Please help me choose a cabin on Divina!

karenlovesparis

This will be our 15th cruise but first on MSC. Please help me decide on what cabin and experience would be the best for husband and I. I am looking at cabin 11002 (S3) with the Aurea experience. This is a suite but no balcony and only panoramic windows. About $2700 with $150 in onboard credit and internet. I am also looking at the Yacht Club in cabin 16001 (YC1) with balcony but it's on the front. $3700 with $150 onboard credit with the yacht club experience. OR....a regular B3 Aurea cabin with balcony for $2300. I am torn. I want the larger suite but really want to have a balcony.

We do drink so would enjoy the drink package. I like small ships, my husband likes large. I think the Yacht Club experience would feel like a smaller ship to me.

Any advice? Thanks in advance!!

This will be our 15th cruise but first on MSC. Please help me decide on what cabin and experience would be the best for husband and I. I am looking at cabin 11002 (S3) with the Aurea experience. This is a suite but no balcony and only panoramic windows. About $2700 with $150 in onboard credit and internet. I am also looking at the Yacht Club in cabin 16001 (YC1) with balcony but it's on the front. $3700 with $150 onboard credit with the yacht club experience. OR....a regular B3 Aurea cabin with balcony for $2300. I am torn. I want the larger suite but really want to have a balcony.

We do drink so would enjoy the drink package. I like small ships, my husband likes large. I think the Yacht Club experience would feel like a smaller ship to me.

I've never felt like being on a smaller ship when in Yacht Club. The space everywhere is vast - from the One deck and pool & Top Sail Lounge to the beautiful, dedicated restaurant - and I've often wondered where all the YC guests are. It's very rare to see many people around - except when the Captain comes to meet everyone in the Top Sail Lounge. Then you're left wondering "Where did everyone come from"? Also, you do have access to the rest of the ship, so you're not confined to YC. Though a lot of people never feel the need to leave the enclave - you have to experience it to understand that.

The Yacht Club cabins aren't much bigger than a regular balcony cabin and with 16001 being at the front, you will have restricted vision as the hull comes up in front of the balcony and, when it's windy (which it will be when at sea) the balcony is unusable. I've had one of those cabins before and didn't care for it. But we had bad weather as it was late Winter in the Med!

If the balcony is more important to you than having a larger cabin, I'd opt for the B3 Aurea balcony cabin. If a more enhanced cruise experience is what you're after, I'd go for Yacht Club and take my chances with the balcony. Drinks are included in both categories.

The cabins mentioned all come with a drinks package (the YC bar menu has a better choice and includes your mini-bar), but in addition the Aurea experience comes with a complimentary massage.

The balcony on the forward facing YC cabin is not that usable when the ship is cruising as the wind generated by the forward motion is considerable. Furthermore the view downwards is poor as there is a metal section to the "windbreak" which obscures the view somewhat.

So if having a balcony is the deal breaker/maker then opt for the Aurea cabin .

Here is an image of what the YC balcony looks like. You can see that there is a safety rail which prevents access to a large area of the balcony.

msc-divina-bow-balcony-cabi.jpg

The difference in service levels between the Aurea and YC experiences, IMHO, is huge. In addition you never feel crowded in the YC which can't be said of the "steerage" area of the ship.

so the choice is:-

A) balcony is important go Aurea ($2300) and save yourself $1340

B) If you want a relaxed pampered cruise with the possibility of "small" ship feel go YC.

the other option Aurea suite with panoramic window is really a non starter going by your joint requirements.

although you get a lot more sq. ft. for only about $400 at the expense of no balcony or no high service level.

The OBC is essentially the same but you don't say whether you will get it with the Aurea balcony cabin, my guess is you could get some but maybe not $150.

Which ever you choose I wish you a great and memorable cruise

Pete

Yacht Club. Definitely.

When I was on the Divina in a Bella obstructed balcony, I was in envy of anyone in the Yacht Club. If you can afford that, go for it. They gave a much better space and more personalized attention. I think they have their own dining room. I'm sure no one in the Yacht Club ate my rock hard peas or super salty egg sauce pasta.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for all the input!! I think we are going for the Yacht club in a regular balcony on deck 15 or 16. I really want the exclusive area of the ship and husband wants a balcony so it's a win win!

Great decision! Deck 15's cabins are closest to the Top Sail Lounge - very convenient for early morning coffee or a late nightcap as well as the Concierge desk in the reception hall.

We sailed in 11297, an aft corner balcony port side. Huge balcony. Paid less than $700/pp for seven nights. Bought the 18 drink books for $86 pre-cruise including the tip. Great cabin and cruise. Ate dinner in Galaxy and it was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi karen,

I saw your post on the m&m thread. I did not want to respond there because I already had two unanswered posts and did not want to look like I was hogging the thread.

We are also booked in YC on the 30th...DW, myself and our good friend. I did not want to say too much on thread. Hopefully more people will be signing on as we get closer to sailing. Right now the thread is dead...lol. I think you and DH will love the YC, I know we will.

Talk soon, CGT

The YC now includes drinks anywhere on the ship, and your mini bar. There is nothing like the YC on any other mass cruise line. The Haven on NCL comes closest, but at twice the price.

Hi, is this true, about the drinks being included anywhere on the ship? We had heard it was just in the YC lounge? This would be great, as I am sure my teenage girls will want to spend time on other parts of the ship as well. (We sail on aug 12, in YC).

Thanks!

Hi, is this true, about the drinks being included anywhere on the ship? We had heard it was just in the YC lounge? This would be great, as I am sure my teenage girls will want to spend time on other parts of the ship as well. (We sail on aug 12, in YC).

Thanks!

It certainly is true.

It came into effect on 1st April this year

here is the official wording

yc.%202jpg.jpg