The Upsell Fairy Called!!!

I just got off the phone with Carnival! It is my first time ever getting a call like this. I was booked on an interior cabin on Deck 7 on Carnival Vista leaving this weekend from Miami, and was upgraded to a balcony on Deck 8, both in the middle of the ship. I originally paid $739/pp for this cruise and the upgrade cost us $390 total. What do you guys think??

Cool. Must be a way for Carnival to make a few bucks a week before. Most likely would not sell the balcony's out in time. Makes the customer happy and wanna cruise Carnival again too.

Good deal for you. Congrats

Edited by Drrandall
Misspelled

So happy you received an upsell! I am getting ready to go on a cruise at the end of June. I am booked in an interior on the 10th deck. Would love to get a upsell call. Every time the phone rings, I check the area code for ( 305 ). Is this the area code your upsell called from?

So, they called you, asking if you want to spend an extra $390? When you booked, why did you pick the cheapest room? I'm not understanding the excitement of having a sales person call you, to offer you to spend more money.

Dance when an upgrade is free. Otherwise, it's just a sales call.

We just received our second up sale offer. Both offers came by email, so make sure you read your Carnival email. The first was 2 years ago from an OV to a balcony on Lido via email and I promptly called them back and accepted the offer for $200 and surprised DH and DD with that cabin. Because of that we have booked other Lido cabins since. We love being either on Lido or not far from it. The second offer came just this week. DH got an email that said I was emailed and he was CC'd but I didn't get the email and because of that it seemed very sketchy! The email looked suspect the Rep's extension number was a different color in the email and it just seemed off. We thought for sure it was an email phishing scam. DH called the main Carnival line and explained and gave the rep's name from the email and they reassured him that he indeed works there and was making offers. He was transferred to his voicemail. As soon as I got home from work I called his number and extension and he answered. He said that his calls all day went unanswered and as people are getting home from work he is getting lots of call backs. I accepted the offer! It moved us from a balcony on Panorama to our first Suite on deck 7 for $420 total for the 3 of us. This cruise was already more than what we normally pay, as summer cruises always are. This cruise is an extension of Disney trip and the cruise is a total surprise to DD! We are so excited to surprise her. We have to decide when to tell her! The rep said that they were offering this because we are 6 weeks out from our cruise and the suites haven't sold to Carnival's liking. He said that they are offering this to some of their loyal, return customers.

So, they called you, asking if you want to spend an extra $390? When you booked, why did you pick the cheapest room? I'm not understanding the excitement of having a sales person call you, to offer you to spend more money.

I didn't pick the cheapest room, an interior cabin on Deck 7 is not the cheapest room. Let me break it down for you: The price difference from a standard interior to a standard balcony is at least $300/pp but on this sailing (being that it's Memorial Day weekend and so close to the sail date), it was $500/pp. You can see for yourself based on prices on carnival's site today for any Vista cruise leaving out of Miami. For two people, if we had paid regular price, we would have paid $1000 more to get a Balcony. We were upgraded to the balcony for $195/pp. So we saved $610 total with the offer they gave us. A savings like that is worth dancing for in my opinion and I did dance all over my living room after the phone call!

I didn't pick the cheapest room, an interior cabin on Deck 7 is not the cheapest room. Let me break it down for you: The price difference from a standard interior to a standard balcony is at least $300/pp but on this sailing (being that it's Memorial Day weekend and so close to the sail date), it was $500/pp. You can see for yourself based on prices on carnival's site today for any Vista cruise leaving out of Miami. For two people, if we had paid regular price, we would have paid $1000 more to get a Balcony. We were upgraded to the balcony for $195/pp. So we saved $610 total with the offer they gave us. A savings like that is worth dancing for in my opinion and I did dance all over my living room after the phone call!

Congrats, you're happy, it now fits your budget, that's what counts. Ignore the negativity. We went for an OV on a low deck to an ext AFT on deck 8 for Pride this weekend. My son was in an interior across from us, and go the same upgrade. $300 per room got both of us side by side on an AFT. We wouldn't have booked this up front, the prices would have been crazy. I'm afraid we'll be addicted to this one though.

Would Not take it But thank you for the Donation.

This is great marketing by CCL upsell a room to someone already booked and than turn around and resell the cheaper room to someone who might have been on the fence about booking the cruise cause the better room is too much money. Now they see the cheaper room pop up and bang winner winner chicken dinner.

This is absolutely correct.