Almaplena: how hard is it to find the correct taxi?

AlexandNessa

Do as anabanaza did. But it's basically just out the gate to the Pharamacy/Tequila Museum building, which you literally can't miss. And if you miss it. After wondering around for a bit 10-15 minutes after pickup time. Just grab any taxi. You'll have to pay but it's not that expensive of a ride.

Super easy. Any of the taxi's at the taxi stand outside of the terminal (down the street) can take you there. Just show them your information on where you are going (and we even had one that really didn't speak much English, but knew where it was at) and they'll take you.

Out and down to where it says "taxi" on the map

bigmap.jpg

Unless Almaplena is arranging your transportation any taxi cab will take you there. You really can't get lost. Only one gate going out of the port and you'll see the taxis lining up on the street as you exit. If the resort is arranging transportation specifically for you, they should give explicit directions/details in your reservation confirm. Just DO NOT try to take the tram out of port.

• 3 weeks later...

It was really easy. Just make sure you walk out of the port and pass the buses full of people on tours. There were a bunch of taxis lined up and waiting on the right and left. The building from mitsugirly's post I think has now been painted blue. We saw it on the way back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by anabananz4

It was really easy. Just make sure you walk out of the port and pass the buses full of people on tours. There were a bunch of taxis lined up and waiting on the right and left. The building from mitsugirly's post I think has now been painted blue. We saw it on the way back.

Thanks so much for following up! Welcome home.

How was your day there?

Thanks so much for following up! Welcome home.

How was your day there?

The people and food were wonderful. It was windy and the water was pretty choppy which didn't make for good snorkeling conditions. If you go on a calm day the reef is very close. The water temp was perfect. Also, the taxi ride took a good 30 minutes there. A bit longer on the way back bc of traffic getting into the port. Enjoy!