Internet on Breakaaway

emarismom

I will be on the BA for the June 11th sailing. My college son will have one final exam that can only be taken on Thursday June 15th from 6 am to 12 midnight. The test is timed and he will have 1 hour to take it. I do have the internet as one of my "perks", but I am worried that the connection will not be strong enough for him to complete the exam. We will be in port for 2 1/ days on that day. Should I plan on finding a location with free wifi for him to do the test or will the ship internet be sufficient?

BA's WiFi is strong enough, your 250 minutes is 1GB or 1,000 MB which actually will work out to be about 1,000 minutes. Just make sure there are no special settings needed to access the test server & have the laptop updated, disables background uploads and should be fine. Local WiFi pass sold at Dockyard is $15 for 3 days but weaker & won't reach upper decks, you will have more folks trying to log in from the waterfront or deck 8. Use BA and only pay for local WiFi pass as backup.

Screenshots from 2016 when we're there. fe3dd05d24d62a7dca0161ba466e692b.jpgc7b888013e2263082a09068f2bbf4470.jpg64911e3e2b1900e715b85c6239121da6.jpg

Just remembered to log off after each use to stop the usage & meter.

via Nexus 5X on Nougat 7.1.2 using Tapatalk, VPN secured.

Edited by mking8288

Thank you for the replies. I think the only thing required to access the test is to log in through his portal and to use LockDown Browser. I am not very tech savy so I will show him these posts and have him deal with it:D:p