First the Medallion, now it Tag(s)along, too

thinfool

Just don't select the tag-a long. It isn't new information, just a newer press release.

Obviously one of the ideas is to attract those that are welded to their smart devices. Personally it's great to walk around the ship unconnected, with very little to carry, phone in the safe. This is what I will continue to do, medallion in one pocket, coffee card in the other. If I want a drink I'll as the waiter for one just like I do now.

I understand Medallions. The tag along... Whatever. I'm not really interested in the "fun" they offer. I'm sure some will love it and play the games, etc. Kids will especially like it but I don't see that many kids on the crises we take. If it works for some and makes them happy then that's all to the good. It just sounds like a lot of marketing hooey to me though.

I do wish they would get some actual content going on the OCEAN site though so one can see what, exactly, can be input as preferences. I guess they have time as the first cruise isn't until November. All one can do is to "wait and see".

Just don't select the tag-a long. It isn't new information, just a newer press release.

I for one haven't seen any information on the tag-along before. It's kind of cool. I think people will have fun with it. Imagine if they expand it to be fully customizable.

Princess could even pre-load Cruise Critic members information with their avatar. :'):'):'):confused::confused::confused:

Not sure I really understand what this will mean to my shipboard experience. I am thinking the biggest effect will be much more difficulty in walking about the ships' public areas due to passengers standing still in the passageways while they are staring at some device.

Not sure I really understand what this will mean to my shipboard experience. I am thinking the biggest effect will be much more difficulty in walking about the ships' public areas due to passengers standing still in the passageways while they are staring at some device.

Ditto

Carnival Corp is joining the new era of communication and marketing and using Princess as the guinea pig. I understand the Medallion concept which is in use by other cruise lines as well as land based resorts. Tagalong is just one more step in that direction. It will be interesting to see what its final manifestation will be. Stay tuned.

Sounds like a totally uninspiring experience. Butterfish? Yea that is what I want to be! NOT! Hope there is a way to opt out of the tagalong.

Passed being a child over 30 years ago. Butterfish, really.

I don't have a smart phone, I use a flip phone. What will happen to PAX like me?

Probably consigned to the expired old fart group located in the bottom of the ship! ;p

Really, a flip phone, this would be like using a land line at home using a princess phone.

Probably consigned to the expired old fart group located in the bottom of the ship! ;p

Really, a flip phone, this would be like using a land line at home using a princess phone.

You made me laugh!! I just don't use a cell phone much. Maybe once a month it might get used.

I have zero interest in Tagalong. This and the medallion are driving me back to HAL.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The medallion will eventually roll out to every ship in the Carnival Corporation, so switching to another Carnival line will do you no good.

Try Celebrity maybe.

Funny - DH had a flip phone until a couple of months ago! We still have a land line because our community's security system works off of it. We do still have a princess phone, though not in use. The last time we used it was after an earthquake when power was out and cell phone lines were impossible due to the power problems and so many people trying to use them at once. After that experience, we kept it up on a shelf in the closet. Never know when we might need it again due to some natural or man-made disaster!

I understand Medallions. The tag along... Whatever. I'm not really interested in the "fun" they offer. I'm sure some will love it and play the games, etc. Kids will especially like it but I don't see that many kids on the crises we take. If it works for some and makes them happy then that's all to the good. It just sounds like a lot of marketing hooey to me though.

Love your typo, Thrak;p

Freudian slip??

Obviously one of the ideas is to attract those that are welded to their smart devices. Personally it's great to walk around the ship unconnected, with very little to carry, phone in the safe. This is what I will continue to do, medallion in one pocket, coffee card in the other. If I want a drink I'll as the waiter for one just like I do now.

I won't select tag-along either.

Hmm, I like to disconnect from the outside world/work/life pressures when on vacation. I put my phone in airplane mode and go!! I have a watch and don't need my phone really. My camera takes far superior photos anyway. I tell my husband it works magic on me because the photos we take are breathtaking [emoji4]

I won't interact with the app or tagalong I guess new marketing for the younger generation? Hope it works.... just hope it doesn't raise the price of cruising for something that is a dud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have a smart phone, I use a flip phone. What will happen to PAX like me?

You can still make a tag-along and also access all the Medallion stuff. The TV in your cabin will be replaced with an interactive TV and there are also a LOT of large access monitors all over the ship.

Hmm, I like to disconnect from the outside world/work/life pressures when on vacation. I put my phone in airplane mode and go!! I have a watch and don't need my phone really. My camera takes far superior photos anyway. I tell my husband it works magic on me because the photos we take are breathtaking [emoji4]

I won't interact with the app or tagalong I guess new marketing for the younger generation? Hope it works.... just hope it doesn't raise the price of cruising for something that is a dud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used to always just turn off the phones and stick them in the safe. However, the last few cruises I have used my phone as I can check my folio on it and can also make a customized list of items from the Patter that I want to remember.

As for the Medallion being for the younger generation: I'm 64 and will be 65 on our first Medallion cruise next March and I'm looking forward to trying it out. IF (and that may be a pretty big "if") it works as advertised there are things about it that I will really like. Numerous times I've left my stateroom and traveled down multiple decks and half way across the ship to look for my wife at the Nitters and Natters meeting only to find that she is no longer there and is actually on her way back to the cabin. With the Medallion I "should" be able to check from my cabin and verify she is still there and then have a spicy Bloody Mary waiting for me when I get to Crooner's to meet up with her. Additionally, in theory, all bartenders onboard will have the information that I want my Bloody Mary made extra spicy. Whether or not this actually works as advertised remains to be seen.