Breakaway to Bermuda Questions

wee-haggis

What time do they allow boarding ?

What time do the cabins typically become available ?

Is the Garden Buffet open immediately after boarding ?

Anyone been able to connect to the dockside wifi from the ship (as opposed to the ships own wifi) ?

If I do the Online Check In, can I bypass the counter and go straight to Security ? (just like airports)

Thanks again in advance . You guys have been great at answering my multitude of questions.:D

There is no free wifi in the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, and that would be true in most ports the ship will visit, including Bermuda.

If I have purchased the onboard wifi, can I access it in the Cruise Terminal ?

I read somewhere that there is wifi dockside in Bermuda but not sure if was available while on board. I also understand there is a fee for the 3 days docked.

The last time I was on the BA was 2 years ago and I wasn't able to connect to the Dockyard wifi from my balcony, but here is the info on that wifi:

Royal Naval Dockyard (Kings Wharf & Heritage Wharf)

Entire dockyard in Bermuda is now Wi-Fi enabled. Since February 2012, West End Development Corporation (WEDCO) has launched high speed wi-fi connectivity jointly with the telecom service provider TeleBermuda International (TBI). The high speed wi-fi is available through out the dockyard including Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf. So if you have a smart phone, Ipad or a laptop supporting wireless connectivity, you can now easily connect to the internet at the dockyard. The service is available for all including cruise ship passengers, crew, visitors to the dockyard and locals. Rates are 1hr=$3, 24hrs=$9.99, 72hrs=$14.99. There are monthly rates available as well. Once you connect to the wireless service, search for WiFiZone by TBi network and visit their page. You can then pay online with your credit card.

The last time I was on the BA was 2 years ago and I wasn't able to connect to the Dockyard wifi from my balcony, but here is the info on that wifi:

Royal Naval Dockyard (Kings Wharf & Heritage Wharf)

Entire dockyard in Bermuda is now Wi-Fi enabled. Since February 2012, West End Development Corporation (WEDCO) has launched high speed wi-fi connectivity jointly with the telecom service provider TeleBermuda International (TBI). The high speed wi-fi is available through out the dockyard including Kings Wharf and Heritage Wharf. So if you have a smart phone, Ipad or a laptop supporting wireless connectivity, you can now easily connect to the internet at the dockyard. The service is available for all including cruise ship passengers, crew, visitors to the dockyard and locals. Rates are 1hr=$3, 24hrs=$9.99, 72hrs=$14.99. There are monthly rates available as well. Once you connect to the wireless service, search for WiFiZone by TBi network and visit their page. You can then pay online with your credit card.

Thanks. Was your balcony on the same side as the dock ?

If I have purchased the onboard wifi, can I access it in the Cruise Terminal ?

I read somewhere that there is wifi dockside in Bermuda but not sure if was available while on board. I also understand there is a fee for the 3 days docked.

I haven't tried to access the onboard wifi while in the cruise terminal, but my guess is that you can't. My experience is that the signal isn't all that great in a lot of places on the ship itself, so trying to access in the cruise terminal with all that steel between you and the origin of the signal is not going to be very successful.

When I bought wifi at the Dockyard in the past I was able to get a connection, although it tended to fade in and out, on my balcony as long as it was a balcony on the side of the side adjacent to the dock. You can't get a signal on the opposite side.

What time do they allow boarding ? General Boarding around 11:30

What time do the cabins typically become available ? Usually around 1:00-1:30

Is the Garden Buffet open immediately after boarding ? The Buffet opens at 11:30. The MDR opens at noon.

Anyone been able to connect to the dockside wifi from the ship (as opposed to the ships own wifi) ? not very well unless you are outside facing the dock. And it is not free.

If I do the Online Check In, can I bypass the counter and go straight to Security ? (just like airports) Nope. Just like airports when you are international travel, you have to present yourself at checkin. You have to provide your passport and appropriate visas based on your nationality. You will have to complete a health questionnaire. You will have to provide a credit card or cash to pay for onboard expenses. You have to take a photograph for security.

Thanks again in advance . You guys have been great at answering my multitude of questions.:D

Have a great cruise.

We took this cruise in April. The Bermuda dockyard wi-fi is now free BUT the only place we could connect was on the benches outside the visitor's centre. There was always a crowd in the same spot looking for a seat or leaning on a tree. It is between the visitor centre and the ferry docks. We tried from our balcony on the dock side but not even close as expected. If you want to eat or have a drink at the Frog and Onion, you can use their wi-fi. The free wi-fi may be new so they may be going through growing pains. Maybe you will have better luck!