Mariner Lunch/Brunch Invitation

sue1898

No....... no computer yet. :(

My DH's computer techies are eager for me to get it. They always set up my new computers for me and they're excited I'm getting this one. I had DH check with them before I placed the order. :) You get yours, Carol?

BFF....... ? Beats me?? :confused:

Beautiful female friend?

Best female friend?

Boyfriend's friend?

:D

In August I'm taking my BFF to Alaska. Since we will be suite-mates will she be invited to the Mariner Lunch/Brunch also or will only I be invited since she has never sailed HAL before?

She won't miss much... Wasn't too impressed with the one on the Veendam in October. The menu was lousy - 2 entrees: quiche or salmon (overcooked salmon). I vote for going back to the free champ. toast and the cocktail party - even if it is in the afternoon.

At the luncheon, they don't really do anything special at all, they don't recognize anyone individually - there's no "recognition" part at all. The Captain just makes a short speech - really short. At least at the cocktail party they used to call up the 100+ days people and give them their awards. It was a lot nicer and much more personal.

Lydia

She won't miss much... Wasn't too impressed with the one on the Veendam in October. The menu was lousy - 2 entrees: quiche or salmon (overcooked salmon). I vote for going back to the free champ. toast and the cocktail party - even if it is in the afternoon.

At the luncheon, they don't really do anything special at all, they don't recognize anyone individually - there's no "recognition" part at all. The Captain just makes a short speech - really short. At least at the cocktail party they used to call up the 100+ days people and give them their awards. It was a lot nicer and much more personal.

Lydia

At our luncheon on the Noordam, all medallion holders were recognized and each new medallion recipient was called up to receive his/her medallion.

Terri

We are 50+ days along with our son 50 days+ as well. His wife has never sailed with HAL. Will she be given admittance to accompany us. Son is to receive his 50 day pin. Any thoughts?

your son's wife won't receive an invitation but she is certainly welcome to accompany him, especially if he is receiving a pin. even if there isn't a chair set up for her, i'm sure they will be more than willing to add a space for a significant other. :o

your son's wife won't receive an invitation but she is certainly welcome to accompany him, especially if he is receiving a pin. even if there isn't a chair set up for her, i'm sure they will be more than willing to add a space for a significant other. :o

At our Mariner's Brunch in January, they sent us and invitation, with an RSVP to go back to the front office. I don't really remember the actual wording, but I would think you could just add in your person to this, so they would know. At our brunch, they said 600 people came, so they split it over sea days.

And they also recognized all the Medallion people.

Chris

Zaandam, Jan 21 to Febr 5, 2009

Lydia

It varies quite a bit. Usually steak is offered. At our last one (Noordam) everyone receiving a medallion was was called up individually for a photo with the Captain, just like they used to do at the "parties". Done this way, I much prefer the brunch.

No....... no computer yet. :(

My DH's computer techies are eager for me to get it. They always set up my new computers for me and they're excited I'm getting this one. I had DH check with them before I placed the order. :) You get yours, Carol?

Sail, I just wanted to say that one of the Yummers has on board your new computer you ordered and I got to play with it a bit and I absolutely love it and when I get employed again I am going to buy one :)

MINE JUST ARRIVED and I am sooo excited. I LOVE it.

When I told my mailman what it was, he made me open the box to show him as he has heard about them and wants one. He grabbed a piece of paper from his bag to write down the model number he loved mine so much..... :)

My wonderful Acer will come with us to Eurodam.

MINE JUST ARRIVED and I am sooo excited. I LOVE it.

When I told my mailman what it was, he made me open the box to show him as he has heard about them and wants one. He grabbed a piece of paper from his bag to write down the model number he loved mine so much..... :)

My wonderful Acer will come with us to Eurodam.

That's what happened with my HP Mini on the Noordam. I had it with me one time when I went to the Front Office. It was quiet, so all the staff hovered around my computer, oohing and aahing! Same thing in the Explorations Cafe. The new Internet guy on the Noordam loved it.

These new mini computers are conversation starters.

I managed to figure out how to turn my new acer on, plug everything in, and it's busy charging. I got stumped at the trial of Macafee which I don't think I want so now I'm waiting for DH to come home and help or I'll have to call my tech guy. But, I love this little thing and the screen isn't too small at all.

Just off Eurodam and attended the Mariner's Brunch. My mother was on this sailing with us but it was her first HAL sailing so she did not accompany us. We did not have an RSVP nor was there any kind of list being checked at the door. Susan (the Cruise Director) and a few others asked where my Mother was and we said that this was her first HAL sailing. Our wine steward (Walter...who was also our steward at dinner) said that she should have come along anyhow because they do not check anything. If I would have known that they wouldn't have checked anything, I probably would have just brought her along rather than making her eat alone.

My two cents...I much rather enjoyed the champagne reception that we had on our last sailing in the Vista Lounge as opposed to the brunch. If I were someone who had many more days and were on a landmark sailing, I would have probably missed having the opportunity to be recognized in front of everyone. These folks have spend many many many dollars on HAL sailings and should have this recognition if they want it, but IMO this type of brunch takes this opportunity away from them. I just know that we were just amazed at the number of days that many of the passengers have sailed on HAL on our last sailing. What a wonderful loyalty...and I certainly understand why...and hope to be there myself sometime soon.

At our luncheon on the Noordam, all medallion holders were recognized and each new medallion recipient was called up to receive his/her medallion.

Terri

It varies quite a bit. Usually steak is offered. At our last one (Noordam) everyone receiving a medallion was was called up individually for a photo with the Captain, just like they used to do at the "parties". Done this way, I much prefer the brunch.

Maybe they got a lot of complaints, besides mine! I hope all the ships have improved their "luncheon". I let you know after I'm back from the Noordam in April.:rolleyes:

Lydia

Seattle done a stupid thing for our recent Noordam cruise: Cabinmates who were Mariners received invitations for different luncheons!

Scotty, Adele, Greg, Ruth, Mary Ellen, Richard, Ladybird and others who were over 100 days received invitations for luncheon at 11am, and those of us where under 100 days (Emily, Christopher, Judy, Koz, Myself) received invites for the 1pm luncheon!

Needless to say, most of us "sub-Mariners" crashed the 11am luncheon (and there was plenty of room) but it was rude and caused much confusion to send cabinmates different invitations - some folks didn't even attend the luncheon at all due to the different invitation times.

:(

Archived