A Few Encore Questions (Haven't booked yet)

Hi All,

I have sailed Seabourn before on a variety of itineraries, but never the Encore. We always pick based on the itinerary, not the ship.

We are thinking of booking the Encore in December and had a few questions that some of you experts might have the answer to. I read most of the recent Encore threads, but didn't see these answers, so apologies if they have been answered recently.

1) Does Seabourn still do a signature excursion on the beach/tropical trips as we have seen in the past, like Caviar in the Surf or a beach BBQ? I don't see it mentioned on the online itinerary, which is why I wasn't sure.

2) Is it correct that there is no outdoor circular walking track on the Encore? I saw that mentioned in a previous thread.

3) We are looking at booking v5 rooms, probably on Deck 7, midship. Is there anything (or cabins) we should try to avoid or look out for when picking our cabins? Any reason not to pick something on Deck 7?

4) Does the ships still decorate for xmas and have those great cookie table displays? In the past those were some of our favorite things about spending the holidays on Seabourn.

5) Does anyone post the menus anywhere, from the different restaurants, or at least a sample of them?

Thank you for your help & time, it's been a bit since I've cruised on Seabourn and am out of practice, especially since the Encore is new!

Supatraveler. We join the Encore on Saturday for a two week Med cruise and will try to answer some of your questions. Although we love walking round the deck a walking track of reasonable length is not a feature we have found so far on Seabourn ships. I fear that there will not be such a facility on the Encore.

There is no circular walking track on deck 5 of Encore or any other Seabourn ship. They are "U" shaped walking areas that include the small pool at the stern and the one on Encore is narrower with lower ceilings- not good if the activity is popular with 150 more passengers than you have on the Odyssey class ships. There are shorter deck 9 (Ody class) and 10 (Encore) circular walking areas which take you by the sun loungers and the Sky Bar with its starboard side smoking section.

We did have a "beach" day in December on Encore with caviar and barbecue in UAE. The hospitality was OK although not what I have enjoyed on the Odyssey ships in the Caribbean and Asia, probably due to the dreary and unnatural feel of the place itself. Whether or not you have one is dependent on the itinerary.

We were on deck 7 on Encore and we were satisfied generally: bigger TV, longer couch and more cabin storage (good) and smaller closet, slightly narrower cabin and marginally shorter bathtub (bad). Also at the very front of deck 7, probably V1s, we saw that some cabins are shower only.

About Christmas, we found the minimalist style and limited amount of decorations at Seabourn Square and outside the MDR disappointing relative to the Odyssey class ships. But there were tables of cookies and ginger bread houses etc. Hopefully that will be rectified next year.

The menus are supplied in your cabin the evening before along with the Herald. Otherwise posters on CC who are on board sometimes will post them if requested.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Deck 9 on Odyssey Class and Deck 10 is a continuous loop. Just been on Sojourn and it was 90m per circuit (using tracker for 40 laps). Encore s a little larger. Assume 100m - was on Encore Dec and Jan. If you pick your times you can get a clear go and a good brisk walk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hahah, thank you all!

Is there anything to look out for in terms of booking a cabin on Deck 7? I'm getting excited!!

Apart from the smaller cabins (about 3 on either side at the front of deck 7) with shower only (no bath) and they are about 23sq.m I think compared to about 28sq.m.

This is why we have booked a specific suite on Deck 7.

We will be on Encore in June and before bringing my usual music equipment, I would like to know whether the sound on the television on Encore is as bad as on the the odyssey class ships and also can someone tell me whether there is an IPOD station? Thanks for your replies.

Is there any way to tell which excursions are offered in which port, online, without having to book first? Is it somewhere on the website that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Go to Seabourn's website, then scroll all the way down to the bottom...the part in black. Click on "excursions". That will take you to a place where you can select the particular cruise and port you are interested in. It doesn't list prices, but you can see the tours.

We are on the Encore in 4 weeks. When we go to our booking it lists all excursions with prices.You must pay in advance .We never pay in advance and after 9 Seaborun cruises we have never had any side trip booked.If you have OBC you can use it for side trips once you are on the ship.

Is there any way to tell which excursions are offered in which port, online, without having to book first? Is it somewhere on the website that I'm missing?

Thanks!

Based on your questions you might be looking at the 16 night holiday cruise over Christmas and new year's. Assuming so, that's the one I have booked, and they currently only have shore excursions listed for 2 days (including the post cruise transfer package) - both in NZ. So currently you aren't missing much. But they added the two port offerings just in the last week or two, so maybe more will pop up shortly. Although there are a fair number of days at sea and on remote islands, so there might not be as much to offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk