WI-FI packages presale just announced this morning

CARNIVAL.COM; FLEETWIDE ROLLOUT EXPECTED BY MID-SUMMER MIAMI (May 3, 2017) – Carnival Cruise Line is now offering guests an opportunity to pre-purchase Wi-Fi packages on carnival.com prior to their cruise. The pre-purchase option is currently available on two ships – Carnival Vista and Carnival Fascination – with fleetwide rollout expected by mid-summer.

With this convenient new option, fully booked guests can select from Carnival’s popular social, value and premium Wi-Fi packages through the “manage my booking” tab on carnival.com. Guests must purchase an Internet package that covers the entire duration of their cruise when purchasing online. Daily packages are available for purchase once on board.

Wi-Fi is the latest amenity available through Carnival’s online pre-purchase system, which also includes steakhouse and Chef’s Table reservations, spa treatments, shore excursions, and beverage packages prior to departure on carnival.com.

Carnival’s social package is unique in the cruise industry and provides unlimited access to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Pinterest and other popular sites. The value plan includes unlimited access to the Web for checking email, sports scores, weather updates and a wide range of other applications, while the premium package provides the fastest available connection speed and allows access to some streaming video services.

Guests booked on Carnival Vista and Carnival Fascination may log into Manage My Cruise to pre-purchase these packages.

So glad this is optional! I want to get away from email and the Internet while on my cruise...except if I need to do an online airline check-in the final day at sea! I understand those who have young children at home and will choose it to "check in." As for me, I'll be enjoying my voyage not plugging away at some electronic device or another.

Does anyone know if you get a discount if you pre-book it for the whole week? In the past, once onboard, you could do the social pkg for $25 for 7 days (not sure if you still can since you can pre-order it now).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing this. I did a quick look on my booking on the Fascination in January. It's a 7-day trip. Here were the prices I found:

Social - $30.03

Value - $71.75

Premium - $119.00

I think those prices line up pretty well with what those packages would cost onboard.

So glad this is optional! I want to get away from email and the Internet while on my cruise...except if I need to do an online airline check-in the final day at sea! I understand those who have young children at home and will choose it to "check in." As for me, I'll be enjoying my voyage not plugging away at some electronic device or another.

Wifi has always been optional (or not even available depending on how far back we're talking).

I'm curious to know if there will be a discount on the package if prepurchased (like Cheers).

Why in the world would purchasing WiFi not be optional ??

Like all other packages involved in cruising, no one is going to require you to purchase something you are not interested in.

I just did a mock purchase for an upcoming Vista cruise. It is a nice option; however, I noticed it charged sales tax so I will wait until I board the ship and can purchase without tax.

If they offer a discount that could offset the sales tax.

It's available on the Glory for my July sailing. Prices for the 7-night sailing are Social-$4.29/day Value-$10.25/day and Premium $17.00/day.

[EDIT] -- Oops, I misspoke. There is a button for the Internet plan under the Fun Shops while I'm logged in to my booking, but when I try to add it to my cart I get an error message that it is "not available for this booking".

Thanks for sharing this. I did a quick look on my booking on the Fascination in January. It's a 7-day trip. Here were the prices I found:

Social - $30.03

Value - $71.75

Premium - $119.00

I think those prices line up pretty well with what those packages would cost onboard.

Yeah 119 is what I paid for premium on my 7-day freedom in Feb.

Wifi has always been optional (or not even available depending on how far back we're talking).

I'm curious to know if there will be a discount on the package if prepurchased (like Cheers).

It would be great if they did that especially since you have to purchase for the entire cruise (not just on a day to day basis like you can on-board). Pre-purchase of an internet package puts $$'s in CCL's bank account way ahead of the cruise so a 10-15% discount would be nice.

I will be curious to know if it will still be offered onboard for $25 for the week for the Social Package. It is funny. I paid with my handy dandy Allstate GC's tonight and saw this and clicked on it for our Dream cruise. Got the same error message as above but did notice the price difference. Hopefully it is still discounted on the ship! Happy Cruising!

Social was up to $30 two weeks ago. Connection good first three days. Horrible last few. Was easy to text boys at home through Facebook messenger.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I read this I thought there would be a catch like "Not available on Spirit or Legend sailings from Australia" so I looked into it further and first off turns out we have a "Fun Shop" page (not a great as the USA Funshop page but it is a start!) and on it is a tab for wifi packages! It says you can book them pre cruise but it has to be done via your travel agent or the guest care hotline... here is a screenshot:

62af863fb0e85f4d5736dcd639313949.jpg

And a link to the AU Funshops: https://www.carnival.com.au/fun-shops/wifi-packages#zrcvwaDD8oWtAV6y.97

As for prices it looks like it will be cheaper on board...

from an 18 day sailing on board prices:

dbc5e584b9b27715738611bb398e99a6.jpg

18 day sailing online price (Value pack) is $411 AUD .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Why in the world would purchasing WiFi not be optional ??

Like all other packages involved in cruising, no one is going to require you to purchase something you are not interested in.

Carnival could decide to offer "free wifi" and raise their fares. I'm not interested in swimming in the pools or using the waterslides, but I pay for them as part of my fare. Wifi could be similar in the future.

Carnival could decide to offer "free wifi" and raise their fares. I'm not interested in swimming in the pools or using the waterslides, but I pay for them as part of my fare. Wifi could be similar in the future.

Doubtful, but always possible.

But then you wouldn't be purchasing an option, it would just be part of the cost of cruising.

However, since there is a ton of $$ to be made on this by Carnival, I don't see that happening.