Kayaking in the Caribbean...and misc

lauraodonnell86

Hello fellow CC friends:

I have done quite a bit of research and haven't been able to find an answer so thought I would post a new question. We are headed to the following islands in January: St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Antigua, St. Lucia, Barbados, Bonaire, Aruba, and Curacao.

I would love to find the BEST place to kayak. We've never done it before but both have a desire to. We booked one last year and it got canceled because of rough seas in St. Lucia. Does anyone have any great experiences or ideas for us?

While I'm on here....we've never been the ABC islands. Any AWESOME beaches that we shouldn't miss? We love just relaxing on the beach and drinking a couple beers throughout the day. Preferably not too far from the port since we take taxis.

Give me your best ideas!!!! Thanks so much CC!! :D

Are you looking to Kayak in the ocean (open water) or in the mangroves? I believe Bonaire has some cool mangrove kayaking. As far as the other island, I'm sure you can just rent a kayak at many of the beaches and head out into the water. I've been to all of these islands except Antigua, and while you can kayak anyplace in the ocean, are you looking for something "special" to see?

Are you looking to Kayak in the ocean (open water) or in the mangroves? I believe Bonaire has some cool mangrove kayaking. As far as the other island, I'm sure you can just rent a kayak at many of the beaches and head out into the water. I've been to all of these islands except Antigua, and while you can kayak anyplace in the ocean, are you looking for something "special" to see?

I think we just decided to kayak in St. Maarten to Pinel Island! Thanks for your response!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app