accessible options Dominica?

Nanny8

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on accessible excursion ideas for Dominica? I won't be using a wheelchair but rather a knee scooter (broken foot). I won't be able to do the falls, the gorge etc. I was thinking of taking a taxi to the town and rolling around and then stopping to rest at a cafe or restaurant or park etc. I know the rain forest would be better but I looked at You tube videos' and I won't be able to get my scooter through the paths so that's out :(. Does anyone know if the streets/sidewalks are cobblestone or cement?

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on accessible excursion ideas for Dominica? I won't be using a wheelchair but rather a knee scooter (broken foot). I won't be able to do the falls, the gorge etc. I was thinking of taking a taxi to the town and rolling around and then stopping to rest at a cafe or restaurant or park etc. I know the rain forest would be better but I looked at You tube videos' and I won't be able to get my scooter through the paths so that's out :(. Does anyone know if the streets/sidewalks are cobblestone or cement?

Thanks

Three years ago, after knee surgery, I was in the same situation but rather trolling round the town, we took a whale watching tour. They even had headphones for an excellent commentary, but also to "hear" the wales.

If of interest.

http://www.anchoragehotel.dm/whalewatching.html

• 8 months later...
They will arrange a pickup from the port, for you and all of your party. :)

It's only listed on their website as certain days for afternoons only. Did they accommodate your request based on the cruise ship docking days/time or were you there on one of the 3 days i.e. Wed, Sat or Sun? Thinking of contacting them but we're not there on any of those days, so wondered if it was worth it?

• 4 weeks later...