Island Princess 2017 SB Alaska Formal Nights

SFSailaway

My daughter and I will be sailing on the Island Princess on June 28. I was wondering if there's anyone out there who has sailed on the Island Princess this year on its southbound Whittier to Vancouver Alaska itinerary who could tell me which night of the cruise the second formal night will be. I know traditionally the formal nights fall on day two and six on a seven-day cruise; however, our day six port is in Ketchikan with a 5:45 departure. Day five port is Juneau with a 4:00 departure. Have they moved the second formal night to day five Juneau because of the earlier departure or is it still on day six? I'd like to make an advanced reservation for Sabatini's for the second formal night so that my daughter and I can go to dinner in smart casual clothes instead of dressing up a second time. (We're hoping to save a little room in the luggage since we'll be packing bulkier, warmer clothes for this cruise;)) If anyone has sailed this itinerary this year, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks so much for any help you can give me!:)

I know traditionally the formal nights fall on day two and six on a seven-day cruise:)

Not a safe assumption at all. I have been on seven night Princess cruises with nearly every possible combination of formal nights other than night 1, night 7, or two consecutive nights.

Looking closely at your itinerary:

Day 2 Hubbard Glacier 3 PM - 8 PM

Day 3 Glacier Bay 9:15 AM - 7:30 PM

Day 4 Skagway 6:30 AM - 8:30 PM

Day 5 Juneau 6:30 AM - 4:00 PM

Day 6 Ketchikan 9:30 AM - 5:45 PM

..with no "true" sea day other than Day 7 the best predictor is process of elimination. Scratch off each of the latest departure times until two nights remain. Which means Day 3 and Day 5. (Which happened to be the formal nights on my last Eastern Caribbean cruise FWIW).

So until somebody just off Island posts to confirm, I would pencil in that reservation for Day 5. And be prepared for the first formal to be either Day 2 or 3 at the whim of the ship.

Thank you so much for your input, fishywood. Day five is what my gut was telling me, too. ;) Hopefully someone who's done this itinerary this season will weigh in with a definitive answer.

I'd like to make an advanced reservation for Sabatini's for the second formal night so that my daughter and I can go to dinner in smart casual clothes instead of dressing up a second time. (We're hoping to save a little room in the luggage since we'll be packing bulkier, warmer clothes for this cruise;))

Let me assure you that nice casual clothing will be tolerated in the DR on formal nights.

Check out how people are dressed after you cruise & let us know when you return.

Let me assure you that nice casual clothing will be tolerated in the DR on formal nights.

Check out how people are dressed after you cruise & let us know when you return.

Will do, floridalover5623:)

We just did the southbound on Island last week. Second formal night was Juneau.

Thank you so much, idahospud! That's exactly the info I needed. Hope you had a wonderful time on your cruise!:)