How long does Guaranteed Room Allocation take? 26 Days out....

Spades88

I want to know already!! 26 days out with an I grade guarantee - All interior and oceanview rooms are coming up as sold out? Hopefully this means a mega upgrade? Fingers crossed, I was just hoping for even an obstructed porthole - I mostly just want a couch and a bath! How long has HAL taken to allocate a room for your guarantee before?

It could be soon, it could be at the pier! HAL is quite late with guarantee assignments. Of course, they will be seeing how many cabins they can fill with up-sells before giving complimentary upgrades or guarantees.

You may get a nice upgrade, or you may get what you paid for. All depends on how well the cruise is selling and how much people are willing to spend. Regardless, you will be on your cruise in a nice cabin enjoying yourself!

Thanks for your reply :-) They've been sold out of the Cabin Grade I have a guarantee in for weeks, so who knows where I will end up. I'm in Australia so I've never actually had HAL try to offer me an upsell/upgrade before so it will be interesting to see what happens!

It's usually about 3 - 10 days before the cruise. Check your luggage tags because the room number often shows there first.

I hope you get a sweet upgrade!

Thanks for the tip! :-) I tried that, they're coming up blank. I feel like HAL just want to tease me and make me wait! My TA booked the Guarantee as that was the only option for the cabin grade (I just wanted a guarantee of a large interior cabin as its a 27 day cruise I wanted the extra hanging out space/couch) So I'm happy as long as I have a couch, and possibly a bath if I get upgraded!

Thanks for your reply :-) They've been sold out of the Cabin Grade I have a guarantee in for weeks, so who knows where I will end up. I'm in Australia so I've never actually had HAL try to offer me an upsell/upgrade before so it will be interesting to see what happens!

I don't mean to dampen your enthusiasm here, but one of these might in fact be reserved for you. With a guarantee, you never know.

Same here almost - one at 13, one at 7. Once we were assigned at 11 or 10 and re-assigned (higher) at 3.

That is a good point: reassignments often come very close to sail date. I think ours have been 4 - 1 days out. They, of course, are the best assignments!

Edited by SilvertoGold

I could tell you one thing they work Monday through Friday only

Is this new? Many of our assignment have come in on Sundays between 4 pm and 7 pm PST.
We have gotten assignments on both Sat and Sun evenings ... but the Mon>Fri may be new' date=' as we haven't done a guarantee since the wholesale re-categorization across the fleet a couple of years ago. (HAL now ranks too many cabins at the top that I consider undesirable, and we will no longer roll the dice.)[/size']

I've at least twice only received a cabin assignment the morning of departure from the HAL overnight hotel to the pier, and once not until arrival at the pier. One of those was really worth the wait, it was on Prinsendam and was an upgrade to an outside from an inside which I believe was (still is?) an uncommon happening.

I also hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but out of 13 I inside cabins, 4 are standard size, not the large ones. EM

From what I have seen since I booked there were no I grade cabins free/not already free. I'd noticed the A cabins on deck 7 and wrote to HAL requesting to not have one. I'm on a 27 day cruise with my mum and booked the I grade cabin and paid extra for it because everywhere the I grade cabins are advertised say they are large cabins and I basically said if they gave me one they're false advertising and I'd not be very impressed as I may as well have paid the couple of hundred dollars less to get the MM grade cabin which is the same size. We'll just have to see what happens. If I get allocated one of the standard size ones I'll definitely be disappointed. Probably go back to cruising Princess to be honest.

I've at least twice only received a cabin assignment the morning of departure from the HAL overnight hotel to the pier, and once not until arrival at the pier. One of those was really worth the wait, it was on Prinsendam and was an upgrade to an outside from an inside which I believe was (still is?) an uncommon happening.

The suspense! I'm hoping it means upgrade as currently all Interior and porthole cabins are sold out. I'm doing a 27 day cruise which is a combination of 2 cruises and one of those is a very popular cruise. A girl can dream right?

The suspense! I'm hoping it means upgrade as currently all Interior and porthole cabins are sold out. I'm doing a 27 day cruise which is a combination of 2 cruises and one of those is a very popular cruise. A girl can dream right?

Since this is a Collector's cruise, you might just be assigned earlier than normal, as we have many times.

Whatever and whenever, please let us know!!!

Edited by SilvertoGold

I also hate to dampen your enthusiasm, but out of 13 I inside cabins, 4 are standard size, not the large ones. EM

I guess the thing that would irritate me if I got the standard size cabin is this from the HAL website -

Large or Standard Interior Staterooms

Large Standard

I, J*, K* L, M, MM, N, NN

* This category available in both Large & Standard. Please use stateroom number to verify.