Men...What do you where to dinner in the MDR?

Husband's first time. I am sure I will need to tell him what to pack. What type of outfits did you wear in the main dining room? My last cruise everyone was in there so causal, I was actually surprised. I just want to give him some guidance. I usually where a sundress and I am good. Dress up on formal night.

Help me out.

Husband's first time. I am sure I will need to tell him what to pack. What type of outfits did you wear in the main dining room? My last cruise everyone was in there so causal, I was actually surprised. I just want to give him some guidance. I usually where a sundress and I am good. Dress up on formal night.

Help me out.

I always wear a pair of dress trousers and a short sleeved designer shirt,and for the 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise i now wear a long sleeve shirt with cufflinks​ and a tie.

I used to wear a suit and if you want lots of formal photos thats what you need but now after 44 cruise's i wear what i stated above.

I wear what I consider to be "business casual", nice slacks, button down shirt and dress shoes on non-elegant nights and on elegant nights I wear a business suit. Next cruise I'll actually bring my tux but it is the first time for that and only because it's a milestone anniversary for us.

Help me out.

Since I am the family packer, my husband wears shorts and a polo while I wear shorts and a cotton blouse on casual nights. On some cruises' Elegant Nights, he wears khakis and a button shirt and tie. He wears a suit on other cruises. (It depends on with whom we're sailing and if we want to take nice formal pictures.)

Tell him to wear whatever you're comfortable with and he is comfortable with. He isn't going to affect the flavor of his food or anyone else's based on his sartorial choices. My life partner and her mom make me dress up over my objections so I don't have a choice on elegant night and that consists of a dress shirt, slacks and sports jacket. The jacket/blazer suit is not necessary but I don't really like wearing true dress shirts without them, same way I don't like short sleeve dress shirts, just a personal thing for me.]

Polo or t-shirt without cuss words and shorts/jeans is fine most nights though.

I have to dress up for work, I don't like to on vacation.

Edited by stevefrisco

Business casual every night. Khaki pants and a polo shirt.

I used to do the suit and the wife did the gown thing, but since luggage costs money now and any more the majority of folks don't dress up that much we have given it up also. Elegant/Formal night used to mean something, free champagne and hors d'oeuvres, lobster, etc. Cruise lines are cutting back on their expenses so are we.

Regular nights: collared shirt, khakis, nice shoes

Elegant nights: long sleeve shirt, nicer pants, tie, nice shoes

DH wears almost the same. His shoes are Keen or Olukai leather walking shoes.

For CE night DH might wear a long sleeved shirt or a nice Hawaiian with Khakis. No tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Knee-length pressed shorts or khaki/linen long pants, polo or Caribbean-themed collared short-sleeve shirt and close-toed sandals on regular nights.

Light-color dress pants, white or solid color dress-shirt and close-toed sandals (shhh...I don't pack shoes on a cruise, I either wear my sandals or go barefoot) on elegant night.

i always wear a pair of dress trousers and a short sleeved designer shirt,and for the 2 formal nights on a 7 night cruise i now wear a long sleeve shirt with cufflinks​ and a tie.

I used to wear a suit and if you want lots of formal photos thats what you need but now after 44 cruise's i wear what i stated above.

^^^^^this^^^^^

In the interest of minimizing packing, I take 1 or 2 pairs of khaki Docker type pants, depending on length of cruise. I take enough golf shirts to cover the non elegant nights. I take a blue or white long sleeve dress shirt and a sport coat. If there are 2 elegant nights, I'll throw on the sport coat over one of the golf shirts on one of those nights. Yes, my pictures are always the same (we only buy 1 elegant night pic now) but DW always has on a different outfit. We're past caring but respectful enough to at least dress casual at a minimum.

One time my son wanted to wear jeans and I told him absolutely not. On the way to MDR 3 men in front of us were in denim overalls that looked dirty. After that my son could wear jeans except on elegant night.

[emoji44][emoji23][emoji15]