Carnival transfering luggage to airport post cruise?

TanIslandGirl

:)Hello,

It's been a year since my last cruise and I was wondering if Carnival still offers to transfer your luggage to the airport after your cruise. We are flying JetBlue and our flight doesnt leave untill 7:00PM so we were hoping to let Carnival move the luggage for us.

Is this on all ships? We made the mistake of not doing in last August and am looking forward to not having to worry about the luggage this time. I will be on the Triumph next month.

We did the luggage transfer from the dock to the airport in NO last April, and it was wonderful! We had the whole day to kill from the time we left the ship, until our flight so we didn't want to lug our bags all over the place. We self-disembarked, went right to the luggage check in area and used "Advance Check-In, LLC". I think paid $25.00. This was a service that was not offered through Carnival, but through the airport at New Orleans.

So what does this 25 dollar fee exactly get you, do you still have to pay for your checked baggage? Also do you still have to check in for your return flight online and print off your boarding passes? Do you get to skip the regular check in lines at the airport and go straight through to the security line? we thought about using this service in Tampa when we had a 11:30 flight home but that now has been changed to 1:57 so not sure if it is worth the extra money for us to do luggage express.

We did the luggage transfer from the dock to the airport in NO last April, and it was wonderful! We had the whole day to kill from the time we left the ship, until our flight so we didn't want to lug our bags all over the place. We self-disembarked, went right to the luggage check in area and used "Advance Check-In, LLC". I think paid $25.00. This was a service that was not offered through Carnival, but through the airport at New Orleans.

I spoke with a carnival rep a few nights ago about the same question. They said that they did not offer such a service or any baggage holding area. I did see a link on the port of new orleans website for a company that will forward your luggage to the airport ....I think we'll be using that company this month.

We will be sailing on Freedom next year...can this be done with ALL airlines? I have heard they don't offer the service for Southwest.

When we were on the Freedom last October, Southwest was excluded from the list of airlines that it was offered for.

I spoke with a carnival rep a few nights ago about the same question. They said that they did not offer such a service or any baggage holding area. I did see a link on the port of new orleans website for a company that will forward your luggage to the airport ....I think we'll be using that company this month.

It was great. After doing self-disembark, we walked outside to where the cabs are, located the kiosk which was clearly marked with their name, dropped off the luggage and took off for the day. After we got to the airport, we 1st went downstairs to the luggage claim area, located the office they had told us to look for, claimed our bags and went upstairs to check in and go through security. I wish every airport offered this service.

So what does this 25 dollar fee exactly get you, do you still have to pay for your checked baggage? Also do you still have to check in for your return flight online and print off your boarding passes? Do you get to skip the regular check in lines at the airport and go straight through to the security line? we thought about using this service in Tampa when we had a 11:30 flight home but that now has been changed to 1:57 so not sure if it is worth the extra money for us to do luggage express.

I asked my family members who have used this service in the past & they told me that all the service offers is your luggage being taken to the airport and placed on your plane for you. You still have to check in at the airport & go through security.

Archived