congrats on your wedding anniversary!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for offering to post the Fun Times after your trip, Bakersdozen12! We are on the May 23rd sailing.

I'm also interested in any tips for the cruise - great places on the ship to watch the wildlife/glaciers, etc.

Thanks!

We are on the Legend Alaska sailing on July 25. I booked the Tracy Arm excursion directly through Carnival by emailing them. I heard it sells out very quickly. You give them your booking number, names, stateroom number, sailing date and requested departure time. We requested 11:00 a.m. I got a confirming email back and I will go to guest services to pick up the tickets once on board.

Here's the email address: alaska_tracyarm@carnival.com

Bakersdozen12 or anyone else just getting off the Legend today...HOW WAS IT???!!! I can't wait to hear details on the first cruise to Alaska of the season!!! Did you make it into Tracy Arm?

My friend was on the Legend from Australia through the first Alaskan cruise. He said that they did not go into Tracy Arm due to ice.

Bakersdozen12 or anyone else just getting off the Legend today...HOW WAS IT???!!! I can't wait to hear details on the first cruise to Alaska of the season!!! Did you make it into Tracy Arm?

It was AMAZING!!! We had awesome weather for the whole cruise, albeit a little cold at times. We didn't make it to Tracy Arm, but Endicott Arm was gorgeous. I'll be writing a full trip review as soon as I can. I might start it tonight, but we'll see. We arrived home last night, but I ended up taking today off too because I'm dealing with some jet lag and also feeling a bit under the weather. I can't wait to write this review, though. I have lots of fantastic pictures to share.