First Time Balcony Advice

MomJackson

We order coffee, juice, fresh fruit and pastries every morning from room service and enjoy it on the balcony. We then get dressed and have a late breakfast. Room service is our wake up knock

We order coffee, juice, fresh fruit and pastries every morning from room service and enjoy it on the balcony. We then get dressed and have a late breakfast. Room service is our wake up knock

This!!

For regular balconies, If you leave your light on at night people on either side can see your reflection in the glass. They may or may not complain depending how well you do whatever it is you're doing. I haven't been in a cove or aft balcony so no idea how those are laid out.

I found it incredibly relaxing and beautiful to sit out there late at night watching stars go by. Sometimes you see a passing ship all lit up and that's pretty cool too.

Enjoy but be careful and hold the door as it closes so it does t slam and disturb others. Also if you move the chairs, try picking them up instead of scooting them to avoid extra noise for your neighbors.

A glass of wine or a drink during sail-off from all ports is great. Also I invested in a pair of binoculars a while back and that has been well worth it.

Cheers and enjoy the cruise and yeas be careful balconies are addicting...we did it on cruise 2 and the past 12 have all been balconies/suites.

Do they mind if yippy are stumbling to the door lol? I have no idea if we'll sleep in or not betting vacation. I wonder what time we should order for...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Our first balcony was an AFT balcony, and I don't ever think we'll go back. The views at night are amazing...especially with some cocktails and a couple of light snacks. Seeing the ship leave port everyday from our balcony was a treat because you get to say farewell to a day of great adventure without having to share the view with anyone else. I liked ordering coffee and some pastries from room service to relax a bit before settling in for a busy day at port.

People mention breakfast, but for any meal I enjoy grabbing food from the Lido and taking it back to the balcony as well. I have fallen asleep on the balcony several times, sometimes if the wind is right you can hear the Lido deck music from the balcony, so you get a bit of entertainment without the crowd.

We have been loving the balcony ever since our first tried one. We enjoy room service 2 or 3 mornings while on cruise, enjoying relaxing on sea days in the mid afternoon and we love a glass of wine at sunset. You will LOVE LOVE LOVE your balcony. ENJOY![emoji131][emoji41]☀️[emoji286][emoji568][emoji223][emoji227][emoji228]

Our next cruise in January we will be trying the Aft balcony as we hear those one are extra relaxing. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our first balcony was an AFT balcony, and I don't ever think we'll go back. The views at night are amazing...especially with some cocktails and a couple of light snacks. Seeing the ship leave port everyday from our balcony was a treat because you get to say farewell to a day of great adventure without having to share the view with anyone else. I liked ordering coffee and some pastries from room service to relax a bit before settling in for a busy day at port.

I totally understand, being a fellow "aft snob"!:D

YES !!!!! And a glass of wine :wine-glass: during sail-away and/or watching the sun set.

Take a pair of binoculars ... never know what you might see :)

If you don't have a robe waiting in your room, ask your stateroom attendant for one each. It's nice to wrap up in if it's a little breezy and you can enjoy your balcony even longer. Remember that you each get to bring a bottle of wine/champagne in your carry on.

Have a great cruise!

All good points, I can only add, don't jump from the balcony ;-)

I've only done a cove once, but we'd do it again on a ship that has them. Next cruise is on Fantasy, so not many balconies, so we settled for OV.

Look for the flying fish too, although they are easier to spot from the lower decks.

Do they mind if yippy are stumbling to the door lol? I have no idea if we'll sleep in or not betting vacation. I wonder what time we should order for...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Whatever time you choose to be woken up. What does "yippy stumbling to the door" mean?

Enjoy sail away from your balcony, it's peaceful and beautiful.

Read out there on a sea day ir any day.

Sip champagne.

Sip coffee

Look at the stars at night, listen to the ocean. Enjoy your balcony.

It won't be your last.

Jonathan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

I have only one wish that would make balcony rooms perfect. And that would be an automatic timer that turns out the balcony lights every night at 9 pm and has it so that the lights cannot be turned on. In fact do away with the light on the balcony all together.

On my last cruise my neighbors had theirs on for most of the night. It kinda ruined sitting and watching the stars. Also the light shown in through the cracks in the curtain. I like the darkness at night to see the stars etc. I don't mind someone having it on if they want to read or something but keeping it on all nite is rude Imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be careful opening the doors. If you have the balcony door open and someone opens the cabin door there is a wind tunnel effect and things will blow around. I love balconies - breakfast on the balcony is a must. I also order room service lunch at least one time and spend a lot of time out there just relaxing and reading. Catch the sunrise and sunset from there.